Daniel Merrett

Remove this Banner Ad

coxy149

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There has been speculation he could be leaving the lions.
Where could he go and what is he worth?

Pick 45 at very best. Any club willing to give more than that is plain stupid.
I think his trade value is less than his value to the Lions, as he is contracted for two years. Brisbane will ask for a 2nd rounder, doubt they'll get it, I certainly wouldn't give up a 2nd rounder if I was a rival club, and therefore I think he'll stay. I think Patfull is more likely to move (hope he doesn't though)

Greater than him in age that's for sure. Ability, I'm not so sure

Frawley is more of the same as Thompson/Grima etc, they don't stop the gorillas.

Agree with the age thing, but North's window is soon or not at all.

I d
Frawley is more of the same as Thompson/Grima etc, they don't stop the gorillas.

i don't remember the last time Frawley was monstered by a 'gorilla' and that's saying something for a bloke playing in a terrible team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, as most Brisbane supporters seem to think they can get Beams on the cheap despite him being contracted...
Unlike Beams, Merrett has not requested a trade, and has two years to run. The reason I think Brisbane will be bullish in this instance is that he has more value to Brisbane than he has elsewhere. Which means Brisbane would ask a high price.

Beams has great currency wherever he goes, is contracted for just 1 more year, has requested a trade, and has requested it be with one specific club... but in saying that, I still think Collingwood will be fairly compensated

The only time someone kicked more than 3 on Frawley in the last 4 years I think is Josh Kennedy who he struggles on with Kennedy's speed and reach which is very hard to stop when he's getting pristine delivery.

I've never seen Franklin, Tippett, Riewoldt, Walker monster him. Hawkins threw him around a bit and kicked 3 on him in a 70 point win but Frawley had been playing forward for most of the year.

Once you get him in a good team and back playing full time in the backline Frawley wont get more than 2 or 3 on him rarely if ever. That's why Geelong, Hawthorn, Freo etc are all chasing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back