Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, the lack of true pearlers these days is a bit of a shame.
This is a great one:

Your not gonna win this battle eth-dog.
Gumbleton is definitely average.
Giles still has more potential but will not get much better than good at best.

I don't think that's that bad, though. You seem to be filling this thread up with thoughts of others you personally disagree with. Or the ramblings of a gillo type- someome who is clearly a few beers short of a slab.

The best ones are the "Melbourne will win two flags by 2015" posts from 2010, or the "Hawthorn will be bottom six by 2014" posts from 2011.

I don't think that's that bad, though. You seem to be filling this thread up with thoughts of others you personally disagree with. Or the ramblings of a gillo type- someome who is clearly a few beers short of a slab.

The best ones are the "Melbourne will win two flags by 2015" posts from 2010, or the "Hawthorn will be bottom six by 2014" posts from 2011.
What can be worse than not even getting the name of the player you're arguing about right?

Plenty of things. People have brain fades.

That said, on some occasions it shows people genuinely do have no idea and are just going the scattergun, shoot from the hip route.

And when they were winning premierships with Scarlett as well Geelongs defence was twice as good as the bombers current defence.

there is not a lot of logic in methdogs posts
Apparently Geelong's defence is better than Essendon because they won premierships with it 4 years ago :drunk:

Mate I've been a NSW fan since you were in nappies, and I also took a vested interest in Hughes whilst he played for this brilliant state. He wasn't that good, deal with it. Deficiencies against the short ball and just outside off stump, and his technique would never have made it on the international scene.

It's probably why he was dropped and banished, then only talked up again after his death.

Hughes has always been one of my favorite players, just ask anyone that knows me in real life, unfortunately he just wasn't good enough to have ever been a star in test cricket ... Star domestically yes.
Oh and Ashton Agar, I never heard you mention Hughes' name once while he was alive. Nice attention grab.:thumbsu:
Mainly for those from the cricket board like eth-dog.

Not really delusional as such, just idiotic on so many levels. He watched Hughes at NSW and Hughes wasn't that good, even though he averaged over 50 in FC cricket for a fair while there. And he wasn't talked about again until his death, even though he was batting for his spot in the test team. And he was banished even though he was on the verge of selection for the 5th time. And I never liked Hughes even though I used to argue with everyone why he should be in the team. :drunk::$

Same bloke, when questioned about Mitch Marsh.
Possible gun, I like him. However he, much like Watson, originally got a call up based on potential only. It's my main gripe with the selectors these days.

Players aren't necessarily earning the baggy green.

Edit: He's brother is the one too watch. I think he's the next Aussie batsman to take the world by storm.
So Hughes was no good but Shaun Marsh will take the world by storm. :drunk:

Sadly, I really feel this thread is currently a total shadow of its former self.

The meaning of delusional pearler has been lost.
The one about Marsh taking the world by storm and Hughes being s**t.

Now that is the true definition of delusion. :drunk:

Shaun Marsh could take the world by storm. Seriously talented cricketer and looks like he's getting his head right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hughes had much potential. He probably would have ended up with a very long career and an average of 45. He did have, on evidence of career up until his passing, technical shortcomings though. I tend to think there's a fair chance he'd worked through his deficiencies, much like people like Hayden and Steve Waugh did after early doors, and that's why I believe he would have ended up having a long career.

Hughes' passing, as tragic as it was, shouldn't mean his technical shortcomings can't be acknowledged though, particularly now that some time has passed.

But yes, there is a degree of double standard in saying that while talking up Mitch Marsh based on what we've seen so far.

Hughes had much potential. He probably would have ended up with a very long career and an average of 45. He did have, on evidence of career up until his passing, technical shortcomings though. I tend to think there's a fair chance he's worked through his deficiencies, much like people like Hayden and Steve Waugh did after early doors, and that's why I believe he would have ended up having a long career.

Hughes' passing, as tragic as it was, shouldn't mean his technical shortcomings can't be acknowledged though, particularly now that some time has passed.

But yes, there is a degree of double standard in saying that while talking up Mitch Marsh based on what we've seen so far.
Shaun Marsh, not Mitch.

Point stands. Shaun Marsh has been hot and cold. The guy made 17 runs in a four Test series only three years ago. I'm in support of him being in the Test side at the moment, but it certainly does seem odd to be highlighting Hughes' faults while simultaneously papering over Shaun Marsh's downs.

Hughes had much potential. He probably would have ended up with a very long career and an average of 45. He did have, on evidence of career up until his passing, technical shortcomings though. I tend to think there's a fair chance he's worked through his deficiencies, much like people like Hayden and Steve Waugh did after early doors, and that's why I believe he would have ended up having a long career.

He's saying Hughes was s**t but SHAUN Marsh will take the world by storm.

Now that is delusional.

Mitch would be slightly more understandable as he has good all-round talents, but SHAUN.

I recognize Hughes had technical faults, one of the main ones ended up costing him his life, but as you said, I'm very confident he'd have gotten through them and turned into a fantastic test match batsman. Shaun has 14 less FC centuries, a full 10 runs less average despite being 5 years older... I want Shaun to succeed, but you can't expect him to "take the world by storm" whilst calling Hughes "s**t"!

I'm less sold on Mitch Marsh than some, talented no doubt as he is. Anyway...

Mitch made a wise career choice choosing cricket over footy. Watched him play a game for WA against Vic Metro in the 2008 Under 18's championship at Etihad Stadium opposed to Michael Hurley. He got one touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back