Davis Cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great day for our Davis Cup squad. The hero of the day is Grothy for sure, that was a huge win. And Lleyton played well and deserved that, after all he has given to the DC team throughout his career. Was just a great day of tennis.

GB or France will both be difficult and we will be the underdog. I'm just hoping that Nick can get his body right in the next couple of months and have a good US hard court swing and get some confidence back.

Enjoy the beers tonight boys. Well done Masur on making the tough calls today as well.

If the French didnt fall for Andy Murray's foxing last night, then we might be playing at home.

Its not over yet - if someone somehow beats Murray. Maybe they'll play the attacking serve volleyer Mahut, whose in good singles form with a recent title on grass in Nottingham (I think?)

Is Gasquet injured? If he is fit to play, I'm very surprised he is not playing in this tie. He is the in form Frenchman on grass and is the only player in their squad that could challenge Andy tonight.

Yeah - back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking too far forward but we should be cheering on Argentina against Belgium in the other semi. We would get a home tie against Argentina, an away tie v. Belgium if we managed to get passed GB.
Obviously a lot of things need to go right but if this scenario came about I wonder where in Australia/surface we would go for?

Obviously a lot of things need to go right but if this scenario came about I wonder where in Australia/surface we would go for?
A final would surely be played at one of the bigger venues. So maybe RLA or MCA in Melbourne, Olympic Park in Sydney, Pat Rafter Arena in Brisbane or the new venue in Perth where they are playing the Hopman Cup.

Who wins Murray v Simon tonight? I reckon Murray in 4

Thats if they put Simon against Murray, which is likely still.

I reckon Murray in 3.

Saying that, I really like Simon's game. One of my favourite players. So level headed and patient. Feeds off the opponents pace and waits for an opportunity to attack. He's a very good, smart and under rated counter puncher that plays well outside his physical ability. But against Murray, he plays in a similar mould but at a whole level above in terms of physicality and return of serve.

Its funny how much of a mixed bag the French team are, especially if you add in Gasquet and the headcase that is Monfils. All completely different personalities and playing styles.

A final would surely be played at one of the bigger venues. So maybe RLA or MCA in Melbourne, Olympic Park in Sydney, Pat Rafter Arena in Brisbane or the new venue in Perth where they are playing the Hopman Cup.

The final in France last year drew something like 35,000. So if its anything like that...

If it was against the Argies 100% they would play on grass so then it would come down to who could provide the biggest venue with a grass court out of Melbourne and Sydney.

CKQc0s4UwAEmhdM.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back