2022/23 Farmers Ligue 1 (+Mbappe) / French football thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Marseille drew again, 1-1 at Lorient and dropped to third behind Lens. Marseille haven't lost away since October 16 which you would think is championship winning form, until you learn they haven't won at home since January 15. That's a long frustrating run for the L'OM fans to go without enjoying a win at the Velodrome. :(

Marseille drew again, 1-1 at Lorient and dropped to third behind Lens. Marseille haven't lost away since October 16 which you would think is championship winning form, until you learn they haven't won at home since January 15. That's a long frustrating run for the L'OM fans to go without enjoying a win at the Velodrome. :(

Wow. The one time I went to a Marseille game it was a cauldron of noise (was back in 2004 so maybe not relevant!). Didn't think their home form would be so poor!

View attachment 1668861

Some interesting results. Marseille as always good away from home DEVO

Relegation fight for that extra relegation place is gonna be intense:

View attachment 1668863

4 teams on 32 points.
Nantes have been in free-fall the last couple of months. Almost lost at home to struggling Troyes, only getting an equaliser in the 6th minute of injury time.

It would be sad to see Les canaris go down. But they look to have an ok run home, including the next two crunch games against Brest and your team Strasbourg.

PSG lost 3-1 this morning to Lorient, while Marseille won 2-1 at home to Auxerre. Now only 5pts behind with five games to play. Still a chance.

My daughter is happy, it’s the first major trophy her team has won since she was born in 1995. In fact I think it maybe their first trophy outside of the second division title they have ever won, but I haven’t told her that. :)

Last edited:
Seen that. Bit of a surprise. They do have Troyes next though.
Yeah, miracles are still needed, but I'm happy with how we have performed for a majority of the season, a couple of the home losses (lost 2-1 to Ajaccio and 3-1 to Nice) will cost any chance though.

It is important that we stay in second to guarantee CL football next season, we have Lens away next week which will be extremely tough, Lens play Toulouse mid-week which should be an easy win for them with Toulouse still in party mode, so I expect going into the game there will be a point separating us.

PSG have Troyes (A), Ajaccio (H), Auxerre (A), Strasbourg (A) and Clemont (H) in their last five. After Lens we have Angers (H), Lille (away which will be tough), Brest (H) and Ajaccio (A), three of the four team in the relegation spots. I really need our away form to continue if we are to have any chance.

Maybe Strasbourg can provide one of those miracles. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Messi has gotten himself in some strife over taking a trip to Saudi Arabia (Qatar's most bitter & hated rival) without permission.

Does he really need another gig when the Qataris are already paying him 40-50 million euros a season? I mean seriously, the bloke's becoming a grub just like Ronaldo at the end of his career.

Whether this will trigger a meltdown at PSG remains to be seen.

Lens win 1-0 against Toulouse to maintain pressure at the top. Still very tight for European places:

1683071205299.png

Nantes lose another key game, against struggling Brest. So Brest jump ahead of them and Nantes are now in the bottom four. Hard to see manager Antoine Kombouaré holding on to his job much longer.

For anyone who wants to know who were the past French League and Cup Champions. And to be a little depressed by the final couple of minutes. :(

While I am a Marseille fan, I think Lille have the best song.

Nantes finally sacked their manager, Kombouaré. He did an OK job overall, but the last few months Nantes have been in free fall, so something had to be done. Now up to the U19 coach to save their season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back