Moved Thread Media outlets and commentators that are against your team

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Barrett's hate of Bevo is the most obvious hate of any journo. So, by association he hates the dogs having any success.
Barrett hates Bevo, but he is not the only one.

He does give credit to us at times, and he has raved about the Bont this year.

The commentators who hates us the most is Gary Lyon, Caro despises us, she thinks it’s still the VFL.

Best comments is Richo, you wouldn’t know he played for the Tigers he is so neutral.

I was going to add carrot farmer Sumich but I’ve got a budding suspicion he just hates Ross Lyon and doesn’t rate JL because he’s salty about the job, more so than disliking the club.
I reckon all those reasons conflate into each other for oldmate howso.

The one I don't get is Matthew Pavlich. I thought "finally, someone on our side" when he entered the media, but although he isn't against us he doesn't want to be seen as pro-Freo so goes too far the other way sometimes.

I reckon all those reasons conflate into each other for oldmate howso.

The one I don't get is Matthew Pavlich. I thought "finally, someone on our side" when he entered the media, but although he isn't against us he doesn't want to be seen as pro-Freo so goes too far the other way sometimes.
Old mate How So! 😂

1683854784836.jpeg

Hates us: Kane Cornes, Lyon, Whately and Healy

Loves us: David King

Richo seems so consumed with trying to be seen as non-biased that he seems to go the other way during the commentary.

Damien Barrett: After reading some of the things he has written and some of the takes he makes causes me think he doesn't actually like the football and more cares about raising his own profile.

Damien Barrett: After reading some of the things he has written and some of the takes he makes causes me think he doesn't actually like the football and more cares about raising his own profile.
That's a very good call, I honestly don't think he ever played at any level either, has zero understanding of the game.

That's a very good call, I honestly don't think he ever played at any level either, has zero understanding of the game.
According to old Triple M stuff, he did play at lower levels but not too sure what age and what level.

That said though he is like Caro, doesn't like the AFL just wants to be able to flex on other journalists by saying they broke some story or bullied some club into making a change. They both act like their David Frost exposing some major conspiracy when they are more like that little fish great whites allow to hang around

Johnsons hate of us is such a weird one. Something must have happened on the field or off it with someone from the club. Most of his career we were s**t and while we've both had some good runs in recent years we've never been up at the same time as the Dogs. The constantly tipping against us 2017-2020 was funny though.

That twig Whateley always seemed against us but in hindsight I think that's more him being so overly pro Geelong who happened to be a rival for a few years more than directly hating us over any other club not named Geelong.

The obvious is Barrett. Daisy Pearce is another who just hates seeing the Dogs do anything well. She’s usually a decent commentator, but she practically sulks any time the Dogs score a goal in our games when commentating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back