Daniel Jackson creating fractures at Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather we play White as a tagger than Jackson's slow paced poor efforts. Helbig when matchfit straight in for mine.

tumblr_lffdv0bojc1qcqljxo1_500.gif

Rumour has it that Daniel Jackson is causing fractures with his outspoken nature within the playing group and through social media. He called the Richmond playing group into a huddle a few weeks ago and the younger brigade were listening to him, but a few of the older players turned away and basically couldn't give a rats what he said.

Also, Damien Hardwick's stance on oh being "hard" on players has also been questioned with him taking a relatively soft stance on the playing group.

Seems like a few issues at the Tigers are brewing and wouldn't surprise me if they lost their last 5 remaining games.

Were you surprised that despite the jackson 'fractures' or as they've become know the jacktures, the tiges were able to get over the top of the lions? Did you see any evidence of these jacktures during the game. I thought I saw cotch give jackson a funny look in the third quarter. Were you happy with the hardness of coach hardwick's stance? What did you make of his gait? Was it firm enough?

Hird's shown glimpses. Give him a few years. At least he's not creating friction with all the star players. Much better than Knights was, IMHO
Thread is more than a year old and Jackson is still playing every week. He must be causing massive ructions internally. :rolleyes:

Knights had a testy relationship with senior players who were being encouraged to move on and let the young brigade come through. He did the club's dirty work and cleared the way for Hird imho... will never get the credit he deserves from Bombers fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread is more than a year old and Jackson is still playing every week. He must be causing massive ructions internally. :rolleyes:

Knights had a testy relationship with senior players who were being encouraged to move on and let the young brigade come through. He did the club's dirty work and cleared the way for Hird imho... will never get the credit he deserves from Bombers fans.
The issue is he damned near cleared out the younger brigade as well.
Myers, Stanton, Jetta Ryder & obvs Houli were all 50/50 chances to walk out.
He did some good, and he made hard calls, no-one's ever taken that away from him.

The issue is he damned near cleared out the younger brigade as well.
Myers, Stanton, Jetta Ryder & obvs Houli were all 50/50 chances to walk out.
He did some good, and he made hard calls, no-one's ever taken that away from him.
So I know you're a poster who can engage in a discussion. Bombers fans never seemed to have any love for Houli, and he wasn't deemed to be a great loss. In my view you could have attracted decent players for Stanton and Jetta at the time, so would you have lost out if they'd been traded? I haven't seen enough of Myers to judge. Ryder would be the only player on that list that I would have had massive concerns about if I was a Bomber.

To your last point, there aren't too many Bombers fans who have a kind word to say about Knights. I see you as the exception to the rule :thumbsu:

So I know you're a poster who can engage in a discussion. Bombers fans never seemed to have any love for Houli, and he wasn't deemed to be a great loss. In my view you could have attracted decent players for Stanton and Jetta at the time, so would you have lost out if they'd been traded? I haven't seen enough of Myers to judge. Ryder would be the only player on that list that I would have had massive concerns about if I was a Bomber.
Stanton, yes, definitely we would've lost out.... still in our best 5-6, hands down.
Jetta, who knows. He hasn't been great 2nd half of this year, and not sure where he sits going forward, but remember he'd barely played that year - we would've got peanuts for him.
Dunno about Myers - again, can play a bit, hadn't played much to that point.
And they were mainly off-contract, so there's every chance they would've walked for nothing.

To your last point, there aren't too many Bombers fans who have a kind word to say about Knights. I see you as the exception to the rule :thumbsu:
Frankly I think that's rubbish.
Every time it's brought up (heeeere we go again) he gets kudos for what he did right, whenever anyone bothers to write more than a few lines. List, blooding, development etc. And rubbished for what he did wrong, and where the club was headed.

But it's like Frawley - last Richmond coach in however long to take them to finals - never a good word said about him. Surely he did some things right, despite getting most things wrong? But who really cares?

Stanton, yes, definitely we would've lost out.... still in our best 5-6, hands down.
Jetta, who knows. He hasn't been great 2nd half of this year, and not sure where he sits going forward, but remember he'd barely played that year - we would've got peanuts for him.
Dunno about Myers - again, can play a bit, hadn't played much to that point.
And they were mainly off-contract, so there's every chance they would've walked for nothing.
I'm not a Stanton knocker, but you might've picked up a Josh Kennedy type for him! Every club has players who are prepared to move on at the end of each season for greater opportunity.

Frankly I think that's rubbish.
Every time it's brought up (heeeere we go again) he gets kudos for what he did right, whenever anyone bothers to write more than a few lines. List, blooding, development etc. And rubbished for what he did wrong, and where the club was headed.

But it's like Frawley - last Richmond coach in however long to take them to finals - never a good word said about him. Surely he did some things right, despite getting most things wrong? But who really cares?
Fair enough. Maybe he gets credit on your board, but I don't see a lot of it on the MB and maybe it's because of the bolded bit. Frawley suffers for overseeing a period where our list didn't improve. We kept going backwards in terms of results and list structure.

I'm not a Stanton knocker, but you might've picked up a Josh Kennedy type for him! Every club has players who are prepared to move on at the end of each season for greater opportunity.
Have a look at the guys who were actually on the move that year... Veszpremi, Everitt, Collins, Grigg, Sherman, Simon Phillips... "meh"
Not one of them holds a candle to him.
Kennedy trades (guns for bargain prices) happen 5-6 times in a decade. Can't push guys out the door in the hope that happens.

Fair enough. Maybe he gets credit on your board, but I don't see a lot of it on the MB and maybe it's because of the bolded bit. Frawley suffers for overseeing a period where our list didn't improve. We kept going backwards in terms of results and list structure.
You'll tend to find, most people will make only one, at most a couple of genuine posts on the topic before the trolls set in - then it turns into "he was a gun" - "no he's not" etc, and the thread's done.

What he did at Richmond was the same as what Stan Alves did at St Kilda. He got some senior players noses out of joint because he wouldn't allow them to get away with the same crap they had before he got there, so the players went to their mates on the board and threatened to leave if they didn't get rid of the coach.

Richmond has had a massive cultural problem for decades and they need to finish the clean out at the club if they are to change it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back