Darnos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

How is the ground looking plug? Will it be in a playable condition come sunday?

When I walked out my front door in Moe tonight I looked across the valley towards the footy ground and saw the biggest blackest rain clouds towards the west. They were right over the Rec Reserve area.

On arrival at training my suspicions were confirmed. The western end of the ground was flooded with a blocked drain and it was very greasy on the surface. The centre is a mud bucket and will be lots of fun come 2:15pm on Sunday.

One of the locals said we got about 2 inches of rain in 15 minutes with hail as well.

Oh, and we trained on it. And pretty well too. Hope it rains on Saturday.:D

When I walked out my front door in Moe tonight I looked across the valley towards the footy ground and saw the biggest blackest rain clouds towards the west. They were right over the Rec Reserve area.

On arrival at training my suspicions were confirmed. The western end of the ground was flooded with a blocked drain and it was very greasy on the surface. The centre is a mud bucket and will be lots of fun come 2:15pm on Sunday.

One of the locals said we got about 2 inches of rain in 15 minutes with hail as well.

Oh, and we trained on it. And pretty well too. Hope it rains on Saturday.:D

Any story that starts about walking out of ya house in Moe is always going to go nowhere.

Hopefully common sense prevails and sundays games are re-scheduled from Darnums stink pot.

I didnt know you were playing in the EDFL 10 years ago. In fact, after having "met" you 2 weeks ago, I would say that 10 years ago you were about 8 yrs old and wouldnt remember squat about how many hot meals a week you got, let alone what condition Darnum's ground was in. In fact, you would have been lucky to have been playing 5ths then, such was your age.

When you are still wet behind the ears, son, you shouldnt talk about things that you have no real memory of; but rather what other people have told you.

I will take that as a massive compliment plugger that you think i look so youthful, guess we must have found the fountain of youth at nyora! Thanks!

Have been playing senior or reserve footy since 1998 which is 10 years and played my first season in EDFL or (WDFL in those days in 1993), so thats 15 years of footy and been to every nyora game in that time!! I prob played at darnum well before you were there!! Think i have seen far more than ya think buddy. Darnum is a good ground when dry but terrible when wet, been like that for 15 years, hows that then!

The Darnum Ground is going to struggle to come up by Sunday. At the moment with the recent deluge of rain and drainage issues, the ground is under a fair amount of water. With more rain forecast between now and the weekend the chances are it will chop up pretty badly. The ground is one of the best surfaces in the league in summer and has had a lot of work done on it last summer - added topsoil, laser levelled, two sets of goals squared up, permenant water supply etc. It will have a soft lush green surface all year around - even in the middle of summer. What has not been done yet is the new drainage system put in place which will happen in the weeks after the elimination final. The current drainage system is not adequate and is currently blocked with the excessive rain.
There will be many more improvements to the playing surface over the summer to ensure the ground will be up to scratch in the future.

What I understan is why all finals are not played at Nar Nar Goon and Cora Lynn. Clearly the best two grounds in the comp. This is how the finals should look.

1st Elimination - Nar Nar Goon
2nd Elimination - Cora Lynn
2nd Semi - Nar Nar Goon
1st Semi - Cora Lynn
Preliminary - Nar Nar Goon
Grand Final - Cora Lynn

by the time the senior grand final comes around, cora lynn would have had 14 games on it in 3 weeks.

Yeah and those two would still be in better condition than any other ground with no traffic. I haven't seen the Cora Lynn ground in recent weeks but on past history I'm sure it will be great. I know for a fact the NNG ground is nearly perfect.

I will take that as a massive compliment plugger that you think i look so youthful, guess we must have found the fountain of youth at nyora! Thanks!

Have been playing senior or reserve footy since 1998 which is 10 years and played my first season in EDFL or (WDFL in those days in 1993), so thats 15 years of footy and been to every nyora game in that time!! I prob played at darnum well before you were there!! Think i have seen far more than ya think buddy. Darnum is a good ground when dry but terrible when wet, been like that for 15 years, hows that then!

Take it as a compliment then. I will stand corrected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope the game doesnt get moved, i wanna see a good slog fest!!!!!!

like i remember from the old days lol.

The game wont be moved.

The club has already gone to considerable expense organising toilets, caravans, food etc for the day.

The league would need to compensate for those losses in the first place even before they think about moving it to another ground and then hoping that club can mobilise it's forces in the space of 24 hrs or so.

Any story that starts about walking out of ya house in Moe is always going to go nowhere.

Hopefully common sense prevails and sundays games are re-scheduled from Darnums stink pot.

Its ok Johnnooo. Ill take my $200k home at 8% p.a. and continue to work only the one job whilst you:- a) live in your rental home in Camberwell, like all the wannabe yuppies in this world, because you will never ever afford to own anything more than a Hills Shed with 1 slat window and a second hand "welcome" door mat, or b) live in your $1m mansion whilst working 3 jobs to pay for the outrageously overpriced property you thought you got for a steal 4 years ago.

Dont worry about Moe, mate. Clean up your own back yard.

Its ok Johnnooo. Ill take my $200k home at 8% p.a. and continue to work only the one job whilst you:- a) live in your rental home in Camberwell, like all the wannabe yuppies in this world, because you will never ever afford to own anything more than a Hills Shed with 1 slat window and a second hand "welcome" door mat, or b) live in your $1m mansion whilst working 3 jobs to pay for the outrageously overpriced property you thought you got for a steal 4 years ago.

Gotta disagree with that one Plugger. That $1m overpriced property you speak of will probably be worth double in ten years whereas your joint in moe will still be worth 200k.

Actually lucifer the property market if f**ked. I wouldn't go investing too heavily in it at the moment.

The game wont be moved.

The club has already gone to considerable expense organising toilets, caravans, food etc for the day.

The league would need to compensate for those losses in the first place even before they think about moving it to another ground and then hoping that club can mobilise it's forces in the space of 24 hrs or so.
yes i know ive been busy at work making 600 odd burgers and even more snags. way to ruin my week NDFC

Your clutching at short straws mate to think anyone from Moe pulls in anything close to $200k legally.

And mate id rather be a wannabe yuppie from camberwell than have a kid swimming at the bottom of my local lake - nah good areas.

Get back on topic boys this is not about where people live but about how good or bad the darno's are/ were this year and getting the club in the right direction. Who really cares whether you live in moe or camberwell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back