MMA-UFC Dana White:ufc worth 3.5bil

Remove this Banner Ad

Dana White recently said in an interview with a financial news paper that the ufc "could be worth 3.5 billions dollas, some might say more".
now that figure while I've seen debated is as an exaduration, considering projected growth it easily could be realistic. if it is worth that surely an increase to minimum pay and an increase right up until the superstars is needed and deserved by the fighters.

IMO without knowing the real operating numbers it's hard to know what the fighters are really worth, and until they form a fighters union or association of sorts that would have to be driven by high profile current and former fighters

not going to happen anytime soon!

Last edited:
Something to note is that nobody really knows exactly what the fighters get. The reported payouts are something but there's non-disclosed bonuses that obviously aren't included.

I suppose someone who's on the current lowest amount of reported pay, which I believe is currently $8,000 to show and a further $8,000 as a win bonus, won't be getting any additional bonuses (disclosed or non-disclosed) unless they put on a terrific performance. To me $8,000 for a fighter doesn't sound equitable if we're to go with Dana White's $3.5 billion worth.

I don't see how the value of a company comes into play when talking about fighter pay.

Rather than overall increases in pay, I'd like to see the top 5 guys get paid less and for that money to go to the up and comers/new fighters.

Something to note is that nobody really knows exactly what the fighters get. The reported payouts are something but there's non-disclosed bonuses that obviously aren't included.

I suppose someone who's on the current lowest amount of reported pay, which I believe is currently $8,000 to show and a further $8,000 as a win bonus, won't be getting any additional bonuses (disclosed or non-disclosed) unless they put on a terrific performance. To me $8,000 for a fighter doesn't sound equitable if we're to go with Dana White's $3.5 billion worth.

it's pretty well known that the low paid guys don't get bonuses or extra money, what uncle Dana applies as a broad statement of we don't tell u what they make is for medium to top level talent with ppv points ect. there are obviously other opportunitys to earn money due to being a fighter in the ufc..

I don't see how the value of a company comes into play when talking about fighter pay.

Rather than overall increases in pay, I'd like to see the top 5 guys get paid less and for that money to go to the up and comers/new fighters.
it doesn't really.. but the fact that the ufc hasn't increased the minimum pay in a long time.. at least since 2005 to my knowledge, which was also a time when the ufc was on the verge of being sold and opperating at a loss added in the fact not long before then the fetittas bought it for 2 mil.. it's pretty clear that a fair collective bargaining agreement needs to be put In place... 50 to 55% isn't neccessary but I highly dout they are getting 30% atm

Makes you wonder why people get into the MMA, I mean boxing pays more

There really does need to be something done by way of a CBA to look out for those who do get paid the 8K salaries and who may end up as an unfortunate victim of circumstance, be it injuries or even - if their opponent is injured and they can't find a replacement etc. Not saying that happens often but i'm just reiterating the point that their salaries are anything but stable.

We've all read stories of lower and even mid-tier fighters who have experienced long term injuries and how that puts a strain on living conditions for not only them but their families, struggling to feed, clothe and keep a roof over their heads by paying their bills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back