Premier Lg EPL Matchday 22 & 23 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Jota was absolutely invisible, to me he's just a bit better than Origi, a poacher that rarely creates goals by themselves but can finish when an opportunity is presented. Not the right game to start him in, if Salah was available I think we win that.
Way off on Jota who is an excellent player. I love Div but Jota is MILES better than Div.

Of course it would help to have Mo available but Mo isnt gonna make the other 10 blokes not be s**t.

We were awful. We were lucky to be level at half time.

Second half we actually started well and for 10 minutes we were on top and I thought, maybe we can turn this around, then the terrible mistake from VVD and Ali and it was game over.

So for about 80 of the 90 we were trash. You can afford to do that against s**t teams, you cant afford to do that away to Arsenal.

We got what we deserved which was nothing. So we just pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and we go again.

On that vision looks to me like he’s just trying to foul him to prevent a counter and got it wrong. Don’t think it was intentional in terms of how and where he got him, just clumsy. Doesn’t mean it’s not a red card either, if you take the risk deliberately fouling someone and get it wrong you have to accept the consequences.

Tough game. Should really have been 2 or 3 down at half time but actually thought we played well when it was 1-1 and I thought we had a real chance of winning it. Fair result tough on the balance of play, well done to Arsenal.

What is going on at Chelsea? They’re so bad it’s not even newsworthy anymore. Are they just a normal mid table club again?

This is the match that our injury crisis finally caught up with us

Poor, tired performance. Much of the team had played a lot of minutes recently without a rest.

On the plus side we are about to get 5-6 key players return to fitness.

Allison having one of his rare bad games which happen seemingly out of nowhere didn't help either. Was culpable for goals 2 & 3 but tbf if we held on for a point it would have been undeserved.

We move on, that was our toughest remaining fixture considering unavailability & being at Emirates.

What is going on at Chelsea? They’re so bad it’s not even newsworthy anymore. Are they just a normal mid table club again?

Youngest squad in the league with zero leadership(the few older guys we have have none of this). Once something goes against us we are so mentally fragile we just collapse.

Plus we have a manager who cant influence a game once in process and is pretty s**t and has no identity.

Been pretty consistent all season.

Youngest squad in the league with zero leadership(the few older guys we have have none of this). Once something goes against us we are so mentally fragile we just collapse.

Plus we have a manager who cant influence a game once in process and is pretty s**t and has no identity.

Been pretty consistent all season.
Are you worried about where the club is at? United have shown it's not necessarily easy to make it back to the top levels once you fall away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did we beat West Ham 3 nil when they had 12 against our 10?

Or did we actually sell Maguire to then in the summer. He created some of West hams best chances.

Maguire is a liability. Martinez is your best CB but it looked like he unfortunately picked up another serious injury.

Chelsea are a more expensive version of everton and west ham from the mid 2010s when they went and spent a heap of money with no real plan.
They bought a stack of potential players but have no one to develop them on field because they're asked to be match winners already.

Jackson, Gusto, Badiashille, Madueke
Over 100m spent on 4 guys who are basically meh.
No reason they'd be worse if they'd kept Tomori, Mount, Abraham and Livramento and the club would still have it's soul. Instead it has overpaid average players on far too long of contracts.

Mudryk, Fernandez, Caicedo all massive overpays for unfinished products.

Palmer and Sterling were ok fees, but they made sterling the man in the front 3 and he isn't. His movement was exploited at city which covered his poor finishing. Chelsea want him to be prime Hazard rn.

Thiago Silva is their best CB and also very easily exploitable for pace which keeps costing them.

Its the biggest mismanagement of a club from the top outside Barcelona and Leeds.

No idea to be honest so it might have been a troll. Just know our manager does it so thought it was becoming more prevalent.
Yeah fair enough. Got troll vibes given it was against Liverpool, Klopp’s last game at Emirates and I’ve never seen Arteta do it before.

Are you worried about where the club is at? United have shown it's not necessarily easy to make it back to the top levels once you fall away.
I was worried 6 months ago, now im just numb to the dumb decisions.

Can wait until the summer and we give Brighton £150m for De Zerbi and Ferguson haha.

Chelsea are a more expensive version of everton and west ham from the mid 2010s when they went and spent a heap of money with no real plan.
They bought a stack of potential players but have no one to develop them on field because they're asked to be match winners already.

Jackson, Gusto, Badiashille, Madueke
Over 100m spent on 4 guys who are basically meh.
No reason they'd be worse if they'd kept Tomori, Mount, Abraham and Livramento and the club would still have it's soul. Instead it has overpaid average players on far too long of contracts.

Mudryk, Fernandez, Caicedo all massive overpays for unfinished products.

Palmer and Sterling were ok fees, but they made sterling the man in the front 3 and he isn't. His movement was exploited at city which covered his poor finishing. Chelsea want him to be prime Hazard rn.

Thiago Silva is their best CB and also very easily exploitable for pace which keeps costing them.

Its the biggest mismanagement of a club from the top outside Barcelona and Leeds.
Don't mind our squad, but don't think the manager knows how to use them effectively.

I was worried 6 months ago, now im just numb to the dumb decisions.

Can wait until the summer and we give Brighton £150m for De Zerbi and Ferguson haha.

We have the benefit of hindsight but there's clearly a leadership problem with Chelsea.

What would you have done differently? Rice is better and cheaper than Casciedo + Lavia. Pau Torres or Van de Van were both experienced players on the market.

Don't mind our squad, but don't think the manager knows how to use them effectively.
I personally think the squad is horribly assembled.

You have sterling who's best on the left, so then you go and spend 80m on Mudryk.
You don't have a striker, so you spend 20m on winger/striker

Dropped 280m on central midfield and you're still short of numbers and you'll have to sell Gallagher.

You still have a 40 year old as your best CB and he's gonna need to be replaced.

I don't see a nailed on right winger.

60m on a backup left back

It's just a disaster everywhere.

Still need a CB, RW and ST which is gonna be like a other 200-300m

Disaster

Comprehensive from Arsenal, deserved 3 points. Felt the match at Anfield was very even and a draw was the just result. The Cup match Arsenal should’ve been out of sight however paid the price for profligacy in front of goal against an elite team.

Jorginho masterful in midfield. Brilliant signing he’s been. Trossard too, both were excellent acquisitions last January.

A dominant first half really soured by that wtf moment by Saliba failing to clear. Very uncharacteristic error. Watched the replay several times just to try and ascertain what the hell happened. Something out of nothing for Liverpool and they came out strongly in the second half.

Again though, the leadership and experience of Jorginho here stemmed the tide. He and Rice controlled that midfield and speaking of uncharacteristic, again I had to rewatch a number of times for that second goal.

I’ve seen Allison and van Dijk produce a number of world class performances to keep Arsenal out over the years, never would’ve thought I’d see them produce a moment like that. That was a very welcome gift. Konate I thought unlucky to be given a second yellow. A few of the cards were harsh I felt.

Was very impressed with the way Arsenal saw the match out from there, the icing on the cake provided by Trossard with a fantastic turn and run. Quite the career record he has now mustered against Liverpool.

So that’s consecutive seasons now earning 4 points against Liverpool in the league campaign. Previous seasons it was almost a given 0. That’s a hell of a result from Arsenal with a few injuries and absences still to navigate. City obviously with 2 games in hand however after a recent blip in the league last month, this was outstanding from Arsenal. Glorious.

Yeah fair enough. Got troll vibes given it was against Liverpool, Klopp’s last game at Emirates and I’ve never seen Arteta do it before.

No I don’t believe there’s much in that at all, Arteta usually engages with the fans at home like that post match. Especially after an important win like this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back