Premier Lg EPL Matchday 21 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

There's nothing to clarify. The ref blew the whistle to restart the game. End of story. Embarrassing behaviour by Forest.
Don't know why people are so precious about clubs communicating with PGMOL. And of course there is something to clarify, is something of that nature within the remit of VAR. It doesnt have to be a complaint, or a moan. Just a question that can be easily answered.

Do you think clubs shouldn't know thatnaort of information?

Don't know why people are so precious about clubs communicating with PGMOL. And of course there is something to clarify, is something of that nature within the remit of VAR. It doesnt have to be a complaint, or a moan. Just a question that can be easily answered.

Because there's nothing to discuss. Once the referee allows the game to restart that's the end of it. It's common knowledge. And also easily available on the PL website:

Are we going to send letters every time a wall gets away with sneaking one yard forward and blocks a golabound effort?

Are we going to conduct a review every time a PL footballer gets away with sneaking a few yards up field for a throw in?

Most importantly - If Toney's FK didn't go in but rebounded off the wall and Forest scored on the counter - would they be demanding a retake from the original position?

Agreed. They are entitled to contact PGMOL politely for a response.

Much better than managers blasting 4th officials on the touchline or disparaging remarks in press conferences.

Those last few minutes of the Sheffield United v West Ham match was wild. 2-1 up in the 94th minute against ten men, with Ings (if I recall correctly) fluffing an excellent chance in the box to make it 3-1.

Up to the other end, another sending off, a penalty given, a GK substitution, an equaliser from the spot, and it’s 2-2 in the 102nd minute. Madness.

And just when I thought what else could happen. That tackle on Bowen in the last moment of the match in the box, geez that looked like a foul with the way he was impeded with arms wrapped around him.

Still do.
Baffling. Truly baffling.
The man has a team full of championship crap 6th in the PL.

He'd be doing well to keep those players in the league. European places is a gargantuan effort.

Bournemouth fans early were chanting "you're just a s**t Andy Carroll" when he missed an early attempt, pretty quiet second half.
They're saying on the Liverpool thread that it was the travelling Red fans who picked up that chant in the second half lol

Because there's nothing to discuss. Once the referee allows the game to restart that's the end of it. It's common knowledge. And also easily available on the PL website:

Are we going to send letters every time a wall gets away with sneaking one yard forward and blocks a golabound effort?

Are we going to conduct a review every time a PL footballer gets away with sneaking a few yards up field for a throw in?

Most importantly - If Toney's FK didn't go in but rebounded off the wall and Forest scored on the counter - would they be demanding a retake from the original position?
Forest aren't demanding a retake. They asked if moving the ball is within the remit of VAR.

I wasn't aware if it was or wasn't. Presumably Forest weren't aware.

Don't see the harm in PGMOL clarifying.

Baffling. Truly baffling.
The man has a team full of championship crap 6th in the PL.

He'd be doing well to keep those players in the league. European places is a gargantuan effort.
Getting a bit old hearing the Championship talent etc. now Art.

Paqueta, Bowen and Kudus would all easily play for top 6 sides, probably Alvarez too.

Paqueta, Bowen and Kudus would all easily play for top 6 sides, probably Alvarez too.
JWP best free kick taker in prem history as well.

I think it is collective delusional hubris to be sick of Moyes.
Hardly going to get someone to go any further up the table.

Give you Bowen, and maybe JWP.

If you think the officiating in the prem is suss check out the assistance Real Madrid got against winless Almeria. A Vini goal that was rightfully given handball on field overturned, and a disallowed goal to Almeria for a very soft incident in the build up, plus more.

I think it is collective delusional hubris to be sick of Moyes.
Hardly going to get someone to go any further up the table.

Give you Bowen, and maybe JWP.
Said it previously but on paper we have the same squad strength as Villa, difference is they have a better manager. Don't think you can be ultimately successful parking the bus and playing on the counter as your main plan really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the best thing Moyes could do is leave West Ham at the end of the season.

He’s on a hiding to nothing by staying. The fans don’t like him and will never give him due credit for the years of overachievement. With the toxicity of the fanbase it’s only a matter of time before they drop down the table to where they should be and that’s when the fans will really turn on him.

He should get out, walk in to another job and then it’ll be up to West Ham to find someone who will do a better job than Moyes which I think will be an almost impossible task, and that’s when his legacy will really be cemented at West Ham.

I think the best thing Moyes could do is leave West Ham at the end of the season.

He’s on a hiding to nothing by staying. The fans don’t like him and will never give him due credit for the years of overachievement. With the toxicity of the fanbase it’s only a matter of time before they drop down the table to where they should be and that’s when the fans will really turn on him.

He should get out, walk in to another job and then it’ll be up to West Ham to find someone who will do a better job than Moyes which I think will be an almost impossible task, and that’s when his legacy will really be cemented at West Ham.
Don't really get this? Probably gets them into Europe this year, he's not getting a top 6 job again. Hed be quitting the best job hell probably ever get again to take a job at a lower table side which he could get after being sacked at West Ham anyway.

Do you mean externally with this comment, because if the fans hate him now off the back of a European trophy they will never like him.

Do you mean externally with this comment, because if the fans hate him now off the back of a European trophy they will never like him.

Depends if Moyes were to win Europa. That would be massive and get West Ham CL football.

Conference league unfortunately will never be worth much to a PL team even though it still is a trophy.

Forest aren't demanding a retake. They asked if moving the ball is within the remit of VAR.

What next? Should they ask PGMOL to walk back goals from foul throws and send it to VAR? Where does it stop?

Everyone in the game has always known that restart of play is up to the referee.

I don't see the problem. There's an ambiguity in the laws that needs to be cleared up. It won't change the Forest v Brentford result but it might assist with future referee or VAR interpretations if moving the foam is allowed.

Kudus would too. He's a great player. As is Paqueta.
Starter or squad. I was working under the starter assumption.
Which highlights the point about Moyes. Has them 6th starting players that those above would likely have on the bench.

Doesn't really deserve the discontent he's receiving.

Toney was banned until a few days back.
KDB missed months injured.

Both scored a goal before Antony.
GEYyLUXXYAAZpzh

What next? Should they ask PGMOL to walk back goals from foul throws and send it to VAR? Where does it stop?

Everyone in the game has always known that restart of play is up to the referee.
Who is asking PGMOL to walk back anything?

Stop over dramatising.

There is more apathy than toxicity towards Moyes from the match going fans. When they are underperforming they are critical, when they are over performing there is happiness. Pretty standard stuff. You are correct on the replacement part. Who are they finding to replace him who is obviously better? I don't see many obvious candidates. They will have to look for a younger manager from overseas imo as all established quality managers (which are in far lower numbers than people think) can probably get better jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back