DIVISION 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh Jimmy, why them has the VAFA been able to in the past announce the finals venues a whole lot earlier than the week of the game,? perhaps a lightning premiership would be easier for the VAFA to run just like junior comps..Perhaps they could give our maccas vouchers to the best player and sing and hold hands together. I visit many clubs in the Southern region every week as a supplier and yes I do tip into clubs as well whether they are VAFA or SFL and I can tell you that the VAFA clubs are not happy with the VAFA administraton and the SFL clubs appear to be very happy with Cannizzio. It is this arrogance shown by the VAFA and blokes like you and some others on this site that keep you out of touch with grass roots footy. I have a lot of time for the likes of Bedford because he does get in and have a crack. I sponsored Ormond and you know what happened to that money...thank fully things are better now.. If there are less people at a ground where an entry fee is charged due to late notice which is very feasible then you are commercially impacted, maybe you should get back to your year 9 economics. Anyway good luck to Ormond this week and for the finals as I reckon they are the only chance of knocking off the Rovers. Hope to see the Ormond Best and Fairest back in the next few weeks as well after a very bad injury.

Oh Jimmy, why them has the VAFA been able to in the past announce the finals venues a whole lot earlier than the week of the game,? perhaps a lightning premiership would be easier for the VAFA to run just like junior comps..Perhaps they could give our maccas vouchers to the best player and sing and hold hands together. I visit many clubs in the Southern region every week as a supplier and yes I do tip into clubs as well whether they are VAFA or SFL and I can tell you that the VAFA clubs are not happy with the VAFA administraton and the SFL clubs appear to be very happy with Cannizzio. It is this arrogance shown by the VAFA and blokes like you and some others on this site that keep you out of touch with grass roots footy. I have a lot of time for the likes of Bedford because he does get in and have a crack. I sponsored Ormond and you know what happened to that money...thank fully things are better now.. If there are less people at a ground where an entry fee is charged due to late notice which is very feasible then you are commercially impacted, maybe you should get back to your year 9 economics. Anyway good luck to Ormond this week and for the finals as I reckon they are the only chance of knocking off the Rovers. Hope to see the Ormond Best and Fairest back in the next few weeks as well after a very bad injury.

Thanks David. I refer to Uncle Micks Post 459 and probably time I heeded that advice.

Yep the SFL are killing it ....…. 3 clubs in the highest division who are completely non competitive and only 9 of 26 clubs (and 4 from Div 1) who field Colts. Future looks bright !

By the way I am not from Ormond. I just respect them due to past history between my club and them.

From the VAFA website:-

FINALS DATES AND VENUE INFORMATION

On the eve of finals the questions about where your club will be playing have started to be asked. As is the case every year there are very few certainties when it comes to finals venues and times for all finals that need to be scheduled. In 2013, 160 finals matches need to be scheduled in the VAFA. Below we try an outline how matches are scheduled and where possible confirm venues and times.
The VAFA's priorities for finals are as follows.
1) play all finals at a neutral venue*
2) play all finals at the best possible available venue
3) schedule finals to enable as many supporters from each club to attend the match as possible
*U19 Section 2, Section 3, North and South and Under 18 semi finals will be played at the home ground of the highest ranked team. From there on the preliminary finals will be at neutral venues.
Point three is often the hardest as some clubs will have multiple teams playing at different venues at different levels. This is particularly the case for U19 and Premier Thirds competitions and where a club's reserves team has qualified in a different finals position to the senior team.
Once again in 2013 the VAFA offered the opportunity for clubs to host finals if their ground was available and suitable for hosting finals, (All finals venues need to be enclosed with fencing around the ground).
What can we confirm?
Premier
2nd Semi Final - Saturday 7th September at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
1st Semi Final - Sunday 8th September at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
Preliminary Final - Saturday 14th September at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
Grand Final - Saturday 21st September at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
Premier B
2nd Semi Final - Saturday 31st August at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
1st Semi Final - Sunday 1st September at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
Preliminary Final - Sunday 8th September at to be confirmed (Seniors)
Grand Final - Sunday 15th September at Sportscover Arena (Seniors)
Premier C
All finals time and venues to be confirmed on Sunday 25th August at vafa.com.au
Division 1
Division 2
Division 3
Division 4
Under 19s
Under 18s
Obviously there is still a fair bit to be confirmed from all the sections. The main reason is that the VAFA want finals played on the best possible venues and the Football Operations team often do not know what venues are available until the end of the previous weekend. As many of the finals venues are used by other competitions, the availability depends on the teams at those grounds being out of the finals race.
All players, coaches and administrations have been made aware of these circumstances at the start of the year.
A complete finals schedule will be posted a vafa.com.au the Sunday night before the following weekend of fixtures.

Jimmy I am not saying the SFL are killing it just according to the clubs from both leagues the VAFA are really struggling and the SFL admin are doing a whole lot better, it may be because they actually care for their clubs and assist them, where the VAFA prefer to come down with a big stick and fine them. I am not a moron jimmy I have simply got the better of you and you dont like it so you bow to calling names.

Jimmy I am not saying the SFL are killing it just according to the clubs from both leagues the VAFA are really struggling and the SFL admin are doing a whole lot better, it may be because they actually care for their clubs and assist them, where the VAFA prefer to come down with a big stick and fine them. I am not a moron jimmy I have simply got the better of you and you dont like it so you bow to calling names.

Every time you match wits with JJ he plays you on a break. He has run rings around you once again. A tip - If you want some credibility and people to take you seriously please don’t compare the SFL to the VAFA. It is a pointless and futile argument. Might help if lost the chip on the shoulder about Ormond as well.

If today's results are anything to go by, make sure you have your mobile phone charged up and have enough credits (read money) in your mobile phone account next week, because positions 2-4 are now up for grabs.Who (with the exception of the Rovers) will get the double chance and the last spot in the 4?

Only 1 spot up for grabs next week and that's 4th, Ormond have too much % over Prahan to be caught so its Whitefriars or Prahan which will meet Ormond in the 1st semi final with Whitefriars having to overcome Hampton whilst Prahan have the much easier task against Old Geelong

2nd Semi Final is all done and dusted, Williamstown wont lose at home to Glen Eira so 2nd is theirs

At the other end of the ladder looks like MHSOB will be joining Glen Eira in Division 2 next year, they wont be making up 20% in the last round

In fact on 2nd semi final day (regardless of where the venue's at) you can expect to see a very large Rovers contingent because not only are their Seniors top of the ladder, the Reserves are second on the ladder and could take top spot with a win over Whitefriars if Ormond loses next week. Who would have thought that was possible 12 months ago?

Jase - forget whether the Ressies finish top, they're a lock for top 2 after Bulleen knocked off Old Geelong. Which by the way, HBP, tell Schneiderman Uncle Mick says, 'I told you so'.

With the top 2 locked in, it means Ormond will probably have ressies on a Saturday and seniors on the Sunday.
I can see why Xavs have moved off Toorak Park as its a disgrace, it had nothing to do with the result, but it meant a few ankle injuries.
Xavs moved off? Watched a mate play for Xavs there 4 weeks ago!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just trying to get a rise out of you old boy! 13 more scoring shots suggests they were the dominant side. And like the Monders they seem a better outfit on their home patch. Makes it interesting if the Two Blues can pinch 4th spot and set up a rematch.
TBO definitely booked for finals. Just a matter of who gets fixtured there. Willy gaining top 2 now opens it up to a more neutral venue given their location. Would've thought the locality of an Ormond/HR top 2 made TBO a lock for D1.

And speaking of Punt Rd Oval, if Rovers and Williamstown CYMS both make it to the grand final, will the game be played at Richmond rather than Mordialloc or TBO?

Great effort by Willy away on the weekend to get up against the wind in the last Q.
Whats the go with Prahran having the away rooms on the far side of the ground, when there are rooms right next to theirs. Its like Hampton forcing the away team in to the commission flats

Great effort by Willy away on the weekend to get up against the wind in the last Q.
Whats the go with Prahran having the away rooms on the far side of the ground, when there are rooms right next to theirs. Its like Hampton forcing the away team in to the commission flats
they have always been out that side. been that way since I first played them at Toorak park 6-8 years ago.

Every time you match wits with JJ he plays you on a break. He has run rings around you once again. A tip - If you want some credibility and people to take you seriously please don’t compare the SFL to the VAFA. It is a pointless and futile argument. Might help if lost the chip on the shoulder about Ormond as well.
Ah Rooster only your opinion. which is not rated. I am not comparing the SFL with the VAFA I will say it again there is unrest out amongst some of the VAFA clubs particularly saying that the c grade down clubs get treated like second class. And if you had put money into a club and it was pilfered you also would be upset, it is not a chip on the shoulder simply pointing out issues relating to governance. Oh and when is the VAFA tribunal going to move their headquarters from the retirement village? Another bloke got weeks for tackling ??? It must be frustrating for all. Trying to apply AFL standards at battler level just does not work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back