Injury Daniel Menzel - Ankle ligament tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Menz said today he is still about three months away

@3AWisfootball 16m
Injured Geelong star Daniel Menzel tells us he is still about 3 months away from a return.

Also some sobering news for Troy
@3AWisfootball 15m
Injured Cat, Dan Menzel says his surgeon has found his knee is genetically "more inclined" to have ACL problems

:( That's bad news. We need to use a code word for Menzel- I feel sick every time this thread pops back up.Thanks for the update, though. It is good to know where he's at. I think we can probably write off 2014 for any forms of footy for the young chap.

:( That's bad news. We need to use a code word for Menzel- I feel sick every time this thread pops back up.Thanks for the update, though. It is good to know where he's at. I think we can probably write off 2014 for any forms of footy for the young chap.
I would like to see him next year. Forget this year. Even the year after.

If he has that weakness, then wait for his body to strengthen naturally with age. We see it all the time with lesser physical problems with certain players who are always injured, then one year all those probs go away and the rest of their career is relatively trouble free. Some get pushed to return all the time and they never get better.

Listening to Krock when Menzel is doing special comments it is obvious that the kid can really read the game. Maybe a career as a pundit is a possibility after football.

Made me miss the kid all over again as I had pushed him to the back of my mind.

Listening to Krock when Menzel is doing special comments it is obvious that the kid can really read the game. Maybe a career as a pundit is a possibility after football.

Made me miss the kid all over again as I had pushed him to the back of my mind.

I didn't even know he is a regular until you mentioned it. Will definitely be tuning in from now on.

Has given his views on our forward structure in recent weeks?

Not that I recall, bobby, but he is very good at picking things apart after a sequence of play in terms of how individual player and team tactics are causing the observed outcomes.

Apologies if that sounds like utter bollocks. The kid has insight, is what I am trying to say. He also offers tidbits of behind the scenes info.

Agreed. His input and analysis is very good and accurate. You can tell when something goes wrong and he's very clear about explaining why CS is doing his nanna in the box….

And he is right every time…..

Go Catters

I have a friggin heart attack every time this topic is at the top of the page.
Wouldn't worry about this thread.

It's a potential 'fifth ruptured ACL' thread which will scare the life out of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a potential 'fifth ruptured ACL' thread which will scare the life out of you.

PLEASE don't even mention that… Just reading it makes me ill…

Go Catters

Thank all that is good you guys don't like playing April Fool's jokes.

Says above, on 21 April, he's still 3 months away from a return.
Doesn't say return to what.

would that be similar to Christensen wherein the return date incorporates the time spent in the VFL so 3 months is a rough estimate date when he could be in the senior team making it about late July (rounds 18-20)?

would that be similar to Christensen wherein the return date incorporates the time spent in the VFL so 3 months is a rough estimate date when he could be in the senior team making it about late July (rounds 18-20)?

i thought his patella tendonitis had set him back a bit further than that bobby ( external to the ACL capsule issues i believe) and post mid year he would start VFL action….
happy to be corrected…

Go Catters

ah right, well, that would effectively rule him out for 2014 and I guess in a way, it's good news because I think recent studies are beginning to find a 2 year rehab process is a lot closer to what may be suitable for ACL injuries as opposed to the one year out of the game. This would ensure he does indeed get more than ample recovery time needed and hopefully lead to no complications down the road. He may be able to participate in a full pre season with all the boys for the first time in years and make a return start of 2015 :)

Not to mention, if he does return next season, he is still only 23 years of age...bloody young and has all those years ahead of him so best to be overly precautions even if he's ready to go later this year.

I have a friggin heart attack every time this topic is at the top of the page.
It's not too bad if it's been up and down on page 1 for a few days because you expect that people will continue to comment once it comes back onto page 1 but it's the first time it gets resurrected from page 4 of the GFC page that does my head in!!

Morabito is coming along very well at the moment so there's hope. He's playing well enough to belt people and get away with it in the ressies.

Maybe the umpires just think he's had enough time on the sidelines they don't want to give him any more. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back