The state of AFL media in 2023 (by one of them!)

Remove this Banner Ad

My problem with the media is that it exists in its own echo chamber.
They come up with a theory, then they quote it, and before you know it that theory is "the truth" despite plenty of evidence that says otherwise.

Then you've got the masses of sheep that consume the media and are incapable of forming their own opinion, which in turn just ruins the game because they become part of the echo
Yep.

And there's an arrogance about it too - especially with MRP, where I often feel there is pressure for the MRP to match what the media have already said should be the outcome.

Oh for the days when they weren't even allowed to replay the incident lest it affect the outcome.

Yep.

And there's an arrogance about it too - especially with MRP, where I often feel there is pressure for the MRP to match what the media have already said should be the outcome.

Oh for the days when they weren't even allowed to replay the incident lest it affect the outcome.
just as bad when you get the coach/team-mate trying to put in the "not-guilty" verdict before the case has been held (or the MRP has announced the outcome of the game review).

oh for the days for a controversial incident where there is a "no comment".

Yep.

Same in academia, for instance the same guys will reference each other on any particular topic. Take climate change, a will reference b, who will reference c, who will reference a and so it goes on and on.

Hi Rohan, appreciate your interest and interaction with the general BF community.

I would love to hear thoughts on the non-disparagement clauses that are look to be turning AFL accredited media into a mass of apologists.

As a parallel, the current saga re Mitchell Johnson v David Warner and Cricket Australia's treatment of Johnson since is a public example of what I suspect is happening behind closed doors in the AFL environment with some regularity.

Good thread Roco . Fox Footy journo's are all about content and just rehash the same stories though the socials.
Then you have ones like Tim Michell who was a local reporter who was terrible what he did , then he gets a better gig and all of a sudden is a supercoach expert then a BBL fantasy expert

Remove this Banner Ad

Back