Roast Daniel Chick has his say - Get better Smothered06 : Refer p45

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd put the scarf on because he was forced to by the Footy show. There was no other Eagle or Ex-Eagle at the show to usher in the cup. Even when they threw up a picture of his son, Judd said "he supports Nic Nat", not "he supports the Eagles". He is a Carlton man through an through.
Well that's a bit disappointing... Was thinking that he'd at least have a soft spot for our team.

Judd put the scarf on because he was forced to by the Footy show. There was no other Eagle or Ex-Eagle at the show to usher in the cup. Even when they threw up a picture of his son, Judd said "he supports Nic Nat", not "he supports the Eagles". He is a Carlton man through an through. But having said that I acknowledge his contribution in the 2006 win.
Gee, that's stiff. He spoke well about the club and said that his heart says WCE to win, head says Hawks. That Nic Nat line regarding his son was classic and wasn't demeaning to us in any way.

I'm really concerned about chick and how he will play tomorrow clearly his conditioning has dropped away and the games has changed too so where to place him is a big concern

Bahhhhhhhhhhhh................the way people are giving this oxygen it's like he's actually playing for us tomorrow

The boys won't be distracted by it ...lets leave that to big footy posters

The 'telling of the story' is not the problem Rita at all, its the timing. * off.

I think some of Daniels claims are legitimate and he was dropped like a hot potato in 2007, but there is a time and place, grand final week is not it Rita. * off.

If Chick has a legitimate issue with West Coast, that's one thing.
But to do it on Grand Final week is very low, especially considering the current group of players and coaches have nothing to do with 2006.
To rat out your mates, is even lower.

Bit rich for someone working for Rupert Murdoch to make out like they're interested in doing the right thing. Phone hacking scandal anyone?

But no, nobody dares challenge the might and power of the West Coast Eagles!

haha prednisone...about as performance enhancing as a leg amputation especially in the long run..for anyone who doesnt know much about it just type cushings syndrome into google images and tell me if those people look like athletes. I knew some footballers were dumb but really prednisone???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton said Chick felt he was encouraged to play through damaging bouts of asthma, a disease which killed Chick's brother.

"I've seen the pictures of his throat and honestly it's like somebody put his throat in the vice and started hitting it, squeezing the vice and hammering it," Brereton said.

Oh yeah Asthma, the condition that affects the airways in the Lungs with the muscles around the airways forcing them to contract. Another Hawfs stooge out trying to pile on more dirt. GAGF you dickhead.

Former Hawk Nathan Thompson has started getting into Rita on Twitter. Cant transfer them here but he has accused her of grooming Chick for 18 months to get this story and using him to help her career. Says she is taking advantage of a damaged person for personal gain.

Rita has responded by calling him sexist.

Firstly Chicky didn't go to HS two days before the grand final, HS just decided to run with a story that they've been sitting on for over two years and finally decided the time was right (for them) to maximize publicity..........

Chicky isn't lying, so for those of you that are getting upset and see it as an attack on the club, realize that it actually happened.

Chicky doesn't want to get back at the club, he just wants people to know that Nisbett has a lot to answer for.

Chicky has had a pretty rough time since finishing AFL with addiction & depression amongst others (including trying to take his own life)........ He's only in the last 3 - 4 months got his life back on track coming back to Australia with a job, a girlfriend, and he now gets to spend time with his young daughter Oceanna (usually at west coast games) of whom he hardly got to see before this.

Mentally he is in a much better state than he has been, and whilst he looks to have packed it on, you should have seen him 6 - 12 months ago, rekon he's lost a good 10 - 15kg and is benching/deadlifting more than he was in his playing days.

Timing is s**t yes, Chicky also needs to also learn when to accept the blame but there is no doubt that the club turned a blind eye and in turn the situation and culture escalated.

He's still a human being, who once had it good, then had it tough, and is now trying to get back on track.

Don't stoop to the levels of internet trolls who come on here from behind a keyboard to slate someone. Be bigger than that.

Chicky was just as excited as all of you for West Coast to make the finals, and I'm personally hoping you guys get up.

Enjoy

No he wasn't stated publicly he was going for the Hawks just the other day. He's a man filled with bitter hatred towards the club, who tells himself its West Coasts fault for his life being s**t, and takes no responsibility himself. Bloody hilarious to suggest he isn't lying when people caught right in the thick of drug culture like Juddy, Embley refuting these claims along with Langdon calling him a "bigger moron than Kerr" and an outright liar.

No doubt. The more I think about whats happened in the last 24 hours, the more I think that was this flights, accom and a ticket to the GF is his recompense from the Herald Sun for the scoop.

Because of the total amount of games he played he gets a ticket every year to the GF, not via HS.....

Firstly Chicky didn't go to HS two days before the grand final, HS just decided to run with a story that they've been sitting on for over two years and finally decided the time was right (for them) to maximize publicity..........
I have a lot of time for your post, and you are obviously connected to the man so thanks for having the bravery of coming on here to have your say but.....
Chicky isn't lying, so for those of you that are getting upset and see it as an attack on the club, realize that it actually happened.
I take issue with this.

Which part is fact?

The part where he accused others of abusing asthma medication outside of guidelines that have since been strongly refuted?

Or the part where he accused others of using drugs that are not banned and would offer * all benefit?

Yes, there was a disturbing culture of illicit drug use at the club during this period that everyone is aware of. Chick was a central figure in that, and the other players are well known (none of whom are still there). The club worked through this for 5+ years, and is probably the only club in history to sacrifice on-field results in the aim of fixing a broken off-field culture. None of this is new.

So the actual question is why now? And why did the Hun not put these "fresh" allegations to the club.

It stinks. They've take advantage of Chick and he should be furious at that Crapshit of a paper for how they have used him.

Chicky doesn't want to get back at the club, he just wants people to know that Nisbett has a lot to answer for.

Chicky has had a pretty rough time since finishing AFL with addiction & depression amongst others (including trying to take his own life)........ He's only in the last 3 - 4 months got his life back on track coming back to Australia with a job, a girlfriend, and he now gets to spend time with his young daughter Oceanna (usually at west coast games) of whom he hardly got to see before this.

Mentally he is in a much better state than he has been, and whilst he looks to have packed it on, you should have seen him 6 - 12 months ago, rekon he's lost a good 10 - 15kg and is benching/deadlifting more than he was in his playing days.

Timing is s**t yes, Chicky also needs to also learn when to accept the blame but there is no doubt that the club turned a blind eye and in turn the situation and culture escalated.

He's still a human being, who once had it good, then had it tough, and is now trying to get back on track.

Don't stoop to the levels of internet trolls who come on here from behind a keyboard to slate someone. Be bigger than that.

Chicky was just as excited as all of you for West Coast to make the finals, and I'm personally hoping you guys get up.

Enjoy
Still a s**t article as is the timing.

Chick had the chance to distance himself from the article but choose not to do so and as such supports the timing.

Actually happened?
Not the story coming from team mates from that era.

What ever way you look at it the article was run to create maximum hurt towards a group of young players that were not even involved in that era.

There is plenty of help out there these days, especially through the AFLPA. Get help.
Crying to journalists with no ethics doesn't help anyone especially Chick who is portrayed as a bitter ex player set on revenge and is now hated by the entire WCE cumminity. It didn't have to be that way

He's been to at least 5 - 6 eagles games this year and has been publicly seen cheering them on...........he has said numerous times he was excited for a WCE vs Hawthorn final.

He has hatred towards Nisbett and the management at the time, not the WCE in general.

He's personally told me he hates West Coast and wishes he never played for us.