Crows Board Podcast - looking for an opposition poster to add colour

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm unable to/not interested in coming on however I host the SFA podcast and I'm intrigued as to what "advantages" there are in using mumble (as I've never heard of it).
Sorry i missed this post earlier. feenix67 is the expert. I believe it has to do with being able to record every person on their own channel and individualy adjusting their levels etc.

Sorry i missed this post earlier. feenix67 is the expert. I believe it has to do with being able to record every person on their own channel and individualy adjusting their levels etc.

Ah, sweet. May be worth looking into.

Other than Sam Kerridge, is there anything you guys would like to hear discussed in the preview? Any players youd like to know more about? key match ups etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weve got Geelong next week, thatll be a fun podcast :p
... I think there'd be a small war if a Geelong supporter came knocking for volunteers.

More seriously, aside from *'s former place in the 8 up for grabs, people could discuss how else Adelaide could squeeze in this year.

I'm unable to/not interested in coming on however I host the SFA podcast and I'm intrigued as to what "advantages" there are in using mumble (as I've never heard of it).

SpeciousArgument I'd be keen to have a chat sometime about how you record your mumble conversations. Hit me up.

Hey guys... Mumble is a VOIP client often used by gamers for voice comms. The main advantages over say Skype are:

1. Far better audio codecs for better clarity
2. Far lower latency for tidier conversations and no pops/clicks/garbles
3. The ability to mulitrack record - ie record each participant on an individual track, which can then be each loaded into an audio editing program for individual balancing editing. The advantage here is that you can throw effects and eq over each person individually to enhance the quality as well as edit things up more effectively. In Mumble, you can either record the conversation in one track or multitrack just with a setting adjustment.
4. A more intuitive UI for group conversations and a "Push to Talk" mode which means that people need to push a button to talk and others can see when someone has pushed their talk button. This leads to cleaner conversations and less people talking over each other.

I've used it a lot, and the short test we did with a few people last night, people found it easy and intuitive, and the audio result was nice and clean and crisp. If you want any further info feel free to PM me.

Other than Sam Kerridge, is there anything you guys would like to hear discussed in the preview? Any players youd like to know more about? key match ups etc?

Would love to hear about how you guys rate the midfield battle, but I suspect that would be discussed anyway. Also keen on your thoughts as to how each team might approach tagging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back