Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Holy s**t, guy on a pies board just dug this old article up.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...he-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497

This is the telling quote:

From his office at Skilled Stadium, Robinson, the club's strength and rehabilitation manager, is in almost daily contact with Sea Eagles' fitness consultant, Steve Dank.
"It is satisfying to have had a hand in both and Steve has also had a big input here, even though he is not on the payroll here and never has been," Robinson said.

"We discuss ideas and philosophies and a lot of them are common to both the Sea Eagles and the Cats."

Given that during this period there are a lot of question marks over Manlys use of supplements etc this is just not good!

Welcome to six months ago. o_O

Yep, this was pretty much a news story as soon as the issue broke and Robinson was found to be right in the middle of it. It's the first thing Geelong supporters were concerned about. The club told the AFL investigators to check whatever they liked with regards to the club and its sports science department. And we haven't heard anything about it since (besides a thread being created about it on Big Footy every couple of months).

Yep, old article.

ASADA went through the Cattery in '07 (and in subsequent years) when we started pumping teams. Nothing found. Selwood is on record saying they were not injected with anything. Here is hoping that not every single little thing that Dank has ever done has been illegal or prohibited. We also have a reputable administration.

Having said that, if this Essendon saga has had any effect on me it's that I'll only stop being cynical and uneasy about any club implicated -regardless of how flimsy the allegation - when the club in question has been investigated and confidently cleared. I have confidence and faith in the club, but I wish the investigation would end so they can hurry up and revisit Geelong and Gold Coast.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ge...fitness-programs/story-fnelctok-1226572047516

"The club's doctors, and not any sport science staff, directly determine all treatments and the use of all supplements by players."

So, if the letter from Bruce Reid (and message from Hird to Corcoran) that became public yesterday is legit, the complete opposite of what was going on at Essendon.

It has been alleged that Essendon players were asked to sign waivers, supposedly exonerating the club of wrongdoing in the taking of the mystery supplements.

Cook said nothing of the sort had ever taken place at Geelong.

"No player has ever been requested to sign a waiver or indemnity concerning supplements used," he said.

If Geelong were using PEDs then it would have just been a few gun players doing it on the side.

Essendon putting the entire list through a PED program and expecting not to be caught - LMFAO.

I don't know what to make of it, but I have heard Lingy state they didn't do anything out of the norm. No real supplements or anything. I think we would have heard something if anything untoward happened.

That's the attitude.
Remarkably similar to the approach everyone is taking with Essendon...........NOT!!!!

If LIngy said they didn't do anything out of the norm, well that's ok then.
But if Hirdy says that....

Holy s**t, guy on a pies board just dug this old article up.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...he-fitness-trend/story-e6frg7mx-1111114519497

This is the telling quote:

Given that during this period there are a lot of question marks over Manlys use of supplements etc this is just not good!

HOLY s**t!!!! Dig up an article from 6 months ago and make it appear a current article. I might just go and dig up the fact that Dank accused Collingwood of taking HGH, then start a new thread on it as if it is breaking news................

What a waste of bandwidth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice try Bombres the old everyone else is doing it!!!!!!!

Apart from Robinson working there what else did Geelong do? Purchase heaps of dubious substances? Inject players with random things that no one seems to know what they are?

I mean you cause your imagination and believe if that makes you sleep easier at night I guess

Yep, this was pretty much a news story as soon as the issue broke and Robinson was found to be right in the middle of it. It's the first thing Geelong supporters were concerned about. The club told the AFL investigators to check whatever they liked with regards to the club and its sports science department. And we haven't heard anything about it since (besides a thread being created about it on Big Footy every couple of months).

And why did we not hear anything about it since?
Did the AFL obtain phone records from all the parties involved in fitness at Geelong?
Did they spend 6 months questioning everyone who might have an axe to grind, and believe every word they said as if it were gospel?

You bet your Nellie they didn't.

That's the attitude.
Remarkably similar to the approach everyone is taking with Essendon...........NOT!!!!

You're right. I'll just go and ask Lingy about the Mexican drugs he kept in an off site hyperbaric chamber and how he convinced the ACC there was nothing suss while the club fired, suspended or accepted resignations of five major staff members working at the Cats through 07-10 :rolleyes:

Did the AFL obtain phone records from all the parties involved in fitness at Geelong?
Did they spend 6 months questioning everyone who might have an axe to grind, and believe every word they said as if it were gospel?

Because nothing happened.

Your as mentally unhinged with your coach if you think a whole fictitious case has been made against your club.

Why would the AFL just attack Essendon when AD was good mates with Evans?

Your club are not victims, you in time will realise this.

That's the attitude.

Ok your twisting my meaning. I probably didn't write that well. I will start again.

What I was trying to get at is there is no rumours, no anonymous people coming forward, no ex players of Geelong coming forward to enquiry what Dean Robinson gave him etc.

Ever heard the phrase - Where there is smoke there is fire! Essendon are a raging out of control bushfire!, Geelong are a wet winters day!

Nothing at all is emanating out of Geelong other then Dean Robinson was there and talked to dank. That's it. If something was wrong we would hear rumour and innuendo. Without Dank it maybe possible Dean didn't have the resources at his disposal to conduct the type of Essendon style program he wanted. I am not clearing Geelong, my mind remains open. That information might be investigated once Essendon are finished with.

That's the attitude.

Pony up the text messages, invoices, non disclosure forms for dodgy gear, and player admissions and we'll have a valid comparison.

Why would they do that?

I'm sure there must be some sort of outlandish reason for that somewhere... I think there is another investigation with actual grounds behind it going on. I'm sure I've heard of it somewhere...

Could you show any evidence against Essendon in February, before the investigation began?
Logic is not your strong point.

Nothing except the ACC had been monitoring what had been going on for quite a while.

Do you actually think they had nothing at all on Essendon and just told them to self report as a prank?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back