2022/23 Farmers Ligue 1 (+Mbappe) / French football thread - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of talk the Qataris are done with PSG as a project and want out. This ties in with their interest in buying Utd.

Can't imagine there will be too many buyers that want PSG though. Wage bill of 600m is ridiculous for a Ligue 1 side. There's a limited ceiling on what commercial revenue a top Ligue 1 side can muster. Any new owner of PSG likely won't be a sportswashing state either.
They needed a CL era to get them into that lore.

Assume Messi and Neymar leave
Mbappe may need to be sold to keep the lights on.
I'd be happy for Spurs to take on Donnarumma's wages ;)

They needed a CL era to get them into that lore.

Assume Messi and Neymar leave
Mbappe may need to be sold to keep the lights on.
I'd be happy for Spurs to take on Donnarumma's wages ;)

Mbappe stayed on because the Qataris wanted the star player of Qatar 22 to be a PSG player. His deal involved pressure from Macron & the emir of Qatar. Can't be extended past 3 years and plenty of talk that he has an agreement to leave in the summer. Note: official buyout clauses are not actually allowed under French law.

He's very likely to be leaving PSG by 2025. And Messi seems more interested in playing MLS next season which is a surprise. I thought Messi had one more season of CL football in him but perhaps he sees the way that Ronaldo embarrassed himself this year and doesn't want to go down a similar path.

Mbappe stayed on because the Qataris wanted the star player of Qatar 22 to be a PSG player. His deal involved pressure from Macron & the emir of Qatar. Can't be extended past 3 years and plenty of talk that he has an agreement to leave in the summer. Note: official buyout clauses are not actually allowed under French law.

He's very likely to be leaving PSG by 2025. And Messi seems more interested in playing MLS next season which is a surprise. I thought Messi had one more season of CL football in him but perhaps he sees the way that Ronaldo embarrassed himself this year and doesn't want to go down a similar path.
WC win probably swayed him.
I'd love to see Messi go to Italy for a season, but he won't earn the $$ there. So the US isn't a bad one for him.

Mbappe is interesting - where does he play at madrid?
Can't see Barca being able to register him.
He has the power and pace to play EPL. But does then need to test himself against an elite level of defenders and keepers.

WC win probably swayed him.
I'd love to see Messi go to Italy for a season, but he won't earn the $$ there. So the US isn't a bad one for him.

Mbappe is interesting - where does he play at madrid?
Can't see Barca being able to register him.
He has the power and pace to play EPL. But does then need to test himself against an elite level of defenders and keepers.

Mbappe will go to Madrid or a PL team. Barca won't be able to compete financially.

Good shout on Messi to Serie A - it would be perfect for him as he gets older. Nobody can pay him big wages though so probably a non starter.

Mbappe will go to Madrid or a PL team. Barca won't be able to compete financially.

Good shout on Messi to Serie A - it would be perfect for him as he gets older. Nobody can pay him big wages though so probably a non starter.
would love to see him at Milan.
Leao - Giroud - Messi would be fun (ibra even funner, but he probably pulls stumps this season)

Mbappe to PL would be awesome...except it won't be Spurs, so pref not :p
City? Haaland + Mbappe would be devastating

would love to see him at Milan.
Leao - Giroud - Messi would be fun (ibra even funner, but he probably pulls stumps this season)

Mbappe to PL would be awesome...except it won't be Spurs, so pref not :p
City? Haaland + Mbappe would be devastating

Don't see Mbappe playing alongside Haaland anywhere. It'd be one or the other.

Shame about the result this morning DEVO

When Mbappe is on fire he is simply hard to stop for any Ligue 1 team. It is time he moved to EPL / La Liga where his talents can be tested at the highest level.
A bit of a thrashing, and at the Velodrome. :(

Oh well, another title hunt is over early, at least we are still in a good position to qualify for the Champions League.

Troyes lost again.
To a lower placed team, albeit away.
Surely kisnorbo fired soon.
No one can blame him for taking the job, but the A-League to Ligue 1 is an immense step-up, and he looks completely out of his depth.

No one can blame him for taking the job, but the A-League to Ligue 1 is an immense step-up, and he looks completely out of his depth.
Oh totally don't blame him for making the jump when it was on offer.

I've never really followed any soccer team before so I wouldn't really know what to look for.
You see the formation changing almost every match, a host of different players in the team each week - didn't really seem to make sense.

The complete inability to prevent goals and a few red cards recently seem to suggest players aren't fully invested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh totally don't blame him for making the jump when it was on offer.

I've never really followed any soccer team before so I wouldn't really know what to look for.
You see the formation changing almost every match, a host of different players in the team each week - didn't really seem to make sense.

The complete inability to prevent goals and a few red cards recently seem to suggest players aren't fully invested.

5 loses on the trot now isn't it?

Has played 175 games for PSG...and missed 100 games.
So, we may not see him in a PSG shirt again, though who would fork out millions for him with all his injury concerns?
(Answer: Probably Chelsea)

He's there until 2025. Considering his wages are 800k / week I don't see any club apart from ME clubs even considering buying him. He's a show pony.

Will Still is now the longest unbeaten manager in the top 5 European Leagues currently.

Wonder if Reims are still copping a 30k fine because he is still yet to take the UEFA pro license test?

Usually in these situations most clubs have someone on paper as "the manager" when in reality the actual manager calls the shots. Surely Reims could have done something like that to avoid copping a 30k fine every week!

Amazing that he is only 30. Incredible. Could be the next big club PL manager, has British parents so will know English perfectly.

More on the Neymar PSG issues

I wonder if this "injury" is just cover for the club standing him down for the rest of the season.

Neymar is injured in early march again like clockwork.

That’s one weird arse relationship he has with his sister. He fakes injuries every March because she has a birthday around this time. She’s even tattooed on his arm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back