Dank D Day Meeting in Disarray!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a bit like charging a truck driver for speeding even though his speedo said he was travelling close to but under the speed limit because there are suspicions that his truck's speedo isn't always accurate. I mean there's no direct evidence that he was speeding but he can't prove that the speedo was 100% accurate all the time! .... and he'll be banned from working for 50% of the length of an average career!!!!

Nah.

Its more like a truck gets caught on a speed camera doing 30k over the limit dozens of times. But the dog ate the logbook that shows who was driving at the time.

Nah.

Its more like a truck gets caught on a speed camera doing 30k over the limit dozens of times. But the dog ate the logbook that shows who was driving at the time.
Nah,

it's like Essendon got caught using Thymosin Beta-4 et all on their players. It's more like that. Similar, at least.

Sure. The trial of a supplements guy at a professional club giving banned substances to the manager of the fitness program for what was probably his personal use will be getting everyone's attention. Though I spose some around the world will be interested to see if athletes who agreed to a program that was deemed to be within the rules by medical officials at their club but without any actual evidence find them guilty of doping because there was a chance that a supposed supplements expert duped them.

It's a bit like charging a truck driver for speeding even though his speedo said he was travelling close to but under the speed limit because there are suspicions that his truck's speedo isn't always accurate. I mean there's no direct evidence that he was speeding but he can't prove that the speedo was 100% accurate all the time! .... and he'll be banned from working for 50% of the length of an average career!!!!

Despite the most vitriolic in the media already moving on and everyone at the club 100% confident that no players have anything to worry about from ASADA you guys keep hanging on. It's kinda cute. Take you cues from Blackcat who clearly is inhaling similar gasses to the oracles of Delphi. Fact is next year Hird will be coaching Essendon, Thompson will be his mentor again, Reid will be club doctor, Essendon will be a top 4 likely and Vlad, Finnis and Gil will be gone from the AFL, ASADA will finally have it's act together after this embarrasment and massive staff turnover and the media will have moved on.

You guys can grasp to your conspiracy theories while you pile on the kilos sitting in front of this screen and you partners are looking for fitter lovers.

Who were the medical officials deeming things were within the rules, Dr Dank?

It seems that Dr Reid stated quite the opposite in his letter to Hird before being "convinced" otherwise, lack of evidence because of poor or negligent record keeping is not necessarily a sign of innocence.

With a such a lengthy waffle of a post like yours I would suggest you peel your expanding arse off the couch and check on your partner immediately.

I'm not laying blame with ASADA for the ADRVP not being able to sit and I know that are organisations independent of each other. However, they would have a fair idea of what's going on with each other given that they are both relatively small organisations and would have some ties even if they are informal.

My question is, do you think ASADA would have had any idea the ADRVP was about to lose half its panel due to contract expiry when they issued show cause to Dank.

I'm not laying blame with ASADA for the ADRVP not being able to sit and I know that are organisations independent of each other. However, they would have a fair idea of what's going on with each other given that they are both relatively small organisations and would have some ties even if they are informal.

My question is, do you think ASADA would have had any idea the ADRVP was about to lose half its panel due to contract expiry when they issued show cause to Dank.

yeah probably, though they don't have any power over how the ADRV functions.

they would have requested the ADRV convene at the next available opportunity (april 10th), and assumed the govt would have done what is necessary to facilitate that. i doubt they would have expected the minister to not appoint anyone by the 10th.

i assume it's all just some buocratic * up where everyone involved knew, but libs current hiring policies mean all contract renewals must jump through 1000 hoops.

The simple answer is that government doesn't give much of a s**t about timescale.

ASADA possibly doesn't give a s**t either, having had their utensils slammed in the door trying to meet an AFL desired timeline last year.

I'm thinking the members of the panel were appointed by the last government which of course means they are the enemy. It will take a bit of time for the minister to find a few liberal party mates to fill the positions. They won't have a clue but at least they will do as they are told and besides getting your mates snouts in the trough is what the game is about.

I'm thinking the members of the panel were appointed by the last government which of course means they are the enemy. It will take a bit of time for the minister to find a few liberal party mates to fill the positions. They won't have a clue but at least they will do as they are told and besides getting your mates snouts in the trough is what the game is about.

Yea,,, this is a worry. We could have Hanke and Martin Hardie on the panel. s**t!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The level of incompetence required to have four panel chairs empty at this time is hard to believe. Is it possible that the sudden departure of some panel members reflects a fundamental conflict of values between the departing panel members and their employer?

Explains why Andy D is stepping down, he is going to chair the panel;)

The level of incompetence required to have four panel chairs empty at this time is hard to believe. Is it possible that the sudden departure of some panel members reflects a fundamental conflict of values between the departing panel members and their employer?
It is not credible that it could be incompetence. It looks more and more like the whole process is being deliberately impeded and changes of personnel, throughout the process, are being engineered by the establishment to avoid world wide approbrium and the disgrace of Australian sport which would follow. The potential drug charges are so widespread and potentially condemning of people right up the chain that the people with the power may have decided that a cover up is fully appropriate in the interests of Australia.

There are just too many events now pointing in the direction I am suggesting. The inordinate length of time being taken, the AOD confusion (was it engineered by officialdom?), the lack of action against Jobe (elsewhere in the world he would have been automatically suspended), the appointment of a judge, the going of Aurora and AD, and now the scuppering of the panel. Dank has the evidence to expose all. Will anyone dare to push him into doing that?

It is not credible that it could be incompetence. It looks more and more like the whole process is being deliberately impeded and changes of personnel, throughout the process, are being engineered by the establishment to avoid world wide approbrium and the disgrace of Australian sport which would follow. The potential drug charges are so widespread and potentially condemning of people right up the chain that the people with the power may have decided that a cover up is fully appropriate in the interests of Australia.

There are just too many events now pointing in the direction I am suggesting. The inordinate length of time being taken, the AOD confusion (was it engineered by officialdom?), the lack of action against Jobe (elsewhere in the world he would have been automatically suspended), the appointment of a judge, the going of Aurora and AD, and now the scuppering of the panel. Dank has the evidence to expose all. Will anyone dare to push him into doing that?

100% yes or a show cause would not have been issued.

100% yes or a show cause would not have been issued.
The show cause may be a temporary unwelcome inconvenience to the establishment which is being managed by the scuppering of the panel and the appointment of new panel personnel and the replacement of the head of the body which issued the show cause. A fine issued by a police force cannot be enforced by a police force and Dank knows it.

The show cause may be a temporary unwelcome inconvenience to the establishment which is being managed by the scuppering of the panel and the appointment of new panel personnel and the replacement of the head of the body which issued the show cause. A fine issued by a police force cannot be enforced by a police force and Dank knows it.

I think you need to go have another choof of whatever it is you're smoking

One may fall under the spell of such a conspiracy theory, except for a few problems in the logic and fact.

Simple fact that Andruska's contract is up and she has retired.

Another little problem is that the panel was not set up just to review the Dank case. It is in place to review all cases -- with the indication that there were others for this meeting.

The logic of scuppering the panel would prevent disgrace to Australian sport is, at best, misplaced. Scuppering a panel and refusing to properly deal with a drugs in sport case would bring down far more disgrace and opprobrium.

Look at the mess of the Jamaican NADOS and the way WADA did step in to get some appreciation of how this works.

One may fall under the spell of such a conspiracy theory, except for a few problems in the logic and fact.

Simple fact that Andruska's contract is up and she has retired.
Coincidence or very convenient? It enables the minister to put in his own stooge.

Another little problem is that the panel was not set up just to review the Dank case. It is in place to review all cases -- with the indication that there were others for this meeting.
Sure, it's just a coincidence that this happened the very first time that panel were to be involved in this Essendon issue. Sure.
The logic of scuppering the panel would prevent disgrace to Australian sport is, at best, misplaced. Scuppering a panel and refusing to properly deal with a drugs in sport case would bring down far more disgrace and opprobrium.
Politics is a short term game with policy set for the current government term. ASADA have supposedly been investigating this case for more than two and a half years (that itself is suspicious) and the delay, which shows no sign of ending, has brought no international disgrace. There can be no particular point at which an international outcry can be expected as long as the process is seen to be continuing, which might be several more years. The revelation that the two major Australian sports were riddled with mass drug taking supported by the game's officials could simply be too hot for the establishment to handle. If Dank can't be persuaded to quietly take his punishment it will years before it gets fully exposed and resolved if he involves the courts. That might suit many people.
Look at the mess of the Jamaican NADOS and the way WADA did step in to get some appreciation of how this works.
Jamaica is a poor black country which is never going to get international opprobrium in the way that rich white Australia would get it.
WADA is not going to step in as long as the process is seen to be continuing. Maybe the Dank show cause was a sop in that direction which is now being managed in ways which delay resolution.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back