DrTomSwift

Suzuki Swift
Dec 4, 2008
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Team Naitanui
Thought this definitely needs it's own thread as he has been amazing player for a long time and is now retiring at the end of the 2014 season.
339310-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

339307-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

The great man has done the right thing by himself and the club. A champion through and through ... good on you Dean. Correct call!
He has been a great servant of, not only the club, but football in general - a statesman of the game, and he won't he lost to us.
Gee .... there have been a lot of retirements lately. New days!

The great man has done the right thing by himself and the club. A champion through and through ... good on you Dean. Correct call!
He has been a great servant of, not only the club, but football in general - a statesman of the game, and he won't be lost to us.
Gee .... there have been a lot of retirements lately. New days!

One of West Coast's best, a true champion who redefined what it was to be a modern day ruckman. I cannot speak more highly of Big Cox :thumbsu:

No more 'appendage-based' jokes is another sad note :(

When Lycett leaves us at the end of the year, Simpson is going to have egg on his face for not pushing this earlier.

Cox has been terrific and he should be congratulated not only on his achievements, but his overall conduct - a true champion.

However, this year the team has been poorly managed.

Nic's development isn't what it should have been and Lycett and Sinclair have missed so much development because a change wasn't made sooner.

When Lycett leaves us at the end of the year, Simpson is going to have egg on his face for not pushing this earlier.

Cox has been terrific and he should be congratulated not only on his achievements, but his overall conduct - a true champion.

Nic's development isn't what it should have been and Lycett and Sinclair have missed so much development because a change wasn't made sooner.

Not really appropriate in a thread farewelling Dean Cox.

Take it to the list management thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done on an outstanding career . He is the prototype of the modern day ruck and the player that a lot of young ruckmen aspire to . It been a privilege to have watched you play .

Looks like I will have to get a new name next season :(

If Lycett still leaves now, he was never intending on staying.

Absolute champion, shame he has been bagged a bit by supporters in his later years, really not warranted in my view. I assume it has been part of a transition plan.

At his peak was the ultimate (and probably first) ruckman midfielder, introduced great spread and could kick on both feet.

Gun.

3 of my fondest memories of him would be

that goal against essendon as if he was a crumber.

2005 qf when he marked the ball and stopped another sydney attack allowing us to win our first final since 1999 and

2006 gf when that siren went... still get shivers down my spine

what a fantastic career by coz. shame he couldnt get to 300 but thats the job now for darling or gaff or someone else. thanks for the good times cox.

and now there is 2 left from 06. dont know how im gonna feel when these two retire.

sad to see another great legend of the club retire, but as with kerr, glass etc he is hanging them up at the right time.

plenty of terrific ruckmen have come and gone over the past decade, but none of them dominated so consistently as cox over this time. was one out of the box with his tank and skill set and a massive ace up our sleeve for so many years.

i will also remember how he saved our bacon on many many occasions! as someone else said, it's been a privilege watching.

hope the big fella sticks around as ruck coach for a few more years.

3 of my fondest memories of him would be

that goal against essendon as if he was a crumber.

2005 qf when he marked the ball and stopped another sydney attack allowing us to win our first final since 1999 and

2006 gf when that siren went... still get shivers down my spine

what a fantastic career by coz. shame he couldnt get to 300 but thats the job now for darling or gaff or someone else. thanks for the good times cox.

and now there is 2 left from 06. dont know how im gonna feel when these two retire.

Would make it the first time since 1992 that we've had no premiership players on our list

Congrats to big cox on his career. Arguably the best ruckman to play the game and definately the most versatile. It's quite amazing he's had the career that he has had considering when he turned up at the club he could barely run a lap

Sad to see him go, but it's best for the club.

No more "Big Cox" jokes. :(

Him and that midfield of the mid 2000's will be something I'll tell my children about misty-eyed. Brilliant guy, and I'll absolutely miss watching him play, congratulations on a great career.

Coxy.:hearts::hearts: :cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back