Roast Daniel Chick has his say - Get better Smothered06 : Refer p45

Remove this Banner Ad

That's too simplistic a view to think you can just clean up the drug problem in certain people's lives. They have to want to be helped and I'm not sure Bennell is in that category.

The guys another Garlett in my mind. Whomever gets him will probably lose out on a player in the end.

You think it's good for the club if he drops dead?

That's more on him than the club. It's not up to the club to make sure our past players are living a clean and healthy life.

That's more on him than the club. It's not up to the club to make sure our past players are living a clean and healthy life.
The club definitely failed in its duty of care while he was there. But more than that, football is a million-dollar business in which image is important. If solely from a PR point of view, they should at least try to help him. Otherwise, be prepared to cop the barbs that come our way if something bad happens.

The club definitely failed in its duty of care while he was there. But more than that, football is a million-dollar business in which image is important. If solely from a PR point of view, they should at least try to help him. Otherwise, be prepared to cop the barbs that come our way if something bad happens.

He has his own duty of care that he clearly failed. If anything the duty of care now would lay with the AFLPA and not the Eagles because he is an ex player and has been for a while now.

As far as the bard goes who gives a *? It won't effect the club in anyway, we went through an extensive clean up, anything that comes after that is just pot shots.

He has his own duty of care that he clearly failed. If anything the duty of care now would lay with the AFLPA and not the Eagles because he is an ex player and has been for a while now.

As far as the bard goes who gives a ****? It won't effect the club in anyway, we went through an extensive clean up, anything that comes after that is just pot shots.
You say that, but look how many people are saying the Hun article had an effect. I don't believe it, but obviously articles like this still sting supporters and the club.

You say that, but look how many people are saying the Hun article had an effect. I don't believe it, but obviously articles like this still sting supporters and the club.

That's just people having an opinion, none of that is coming from the club, in fact it's the opposite.

Fans will always look for an excuse.

The club didnt fail. Chick did. Hes a grown man who makes his own decisions. ****in get real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the GF is over, where's all the hoo-haa about this now? Is the AFL going to pursue this further?

I don't understand why there was such a media s**t storm over this, Dean Cox spoke out about the drug use by certain elements of the club back in 2014, why has this been dragged up again? And why is Chick being torched by West Coast fans when Cox seemed to just slide under the radar? Or did Cox cop a hammering at the time as well? I can't recall. Not here to stir the pot by the way, respect your club, deserved to be in the grand final and the end result didn't reflect the quality of your side.

I don't understand why there was such a media s**t storm over this, Dean Cox spoke out about the drug use by certain elements of the club back in 2014, why has this been dragged up again? And why is Chick being torched by West Coast fans when Cox seemed to just slide under the radar? Or did Cox cop a hammering at the time as well? I can't recall. Not here to stir the pot by the way, respect your club, deserved to be in the grand final and the end result didn't reflect the quality of your side.
Because Chick claimed that we took drugs to improve our game (compared to just taking rec drugs once in a while) and it was GF week.