Premier Lg EPL Matchday 25 & 26 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Manchester United's luck has to run out. Have been the luckiest side in the league so far this season.
Their fans actually think they’ve been good. Villa battered them and that spud McTominay pulled another one out of his backside. They’re a very ordinary side full of predominantly dead wood.

Wayne Knight Laughing GIF

Their fans actually think they’ve been good. Villa battered them and that spud McTominay pulled another one out of his backside. They’re a very ordinary side full of predominantly dead wood.
Their goal difference is 0. Villa and Tottenham above them are on +15 and +18 respectively. I think that paints some of the picture.

But a lot of games they're scored late goals despite being second best and their points tally isn't an accurate reflection of their performances. Defensively their crap and actually very reliant on Maguire (who pretty much holds their defense together) and in attack they're one dimensional.

What is the ten Haag game plan? United don't dominate games. They rely on Onana to make saves when their defence and midfield has gone missing. They have scored a few late goals which have hidden their ineptitude in other games. It's likely they will finish in 6th place, like his predecessor, Ralf Rangnick.

Defensively their crap and actually very reliant on Maguire (who pretty much holds their defense together) and in attack they're one dimensional.

There's some truth in this but you're overlooking the main reason why the defence has been so poor, which is because of all the injuries back there. We've had 10 different CB combinations this season and have spent a huge chunk of the season without a single fit left back. Obviously there's more to it than that but the constant chopping and changing has been a big problem.

Maguire absolutely does not hold our defence together though. He's been much better this season and has had some very good games but he's still making a lot of big mistakes (they just aren't being punished currently). Martinez is the player who has this impact and if he was fit then Maguire wouldn't be starting.

There's some truth in this but you're overlooking the main reason why the defence has been so poor, which is because of all the injuries back there. We've had 10 different CB combinations this season and have spent a huge chunk of the season without a single fit left back. Obviously there's more to it than that but the constant chopping and changing has been a big problem.

Maguire absolutely does not hold our defence together though. He's been much better this season and has had some very good games but he's still making a lot of big mistakes (they just aren't being punished currently). Martinez is the player who has this impact and if he was fit then Maguire wouldn't be starting.

We’ve barely had our best CB & Mid available this season, and our squad depth is very poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last season it felt like Rashford was carrying the attack, but also Casemiro's goals stuck out in my mind as being important.

This season Garnacho bobs up, McTominay is clutch, and now Hojlund is warming up in the 2nd half of the league season.

I don’t see title winning potential in your squad and I think this recent run of “form” (I’d prefer to call it results) is just delaying a much needed overhaul.

United remind me of Chelsea before we sold all of our players over 25 (outside of Raheem and Thiago). Lots of mediocre and over the hill players that are still heavily relied upon with a couple of young guns coming through.

Maguire, Varane, Rashford, Eriksen, Amrabat, Casemiro, Shaw, McTominay, Martial, Evans, AWB, Vindelof, etc. aren’t gonna get any better/are already trash so ideally you’ll boot a lot of them.

The unknowns are guys like Onana, Mount and Antony. Onana is showing some improved signs so he would be worth persisting with. Mount is a squad player at best. Still baffles me that you coughed up for him. Now he appears injury prone. Antony just hasn’t lived up the expectations and has been absolutely dreadful (let’s not sugarcoat it). Then there’s Malacia, but I’m not even sure he exists?

Star potential is Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojlund who all look fantastic.

Other guys include Bruno (30 this year but you’re not going to get rid of him), Dalot (has looked good lately but I’m not completely sold) and Martinez (campaigner but I rate him).

For me, your squad moving forward will be built around the three young guns, Fernandes, Onana and Martinez. Even if you absolutely nail your next six or seven signings, do you think you’ll have a squad good enough to contend eventually? The quality won’t be there as your current age profile and depth is poor.

Just feels like such a long road back and your recent set of results are going to keep you in that never ending cycle that Sozabarus referred to above.

Chelsea look utterly shithouse at the moment but I’m glad we’ve ripped the Band-Aid off.

View attachment 1904318

You’re best mid, hey? Yikes. More grim than I thought!

Missed the part where I said 12-24 months yeah? He is our best and most important mid as when he misses we have to play McSpud in his position. Hes 31 soon to be 32 so will need to be replaced but can still be our best/most important mid.

Missed the part where I said 12-24 months yeah? He is our best and most important mid as when he misses we have to play McSpud in his position. Hes 31 soon to be 32 so will need to be replaced but can still be our best/most important mid.
12-24 months? Doesn’t align with this timeframe:
63845E44-F743-4BA5-BB9E-180C0F29742D.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back