News Daniel Kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

I would ask you the same question. Kerr has been a passenger for most games this season. There have been times where he's shown glimpses of brilliance getting the ball inside and distributing well but the amount of times this season he's gone missing is quite high. He is clearly underdone and quite obviously struggles to run between contests in games this year. In fact he and Priddis' reduced output this season has been a huge factor in why we can't generate quality clearances.

The fact that you haven't noticed this is quite dumb but the fact that you're actually being a tosser about it, trying to contradict it is a bit of a joke.

I restate, Kerr has on several occasions been our best mid. Often in key games and key moments if key games. It's what champions do. Even when hurt.

So we put him in WAFL for the purposes of running him back to fitness? Seriously? Kerr is either fit or he isn't, when fit he plays AFL.

The notion that a WAFL game or two will make Kerr fitter at this point in his career is genuinely stupid ....

I was being serious before. If you genuinely believe wasting Kerr at WAFL level is worthwhile you are clueless...

Completely ...

Feel free to disagree. But there's no doubt it's a stupid decision.

WTF? So the need for a player to build fitness in the WAFL depends solely on his reputation? You really do tend to talk s**t some times.

Yes. To some extent. You wouldn't run Judd back through WAFL. We didn't do it with Cousins.

I'd be ok with it if he'd been out half a season. But he hasn't. A run at WAFL level at this point of the season will have a meaningless effect on his fitness.

I think it's genuinely funny that you reckon I talk s**t. Unfortunately the board rules against calling people stupid, moronic arse clowns and similar prohibit me from an accurate description of the quality of your posts in this thread...

I restate, Kerr has on several occasions been our best mid. Often in key games and key moments if key games. It's what champions do. Even when hurt.

So we put him in WAFL for the purposes of running him back to fitness? Seriously? Kerr is either fit or he isn't, when fit he plays AFL.

The notion that a WAFL game or two will make Kerr fitter at this point in his career is genuinely stupid ....

I was being serious before. If you genuinely believe wasting Kerr at WAFL level is worthwhile you are clueless...

Completely ...

Feel free to disagree. But there's no doubt it's a stupid decision.

Kerr has barely been fit enough to run out full games at AFL level. Sure he's provided moments of brilliance, but so has Naitanui and they've both wandered in and out of games for most of the year. In fact Naitanui's impact this year has dwarfed Kerr's.

Playing with broken ribs would have affected his ability to run in the last 3 weeks or so. The MC decided he wasn't fit enough to run out a game at AFL level - but he was fit enough to run out a game at WAFL level. It was the next best thing. Your implication that the running/intensity required of a WAFL game is equal to that of an AFL game is wide of the mark, to say the least.

Yes. To some extent. You wouldn't run Judd back through WAFL. We didn't do it with Cousins.

I'd be ok with it if he'd been out half a season. But he hasn't. A run at WAFL level at this point of the season will have a meaningless effect on his fitness.

We didn't do it with Judd or Cousins because we were in the middle of a premiership cycle. Neither of them were as run down by injury as Kerr has been either. Or gone so long whilst clearly underdone.

I think it's genuinely funny that you reckon I talk s**t. Unfortunately the board rules against calling people stupid, moronic arse clowns and similar prohibit me from an accurate description of the quality of your posts in this thread...

More of the same, dull bullshit you dish out to every poster you disagree with.

Kerr has barely been fit enough to run out full games at AFL level. Sure he's provided moments of brilliance, but so has Naitanui and they've both wandered in and out of games for most of the year. In fact Naitanui's impact this year has dwarfed Kerr's.

Playing with broken ribs would have affected his ability to run in the last 3 weeks or so. The MC decided he wasn't fit enough to run out a game at AFL level - but he was fit enough to run out a game at WAFL level. It was the next best thing. Your implication that the running/intensity required of a WAFL game is equal to that of an AFL game is wide of the mark, to say the least.

We didn't do it with Judd or Cousins because we were in the middle of a premiership cycle. Neither of them were as run down by injury as Kerr has been either. Or gone so long whilst clearly underdone.

More of the same, dull bullshit you dish out to every poster you disagree with.

I tend to reserve it for people displaying abject idiocy in a particular thread...

Judd was way more run down in 2007 than Kerr is now and we actually ended up playing him at AFL level often as an almost permanent forward. He couldn't train during the week.

Kerr, at 30, is often going to have light weeks. He has been running for almost 2 weeks. He missed a maximum of 2 weeks. The ribs were neither here nor there, his primary issue is knees that aren't getting better... they need rest and he got that... Running on those legs at WAFL level causes the same issues as at AFL level.

Kerr has had slabs of the last 2 seasons where he has barely trained during the week and often has done very little running. Basing your argument almost entirely on his lack of running (2 weeks ago) is kinda dumb... fairly simple concept...

I'm unsure what your point re NN is, he's also carrying an injury that needs rest. Are you suggesting if we rested him for 2 or 3 games then brought him back he'd need a run at Swans to get his fitness up? Like we did earlier this year? Oh wait ....

Kerr has been a superstar and he's still decent and, at his best, our best mid. Our midfield currently sucks. Kerr is fit to play football. He knows how to get through an AFL game. He showed at WAFL level that he was both fit and a level or 3 above ....

We wasted one of the few games his body has left in it on a pointless WAFL exercise .....

But you keep hanging in their as chief apologist for Woosh & the MC ....

I tend to reserve it for people displaying abject idiocy in a particular thread...

No you don't. You've done it in virtually every post I've ever seen from you.

Judd was way more run down in 2007 than Kerr is now and we actually ended up playing him at AFL level often as an almost permanent forward. He couldn't train during the week.

And if we were at the pointy end of the season now trying to defend a premiership and being well and truly in a 'tilt', we may have been less cautious with Kerr.

Kerr, at 30, is often going to have light weeks. He has been running for almost 2 weeks. He missed a maximum of 2 weeks. The ribs were neither here nor there, his primary issue is knees that aren't getting better... they need rest and he got that... Running on those legs at WAFL level causes the same issues as at AFL level.

How is it neither here nor there when his ribs are the reason he missed games?

Kerr has had slabs of the last 2 seasons where he has barely trained during the week and often has done very little running. Basing your argument almost entirely on his lack of running (2 weeks ago) is kinda dumb... fairly simple concept...

I'll put it simply. Kerr has been at what I would rate as his worst level of fitness in the past two years. Missing weeks with injury and not running would only have detracted from this.

I'm unsure what your point re NN is, he's also carrying an injury that needs rest. Are you suggesting if we rested him for 2 or 3 games then brought him back he'd need a run at Swans to get his fitness up? Like we did earlier this year? Oh wait ....

Huh? No. Was simply emphasising that Kerr's output has been very hit and miss this season.

Kerr has been a superstar and he's still decent and, at his best, our best mid. Our midfield currently sucks. Kerr is fit to play football. He knows how to get through an AFL game. He showed at WAFL level that he was both fit and a level or 3 above ....

We wasted one of the few games his body has left in it on a pointless WAFL exercise .....

Weird way to look at it. First of all I wasn't suggesting that Kerr is no good - just that he is underdone. Secondly, I disagree with your 'fit to play football' notion. WAFL fit is not AFL fit, not sure why you seem to think it's all or nothing for him.

But you keep hanging in their as chief apologist for Woosh & the MC ....

Haha, hardly. But if so, for every one poster like me there's a dozen like you who chime in as hindsight-warriors and tell us all about how everything WC does is wrong and how stupid we all are.

But i thought he 'trained strongly' with shuey last week? Hence why we thought they would come back in the team.

Shuey is a lot fitter than Kerr.

Kerr really hasn't displayed much running power at AFL level this year, relying on his inside work to get the majority of his touches.

This is a bit of a non issue.

kerr of late has been a liability because of fitness. Injured he has been unable to train and with a poor pre season is struggling.

well done MC for showing sole leadership.
If we scrape into finals we will need a fit kerr, if not we need kerr fit to complete a preseason

The Sub role would have suited him to no end.

Something that the MC and Coach (utilisation of the Sub) have completely mismanaged this year. Disgraceful:thumbsdown:

so true. we let duds like waters walk straight back into the team after injury, and force our one proven champion midfielder to play WAFL despite having the legitimate option of playing him as a sub.

we've put the cue in the rack. no doubt about it. would be nice to secure a top 5 pick i suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast coach John Worsfold says that he needs more from veteran midfielder Daniel Kerr. Kerr was available for selection this week but didn't do enough at training during the week and played in the WAFL.

"Really his performances the previous couple of games he played for us he was struggling to play the footy we need him to play," Worsfold said yesterday in his press conference.

"While he does his good stoppage work other players are having to pick up the slack around the ground.

"So Daniel needs to be up and being able to run and play offensive and defensive footy as well as just be good at stoppages."

Kerr gathered 31 possessions in the WAFL for South Fremantle but was also reported and is no certainty to return to the team this Sunday against the Bulldogs.

- AFL.com.au

It's interesting that Kerr is played through the WAFL because he does not do enough around the ground and relies purely on his stoppage work to get a touch.

Is not this exactly what people say about Priddis?. And Kerr is obviously a far superior clearance player... yet is playing WAFL.

It's interesting that Kerr is played through the WAFL because he does not do enough around the ground and relies purely on his stoppage work to get a touch.

Is not this exactly what people say about Priddis?. And Kerr is obviously a far superior clearance player... yet is playing WAFL.

I think it highlights an issue a number have identified this year and that is we really can't play both of them at the same time in the middle cos we get burned going the other way.

Of course there are those of us who would argue that you'd pick Kerr in that sort of a situation. But after that puff piece on the club website this morning and after Woosh's comments I think our club has made the opposite choice.

WTF? So the need for a player to build fitness in the WAFL depends solely on his reputation? You really do tend to talk s**t some times.

Kerr will be better prepared in 2014. He still has got it...just had a lousy pre-season this yr and knee issues.....

Kerr will be better prepared in 2014. He still has got it...just had a lousy pre-season this yr and knee issues.....

Sorry to inform you but knees don't get better with age no matter how good your pre season is
Kerry has had 4 -5 cartilage ops , hes basically got SHOT knees.
Ive had 3 cartilage ops over the years on both knees, it gets to a point where there is nothing left, you cant keep trimming cartilage, eventually YOU RUN OUT, and you've got bone on bone.......lots of PAIN!
Next year aint going to get any better for him,so its time to plan for the future without him .
Youth is the way to go now, our old boys just don't cut it at this level anymore, we just have to accept it.

I think it highlights an issue a number have identified this year and that is we really can't play both of them at the same time in the middle cos we get burned going the other way.

Of course there are those of us who would argue that you'd pick Kerr in that sort of a situation. But after that puff piece on the club website this morning and after Woosh's comments I think our club has made the opposite choice.

Why would they go with Kerr? Priddis is extremely durable, younger and while he's less of a game breaker he's more reliable. I'm at the stage where i really don't care if Kerr plays on in 2014.

Why would they go with Kerr? Priddis is extremely durable, younger and while he's less of a game breaker he's more reliable. I'm at the stage where i really don't care if Kerr plays on in 2014.

And let's be honest, if we're being realistic, the answer to this Kerr vs. Priddis argument is neither fits our needs going forward and we need to be looking at drafting that person in the upcoming draft.

Woosha & MC rolled the dice with a ASelwood, Kerr, Butler, Waters this year.

Someone has to take the fall for keeping 4 senior players on the list that haven't contributed anything.
Have they given us anything apart from one game here and there ( on HUGE money) has also prevented the young kids getting a game -

Its an absoulute disgrace , Its not bad luck, its BAD player management and
someone should be sacked for it, No other AFL team has been so badly managed this year.
Other BAD decisions -( just off the top of my head )

Flogging Nic Nat - hes been mis-managed for 2 years.
Shuey playing with a bad hamstring ( out for another 3-4 weeks)
Sinclare was dropped back to rookie list when Nic Nat clearly needed time in Wafl for fitness.
Waters is so injury prone - should of been given time at WAFL level to prove his reliability.
Keeping Wilson In WAFL ( comes in for 2 weeks ) This kid is the shinning light, needs game time.
Playing Brown(Spud) , when our back line is already too tall, just to ensure he stays or improves his trade value.( you cant play Brown, Macca , Glassy on the same line- too slow & go to ground too easy)
Gaff should of been sent to WAFL to get better , because clearly hes HEAD **cked ATM.

Just a small list, but im sure theres more stuff ups by the MC & Woosha this year,
Bad decisions end careers and break team harmony, exactly whats happened this year, whos
accountable for it ????????? anyone want to answer this one please......................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back