Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham
Why the hell is on this show?
In my opinion adds nothing to the show, he was a cricketer FFS.
You dont see Glen Jackovich on the cricket show in summer...
Needs to go along with his waste of air time "turn it up" segment

If not for Frawley and Fleming, that show would be much better viewing.

Frawley's not too bad if you keep him on task - replace Fleming with someone with a bit of intelligence and the panel is one of the better ones going around.

Dunstall is wasted on that show.

Fleming was funny for awhile, now he is just a waste on there. Dunstall and Whateley as mentioned are first class and Spud can play the clown role adequately. Fleming is just completely unnecessary.

It's a light hearted look at football at the end of each round. If you want analysis there's On The Couch and AFL Insider.

Either get the sand out of your vaginas or don't watch it.

It's a light hearted look at football at the end of each round. If you want analysis there's On The Couch and AFL Insider.

When does Fleming talk about football again? His contribution on Sunday night was a look at the high five, which was ripped off a Billy Birmingham routine from about 25 years ago.

You've come to the wrong place, if you don't want to see any complaints about the media.

Fleming was good at the start, but ever since there he has been on a downward spiral.

Right now he is downright irritating and annoying and the piss getting taken out of him by the other Panellists is starting to ring true.

He will not be on the show next year and I don't think the show will be aired.

It is Basically a Dunstall v Frawley - lets pull the piss out of each other battle. While Gerard sits there to give the show some seriousness and credibility.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Agree with this completely. Good to have a variety of shows. This is why i watch On The Couch and Insider and don't watch After The Bounce.

Not every show has to appeal to everyone.

he will not be on the show next year and I don't think the show will be aired.

Really? Take a look at the ratings. They've never been better. It battles it out with On the Couch as the highest rating show on Foxtel (not counting AFL/NRL games).

No chance they'll axe it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the show has really taken the "scripted spontaneous" path. everything seems rehearsed as the panel dont have the acting chops to pull it off (flems wheel, the adjudicator etc). will still watch it as its ok sunday evening wind down entertainment and " ya dirty bludger" gives a chuckle every time.

Seriously people if you don't like it tune out. IMO Flem adds a different perspective to the show, he shows no allegiance to the ex-footballers club nor he a journo only interested in the sound of his own voice.

He provides some light hearted banter and plays the adjudicator role between Spud and Bung very well.

To be honest Whately is the bloke who is surplus to requirements on this show, he gets to be all serious and do mock laughter with that fat bald guy on 360.

Seriously people if you don't like it tune out. IMO Flem adds a different perspective to the show, he shows no allegiance to the ex-footballers club nor he a journo only interested in the sound of his own voice.

"If you don't like it tune out."

It's a wonder any thread on this board gets past two posts. We can just tune out! We don't need to leave the show on. We can even apply this rule to our footy clubs. Just stop watching them, if you don't like what you're seeing...too easy.

This board is for football fans to applaud and complain about stuff in the footy media. If you don't like the content, there's plenty of other boards (see what I did there?).

To be honest Whately is the bloke who is surplus to requirements on this show, he gets to be all serious and do mock laughter with that fat bald guy on 360.

Now, let me ask you: What exactly is the difference between this and the thoughts about Fleming on this thread, apart from the fact that you happen to agree with the criticism of Whateley (suprisingly enough)?

"If you don't like it tune out."

It's a wonder any thread on this board gets past two posts. We can just tune out! We don't need to leave the show on. We can even apply this rule to our footy clubs. Just stop watching them, if you don't like what you're seeing...too easy.

This board is for football fans to applaud and complain about stuff in the footy media. If you don't like the content, there's plenty of other boards (see what I did there?).

Now, let me ask you: What exactly is the difference between this and the thoughts about Fleming on this thread, apart from the fact that you happen to agree with the criticism of Whateley (suprisingly enough)?

The point I'm trying to make Creampie is that there are a load of other footy shows you can watch if this one doesn't tickle your funny bone. I happen to like this one so I will defend it.

I wasn't critical of Whateley moreso that he is better suited to his own show - 360 and not adding any value in his current capacity on the lighter After the Bounce show.

It's the best footy show on tv easily. Flem makes some good jokes and has enough knowledge of the game to talk about the current topics of footy with the panel. Whately adds the serious side which is needed. Its a great show, i tune in every week and gives a good end to the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back