Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2007
FORWARD POCKET
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
THE BIG SOUND WEST OF THE TOWN!
Look I'm not one to jump the gun over things i hear but i did find this very interesting
I was at a mates place a few weeks back who was telling me that Dan is looking at chasing money down in Melbourne at the years end...i don't know when his contract is till but i found that interesting as he's putting in no effort and there are all these off field rumours that he's having just a little too much "FUN"

I also heard that he's recently broken up with his Girl friend as well...maybe she didn't like his partying ways

Like i said all just a rumour but could be a reason as to why he's not the player he used to be

Problem is even in Melbourne in the Hawthorn/Camberwell area he is known from his school days as a wild child who liked a drink. Its no secret down here in the area. Now the media have got hold of it.

Hypothetically, if he does leave at the end of the year, what do we get for him? We are in the box seat as he is still contracted. Top 10 pick?

Hypothetically a high 1st Round at the very least. But thats getting ahead of ourselves. He has to ask to leave and then nominate a club or two for us to work with knowing he is contracted. Wouldn't be easy unless willing to go to a Melbourne/St Kilda

I think this was mentioned a couple of weeks ago when people were talking about his friendship with Buddy as he had gotten ahead of himself after the 2012 grand final and maybe hasn't been putting in the effort that he should be.

More interested in the Jack rumours tbh. Not surprised by anything around Tippo/Buddy/Hanners, but I'd assumed Jack to be the centre of the team for the next 5 years or so. Is the chat meant to be that he's playing up, or that he's cracked the shits with the club?

Last edited:
Hypothetically a high 1st Round at the very least. But thats getting ahead of ourselves. He has to ask to leave and then nominate a club or two for us to work with knowing he is contracted. Wouldn't be easy unless willing to go to a Melbourne/St Kilda

I'm sure Roosy would love to have him. And they could have picks 1,2,3 in this years draft.

Is anyone else surprised at Hanners party boy reputation? Always struck me as bit of a social gimp. Didn't the players nickname him "no game"?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More interested in the Jack rumours tbh. Not surprised by anything around Tippo/Buddy/Franklin, but I'd assumed Jack to be the centre of the team for the next 5 years or so. Is the chat meant to be that he's playing up, or that he's cracked the shits with the club?

It did strike me as a bit of a slap to the face to let one "co-captain" in on the Buddy deal and ask for his input without consulting the other. Whether that's what this is about is anyone's guess though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hanners will do himself no favours by playing half arsed.

It is bad enough to read the 'rumour' crap from opposition camps, a Swans fans getting in on the 'he said, she said' is ....

Soph wouldn't have posted the thread unless there was something to it. It MAY not be true, but that's why it's called a rumour thread. You don't have to buy into it if you don't want to.

Yup like i posted its a rumour i heard...found it interesting...if you can hack it don't read it or post but I'm happy to read ur opinion at the same time The KJ rumour i heard was just about him maybe moving to melbourne to another team for $$$ but i brushed that one pretty fast...hes a pretty big NSW boy...family & friends up here would be a big move i guess

Hannas will come good. Please don't take this personally but rumourmongering never will.

Also where did the K.Jack rumour come from?

If there are players who are unahappy at the club Longmore should say to the entire playing group "anyone who wants to go to a different club stand up now. We will trade you at the end of the year and there will be no hard feelings".

You can tell Dan is passionate about the club ala 2012 GF and last year v Pies when he kicked a goal and grabbed his jumper , also he is the hardest worker on the track so to me when its time to knuckle down he does ala still winning 3k time trails and I seen him and the way he trains.
Dan to me is a massive groupie Tippett comes he bums Buddy comes he bums and probably gets caught up in all hype a little to much but I just cant see what good it would do him just running around not giving a stuff regardless if he wants to return home and if he does want to return home well that's he choice and not we as supporters can control.
Whats the Tippett one Soph if ya don't mind me asking ? geez at this rate if Tippett , Hannebery wants out and we finish down the bottom talk about draft picks and what we could get with Tippetts money as he is out of contract at years end

Single players always cop a bit of a reputation, just needs to find someone and settle down. We have a pretty good network with our 'Stepford wives' who hook up single out of towners with locals, tends to do a reasonable job with keeping them close to the nest and stop the excessive partying.

Nothing is as good a buzzkill as the ball and chain. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back