D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it was no.7, i wasnt gonna bring it up but now it has been, no7 tried to take out H Dillion our best player on the day at that point of the game, he sucked him in they both got sent off, in the scuffle while on the ground No7 kicked H dillion in the head.

You can all lie and say it didnt happen, but it did, it was right infront of ur bench and you all jumped up and got a little excited about it too, u got the 4 points so neck up...

Anyway have fun in D3 for 2010.....

How many times have the Pirates won at Central Reserve?
I'm tipping Williamstown because they know how to play SPACE.
Also, I believe in Karma and they shouldn't be rewarded.
Therry for the First Semi.

How many times have the Pirates won at Central Reserve?
I'm tipping Williamstown because they know how to play SPACE.
Also, I believe in Karma and they shouldn't be rewarded.
Therry for the First Semi.
yeah well average prediction sir, judging at least by the result. Willy may know how to work space, but apparently they don't know how to shoot at goal, as peninsula had way more scoring shots.
Willy are big headed as it is, and perhaps this was the loss they needed for a bit of a slap, and re-awakening. huge win for the peninsula boys, i honestly didn't think the game would be so far seperated!
i'm sure the pirates'd like to see you stick the karma back up where it came from my good man. looks like they're doing everything right!
Just can't wait for tomorrow's result, to see who takes on willy!

sure the gap did widen dramatically in the last 10 mins that often happens in hard fought tussles. even an ardent pirates supporter would have been rapt in the umpiring (especially the little fat bloke) he single handedly kept peninsula in the game to 1/2 time. then in the 3rd he red carded the willy fullback for nothing more than late contact, so willy 1 goal down at 3/4 time after playing the bulk of the 3rd with 17 players and it took a toll late in the game. congrats to the pirates, i'm sure willy will have the mettle to bounce back for a rematch

Interesting weekend.... now a 3 horse race in both the seniors/magoos.

Reserves:
TP to win this week so we can all see a bumper re-match in the early game come grand final day.
Seniors:
Willy to grab the W. TP won well last time the two sides met at Oak Park. Different Seagull outfit on the park now and I think they should be able to get over the line.

Would love to see the sides that finish 1/2 in both grades make the big one

We can all complain about the umpiring, but Willy lost it in the middle of the ground, where they were smashed in the clearances. My theory is if you play well enough, the umpires won't be a factor.
Well done to the Pirates on getting back into D grade..

I'd be interested to read a report on the TP v Banyule 1st semi if anyone would care to post some info.

Ben Hynes, Williamstown CYMS. Striking, 2 matches.

Huge News. Especially considering he would have been a great match up for Bannister. Massive loss for Willy.

Huge News. Especially considering he would have been a great match up for Bannister. Massive loss for Willy.

Huge game this week. Considering Therry and willy are one all this year. Had two great games against each other this year. Does anyone give Therry a chance this week. Anything can happen this time of the year.

If memory serves me correctly, he didnt' line up on Bannister last time the two teams played. Should be a cracking game on Sunday. I'm still going to back Willy in to make it through to the big one.

Wouldn't worry that much about Bannister. Tore his PCL 2 weeks ago and can hardly move. Kicked 3 on the weekend from 3 kicks and he can't jump or move sideways. Took 1 mark from a lead and 2 marks in 1 on 1 contests.

Saying that you still need to put a fair player on him, keep in mind he is only at about 25 - 30% fitness. McWhinney at CHF is their key up forward, strong mark.

Will be interested to see how Therry's game plan will go on a big ground. They play a possession game and chip the ball around. Banyule went man on man from mid way through the 3rd after being 52 points down and created numerous turnovers. Saying that except for a 10 - 15 min window in the 3rd Banyule were the better team. 9.20 ( and 6 on the full) to 13.4 - 35 shots to 17.

Therry deserved their win as Banyule couldn't capitalize on their opportunities!!

The report of Hynes was frivoless, everyone one knows you have more chance being sent off for swearing than murder in the ammos, but every now and then you'll cop a "maggot" trying to influence a game. Once up at the kangaroo court the percentages are not good. The "maggot" trying for justification, and the alledged "victim" with an agenda tipped Benny right into it. Benny has over 200 games without report and is admired by friend and foe for the way he carries himself on a football field, this stood for nought and a hidious decision was made. While in principle I agree with "Gaso's" comments, in this case an umpire did at least influence a game of footy beyond the norm. Five of Peninsula's first 6 came from frees, this could of been worse but they missed a few sodas. 5 minutes into the 3rd he sent Benny off for a bump, Willy down to 17 players and Peninsula kicked away to a 4 goal lead. late in the 3rd Willy fought back to a point only for the "maggot" to pull out another with seconds to go, ditto 30 seconds into the fourth, seven from frees to one (from the other ump). Wheeler (5 goals) and all the Willy forwards had to put up with scragging, holding and pushing but couldn't buy a free. No qualms with the other ump, only mistake he really made was to let the "maggot" control the game. If the club doesn't go to appeals for Benny it will be a disgrace, the players and supporters would foot the bill for a genuine good bloke who has always plays with a great spirit.

Look boys, everyone on this page bar a couple are CY's people, maybe not players I don't know? But we could be talking around the bar without the need for anonymity. The decision on Hynes was crook, but the Ammateurs is not a democratically run comp' there is no right for appeal. Although beaten, we earned the right to play in the second semi, and now we enter the prelim' as the the higher placed finisher, so we need to play to that level and get on with it.

Not disagreeing with you at all, Sasha. I roared myself hoarse on Sunday at that ump (and the softies he paid in front of goal), and my voice still has not returned. Whilst not all of the frees in front of goal were warranted, there were certainly a couple that were the result of undisciplined Cys tackles.
I reiterate that it is up to the Cys to play so well that the umpires cannot influence the outcome. There are a number of incentives to play for this week: the chance to go up two grades in two years, the opportunity to get another crack at Peninsula and, not least, to show the passion that Hynesy does every time he runs out on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The report of Hynes was frivoless, everyone one knows you have more chance being sent off for swearing than murder in the ammos, but every now and then you'll cop a "maggot" trying to influence a game. Once up at the kangaroo court the percentages are not good. The "maggot" trying for justification, and the alledged "victim" with an agenda tipped Benny right into it. Benny has over 200 games without report and is admired by friend and foe for the way he carries himself on a football field, this stood for nought and a hidious decision was made. While in principle I agree with "Gaso's" comments, in this case an umpire did at least influence a game of footy beyond the norm. Five of Peninsula's first 6 came from frees, this could of been worse but they missed a few sodas. 5 minutes into the 3rd he sent Benny off for a bump, Willy down to 17 players and Peninsula kicked away to a 4 goal lead. late in the 3rd Willy fought back to a point only for the "maggot" to pull out another with seconds to go, ditto 30 seconds into the fourth, seven from frees to one (from the other ump). Wheeler (5 goals) and all the Willy forwards had to put up with scragging, holding and pushing but couldn't buy a free. No qualms with the other ump, only mistake he really made was to let the "maggot" control the game. If the club doesn't go to appeals for Benny it will be a disgrace, the players and supporters would foot the bill for a genuine good bloke who has always plays with a great spirit.

anymore excuses?

Well done to Williamstown and Peninsula on making the big one in 2009 and earning a spot in D1 in 2010. Clearly the best and most consistaint two sides throughout the year.

Williamstown have impressed me this year, go about it the right way and are set up well off the feild. Should compete well in D1 next year.

Well done to Williamstown and Peninsula on making the big one in 2009 and earning a spot in D1 in 2010. Clearly the best and most consistaint two sides throughout the year.

Williamstown have impressed me this year, go about it the right way and are set up well off the feild. Should compete well in D1 next year.

Go for it Willy. Karma says you should win because you hopefully haven't paid players and are not up yourselves.

Go for it Willy. Karma says you should win because you hopefully haven't paid players and are not up yourselves.
Just a quick one on player payments, I was having a few social ales with a retired police detective on the weekend and he made mention of a young bloke and his missus living nice and comfortable in a unit rented by the ammos club he played for! He met this bloke through one of his daughters friends. He wasn't sure if it was D1 or D2 but he did say it was a inner south eastern bayside team. I believe this bloke, known him all my life and he would have no reason to be bulls*$tting me. So don't ever think all clubs are clean, as there are so many more ways to skin a cat! Stat decs...... BAH!

Just a quick one on player payments, I was having a few social ales with a retired police detective on the weekend and he made mention of a young bloke and his missus living nice and comfortable in a unit rented by the ammos club he played for! He met this bloke through one of his daughters friends. He wasn't sure if it was D1 or D2 but he did say it was a inner south eastern bayside team. I believe this bloke, known him all my life and he would have no reason to be bulls*$tting me. So don't ever think all clubs are clean, as there are so many more ways to skin a cat! Stat decs...... BAH!

Mate, what about paying school fees, building a deck, buying a spa, paying for fees, giving out drink cards, put in a sponsors box at the fotty. etc.

This would happen at most ammo clubs. Even in your situation that you talk about no money has changed hands so it will never be proved!!

The only reason peninsula got caught was because of an angry spouse!!

Pretty rapt with the movement of teams for D2 next year.

In: Prahran, Sth Melb Districts, St Mary's Salesian, Bentleigh
Out: Peninsula, Willi CY's, Yarra Valley, Ivanhoe

Two big road trips replaced by two central teams.

Also, rapt that St Mary's got over the top of St Francis (who actually finished the ladder 2nd).

St Francis is out in Berwick, so wasn't looking forward to that road trip!!!

Also, rapt that St Mary's got over the top of St Francis (who actually finished the ladder 2nd).

I think you will find that SMD stayed up and ESL Animals are back in D2 in 2010. :rolleyes:

Say the rent is $300 a week (which is below par for the inner south eastern bayside but i'm being conservative) That's $15,600 a year or $866 a game for an 18 game season. I wouldn't think there are too many running around in D1 or D2 that could pull that sort of coin i any comp let alone the Ammo's.

Say the rent is $300 a week (which is below par for the inner south eastern bayside but i'm being conservative) That's $15,600 a year or $866 a game for an 18 game season. I wouldn't think there are too many running around in D1 or D2 that could pull that sort of coin i any comp let alone the Ammo's.

thats it, too much bitching and moaning going on here. bitches. moaners.

Hey Dave31, I haven't seen you around these traps for a while, I assume you're not playing for Kew anymore...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back