Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably not the most flattering to share but this was the final blow lol. This is footage from one of my clan mates in the raid of the moment we killed nezzy. Managed it with about 45 minutes left to go until contest mode finished. We actually killed the boss right at the end of final stand once previously and it didn't count. Managed to get the boss quite consistently to final stand or really close to by the end of a third damage phase which was our motivation to keep going. We lost a few guardians along the way who just didn't have the will power to carry on. Dirty kill but the DPS check was huge and we still had to manage that, plus the mechanics (though admittedly much simpler than previous raids) as well as avoid cheesy bullshit that can almost one shot you on contest mode capped at 1780 light. It just takes some near flawless runs to get through these encounters so you just have to stay positive to your team and not get shitty if they make a mistake and don't let fatigue make you lose focus. I reckon normal mode of this raid will be the new Crota. It's really easy to learn.

View attachment 47a92566-dd8c-44e3-9a66-ead437c2bc1e.mov

Streamer tears that more common plebs are completing contest mode raids. Proof that they're in it for their ego more than anything else.

A guy from my team got the stats. While the new Root of Nightmare raid had far more completions than previous contest mode raids, many of those completions were multiple runs as apparently only 5.5% of the player base have the unique emblem. Also only 9% of teams that started finished. That also counts incomplete runs so again it's about only ~5% that completed. It's only the third raid to also have 48 hours contest rather than 24 hours.

Streamers are especially salty. How could mere plebs achieve what only they could previously. Not that players are getting better. We have more resources, more practice and more experience. Any streamer who wants to shit on our achievement can GAGF.

RIP Lance Reddick.
One of the Destiny OGs
He made Zavala such a distinct character with his voice acting.

Just read it now :( RIP

Huge for Destiny and was great in everything he was in. Underrated actor IMO.

Both him and this line iconic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My reaction to this week's seasonal story.

View attachment 1636823
Geez. Cold.
Poor Amanda.
Though the fact everyone saw this coming with her extra presence this season and the new tribute area was pretty poor by Bungie.
My only surprise was that it came so soon.
Probably to give time for her, seemingly obvious, rez.

Geez. Cold.
Poor Amanda.
Though the fact everyone saw this coming with her extra presence this season and the new tribute area was pretty poor by Bungie.
My only surprise was that it came so soon.
Probably to give time for her, seemingly obvious, rez.

Yeah they telegraphed this one from a mile away. Lots of speculation she'll come back as a guardian. Potentially now with the possibility of Vanguard depending on what happens with Zavala.

Haven't played for 3 years and after hearing about Final Shape, jumped in after seeing 30th anniversary content was dirt cheap on a third party site.

LOT of changes since I last played.

Was good to see the matchmaking integrated into the game itself. Played Grasp of Avarice searching for a party, lasted 25 mins before they bailed, created my own and was good to get a couple of people to finish the second half of the dungeon for what is now I believe pretty old (and easy for regulars?) content. Got carried but was a lot of fun.

Will try and play a bit more regularly on top of life/other games but was good have a good experience with that sort of content which haven't had in a long time.

Haven't played for 3 years and after hearing about Final Shape, jumped in after seeing 30th anniversary content was dirt cheap on a third party site.

LOT of changes since I last played.

Was good to see the matchmaking integrated into the game itself. Played Grasp of Avarice searching for a party, lasted 25 mins before they bailed, created my own and was good to get a couple of people to finish the second half of the dungeon for what is now I believe pretty old (and easy for regulars?) content. Got carried but was a lot of fun.

Will try and play a bit more regularly on top of life/other games but was good have a good experience with that sort of content which haven't had in a long time.
I play on the regular with a couple of mates.

If you have any interest in doing some raids let me know, be happy to take you through them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back