Declare conflicts of interest

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to know which of the significant people in footy follow which clubs. For example I under Gil McLachlan follows St Kilda. In the EFC drugs reports, it is obvious that Mark Robinson strongly supports EFC but might have declared that when he was appointed a junior office boy. Caro overtly follows Richmond. Tim and Sam Lane quietly follow Carlton. I feel this would be a valuable guide. Often this means stories are written about some clubs and not others. Every story about Netflix in the Age declares it promotes the STAN Service. Mark Robinson for one should declare his allegiance with every story.

Mark Stevens - Bulldogs
Mark Fine - St Kilda
Damien Barrett - North
Mike Sheahan - Melbourne
Bruce McEvaney - Adelaide

Not sure on Jon Ralph or Craig Hutchison

Eddie McGuire ---- No, no allegiance at all I'm afraid.

Luke Darcy - Black Glove puppets for muppets.

Not so much a journo as a commentator, but Dennis commetti played reserves for Footscray and once told me he has a soft spot for them.

The LIST Manager:rolleyes: - Terry Wallet
Dogs & Tigers

Not so much a journo as a commentator, but Dennis commetti played reserves for Footscray and once told me he has a soft spot for them.

I always thought Den was a WA guy through and through. Not sure if he favoured Eagles or Dockers but wanted to see both teams do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird - conflict with the real world and any form of truth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back