Premier Lg EPL Matchday 28 & 29 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't beat Liverpool at Anfield
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Just pointing out that the perception of Arnold being defensively frail is overinflated, because any mistakes he does make are so disproportionately scrutinised relative to other defenders.

This is pretty wide spread these days but how often do you think that these people are actually watching full 90 minute matches of teams that they don't support? Unfortunately it's much easier to follow short clips and memes on 'banter' pages through twitter, reddit, facebook, etc. than it is to actually watch games and form original opinions.

Plus when it comes to taking the piss out of a rival I think that most people just abandon critical thinking and see what they want to see anyway.

Palmer was in the squad and got some minutes in the last couple of England games. He's probably behind Foden and Saka for that wide right position. Bowen is another contender.
Could play #10 …seems a natural

This is pretty wide spread these days but how often do you think that these people are actually watching full 90 minute matches of teams that they don't support? Unfortunately it's much easier to follow short clips and memes on 'banter' pages through twitter, reddit, facebook, etc. than it is to actually watch games and form original opinions.

Plus when it comes to taking the piss out of a rival I think that most people just abandon critical thinking and see what they want to see anyway.

I watch all Premier League games from the perspective of not supporting any of the teams.

Clearly Walker is the better defender. His pace snuffs out most attacks on his side. He also gets forward to retain possession and fire in crosses.

TAA has a different role. He is tasked with stepping into midfield to deliver to the forwards while his teammates cover for him in defence. TAA is elite at crosses into the box that create goals.

I watch all Premier League games from the perspective of not supporting any of the teams.

Clearly Walker is the better defender. His pace snuffs out most attacks on his side. He also gets forward to retain possession and fire in crosses.

TAA has a different role. He is tasked with stepping into midfield to deliver to the forwards while his teammates cover for him in defence. TAA is elite at crosses into the box that create goals.

Don't you support West Ham?

Twitter is worse than ever for this. It seems like it’s almost entirely fan or troll accounts these days. People farming engagement for cash only made it worse. I think you’re spot on that hardly any of them are actually watching entire games.

TAA is a great example. You’ll either find a fan account claiming any above average pass he makes as ‘the best pass of all time’. Or a troll account sharing a video of him out of position or missing a tackle claiming he’s the worst defender in the premier league. They end up hijacking any higher profile posts that do actually try and properly analyse a player as well.

while i think walker has played too much and there has been an opportunity missed perhaps to get rico lewis more games, the fact that kyle is still able to get up and down the ground at the intensity he does when he's nearly 34 is pretty remarkable
Especially given his other extra curricula activities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is interesting as I would put Porro on form this season in this conversation and he plays the RB differently to both of them as he not only pushes into midfield but also beyond into the attacking areas

It is interesting as I would put Porro on form this season in this conversation and he plays the RB differently to both of them as he not only pushes into midfield but also beyond into the attacking areas

Udogie plays like that as well. When Spurs are playing out from the back the 'full backs' push into midfield to create an outlet. Then they both have license to get into attacking areas. It's fun to watch.

Just noting a few scenarios tonight.
  • Liverpool /City draw and a Villa win puts them within 6 points of top spot with 10 games to play
  • Liverpool / City draw, a Tottenham win puts them within 11 points and a game in hand of top spot.

Pity one of the two is going to miss a CL spot.
Neither of those are challengers though.
Can you believe that Michael Bridges (with a hint of humour) still thinks Villa and Spurs are in the title race, because of all the games against the top 3 that they both are still to play.

Agree Walker is better than Arnold defensively.

Just pointing out that the perception of Arnold being defensively frail is overinflated, because any mistakes he does make are so disproportionately scrutinised relative to other defenders.

This by Walker being glossed over was another good case in point.

He is poor defensively imo, but has strengths in other areas that compensate.

Zinchenko is similar.

Walker has always been the opposite. Good defensively (capable of the odd brain fade) but couldn't deliver a cross to save himself. Now we're seeing Walker struggle a bit more defensively and the negatives are starting to outweigh the positives.

He's still capable of beating anyone on his day and it wasn't that long ago that he had Vini Jnr for breakfast. But the signs are heading in one direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back