D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're having a go at BT when they're on top and have dropped the one game this year (unjustified) I'm bagging a bloke who writes crock on footy when he can count the amount of touches he gets on one hand (justified).

Firstly, since when does the ability to play football have any equivalence to be able to write about it. Your comments on Rich Hummerston are out of line, uncalled for, uncouth and a reflection of your poor sportsmanship. The writers all give their time for nothing and give people like yourself something to read and in many cases amuse them. Insulting someone because you dont agree with what they write by slagging off their performace on the field is a sad reflection on you.

Are you looking for reflected glory ? What possible motive could you have for such a gratuitously (look it up you ignoramus ) spiteful post.

You're having a go at BT when they're on top and have dropped the one game this year (unjustified) I'm bagging a bloke who writes crock on footy when he can count the amount of touches he gets on one hand (justified).

Is attacking the tireless work of voulnteers part of the club culture down at BT? What about abusing a bloke in his first game of senior football, an played for no other reason than enjoyment?

You're an upstanding bloke.

Out of question, given there was 44 blokes playing on Saturday, why did you take such an interest in just one player? A player coming off the bench on debut?

People should read this Hummer Blokes stuff, instead of just backing him up.
Utter trash. Made sure one of his mates was in the best couple but couldnt find room for others

Does more club jumping than a tourist in the Greek Islands.

Hahaha all these people standing up for this so called scribe is hilarious! If you're going to do a job why not do a good one. Some of the utter nonsense he writes in the record is abysmal!! Easily the worst scribe in the VAFA if not metropolitan football leagues.

People should read this Hummer Blokes stuff, instead of just backing him up.
Utter trash. Made sure one of his mates was in the best couple but couldnt find room for others

Does more club jumping than a tourist in the Greek Islands.

And this is equally ignorant. You miss the point that all of the people responding have made. Rocket66 did not have the intelligence to critique the articles that Hummer writes. He merely whinged that no BT players were mentioned and then proceeded to abuse him because he wasn't BOG. As if that had anything at all to do with it.

I see the aforementioned moron has now responded with another cogently argued response. Spare us your further responses. At present most people think you are idiots. Your posts demonstate this to be true.

I must admit some of the stuff the scribe writes is just plain weird, but it would not be an easy job. Especially only getting to see one game every week. Didn't agree totally with his top 7 but everyone has varying views.
What are everyones top 10 players in div 2? Mine in no particular order are

1. S. Ciavola (elt)
2. S. Richardson (elt)
3. A. Sleight (pra)
4. J. Egglestone (thp)
5. K. Cherbakov (bul)
6. D. Boundy (par)
7. P. Florance (bul)
8. E. Costello (sth)
9. M. Pell (pra)
10. P. Barranello (emm)

Few very stiff to miss out, was harder to pick than I thought it would be

Hahaha all these people standing up for this so called scribe is hilarious! If you're going to do a job why not do a good one. Some of the utter nonsense he writes in the record is abysmal!! Easily the worst scribe in the VAFA if not metropolitan football leagues.

OK Hero, I put these 2 challenges to you.

Rather than attacking the work of a VOLUNTEER, lets put the very little intelligence of yours to good use.

Part 1.

On numerous occasions, you have alluded to Rich Hummerston's inability to compile a worthy contribution to the record.

"If you're going to do a job why not do a good one. Some of the utter nonsense he writes in the record is abysmal!! Easily the worst scribe in the VAFA if not metropolitan football leagues."

"I'm bagging a bloke who writes crock on footy when he can count the amount of touches he gets on one hand"

The aforementioned sentences in bold are known as quotes. They are often helped to substantiate arguments. To date, all you have produced is unsubstantiated slandering's towards the volunteer. It's not your fault, your decision to leave school in year 10 did not equip you with the necessary skill set to take part in an argument.

Your task, is to substantiate your arguments with quotes from The Amateur Footballer (TAF) that will help convince others that Rich Hummerston "is the worst scribe in the VAFA if not metropolitan football leagues"

Part 2.

Your belittling of Rich Hummerston suggests that compiling a column for TAF is an easy task.

The second part of your challenge is to compile an article of no less than 750 words and no more than 800 words in your own time for the enjoyment of the board. The distance between grounds and increasing petrol prices will only allow you to get to one game a week, so the rest of the information will have to be sourced from club officials. The information is not always accurate nor reliable.

This work will be honorary and the only renumeration you'll receive I imagine will be invitation to the VAFA season launch.

Your work will then be published to the entire board where it will be critiqued and often criticized by disgruntled supporters (read club officials) because their favourite player wasn't listed in the top 7.

Unlike the selfless volunteers of the VAFA, you will only have to do this once, not every week for the entire footy season.

We all know you won't do this for a number of reasons. Namely the extent of your keyboard bravery doesn't extend past anonymously attacking volunteers and your limited vocabulary will make the post near unreadable, humiliating you in the process.

I seem to remember a young and enthusiastic turtle (now a wise ol turtle) calling a VAFA scribe after a few sherberts as he thought a few points needed to be raised ;)

Journalistic abilities/inabilities of the scribe aside the next round has 2 crucial games with potential to either seal the top 4 or open up the race for 4th. I'm predicting the top 4 will be confirmed after Saturday.
Easy games first.
Emmaus to be too strong for La Trobe - 25 points
SMD to fall to a rebounding Prahran - 47 points
BT to over run St Mary's - 50 plus
Eltham to get the better of Monash despite johhny's optimism - 21 points. Effectively ending gryphs chances for 2012
Therry v Parade a very interesting contest with the former making a statement last week. Parade's defence though is miserly and will enable them to hang on for a 10 point win in a low scoring affair.

I must admit some of the stuff the scribe writes is just plain weird, but it would not be an easy job. Especially only getting to see one game every week. Didn't agree totally with his top 7 but everyone has varying views.
What are everyones top 10 players in div 2? Mine in no particular order are

1. S. Ciavola (elt)
2. S. Richardson (elt)
3. A. Sleight (pra)
4. J. Egglestone (thp)
5. K. Cherbakov (bul)
6. D. Boundy (par)
7. P. Florance (bul)
8. E. Costello (sth)
9. M. Pell (pra)
10. P. Barranello (emm)

Few very stiff to miss out, was harder to pick than I thought it would be
Good Post Arthur.
I reckon you've missed a few and also overrated some.
Arthur from TP and Whiteside from Elth should be in the top 10
Sleight not in the top 10 in my opinion. Parsons and Musster more important to PA than Sleight.
Florence BT is number #1 in the comp I reckon. And Cowell BT is in the top 5. Better player than Cherbakov.
McConville from MG should sneak into the 10 also.
So I reckon
1. Florence BT
2. Parsons PA
3. Ciavola ET
4. Arthur TP
5. Cowell BT
6. Whiteside Elt
7. Costello SM
8. Egglestone TP
9. Boundy OP
10. McConville Mon

Good Post Arthur.
Sleight not in the top 10 in my opinion. Parsons and Musster more important to PA than Sleight.
Florence BT is number #1 in the comp I reckon. And Cowell BT is in the top 5. Better player than Cherbakov.

No Johnny, Cherbs is an out-and-out star. Club Captain, Premiership player, b'n'f winner, big V Rep...has done it all - and still only 25!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good Post Arthur.
So I reckon
1. Florence BT
2. Parsons PA
3. Ciavola ET
4. Arthur TP
5. Cowell BT
6. Whiteside Elt
7. Costello SM
8. Egglestone TP
9. Boundy OP
10. McConville Mon

Like I said it was very hard to pick and some were stiff to miss out. I think sleight on his day has to be in there. I disagree with parsons from prahran. 7 goals from 7 games playing as a forward and only in the best once. Lot of other mid sized forwards you could pick over him ie Costello from therry.
Hard to pick a top ten after playing some sides only once. Obviously varying opinions but spices up the forum a bit

Like I said it was very hard to pick and some were stiff to miss out. I think sleight on his day has to be in there. I disagree with parsons from prahran. 7 goals from 7 games playing as a forward and only in the best once. Lot of other mid sized forwards you could pick over him ie Costello from therry.
Hard to pick a top ten after playing some sides only once. Obviously varying opinions but spices up the forum a bit
Agree not easy to name top 10 and impossible to get concensus. A couple more names for the mix. What about West (St Mary's) and Baranello (Emmaus)? Not in good teams but stand out regularly.
Being named in the best doesn't always mean a player is in the best. Some clubs can be a bit tricky with this in wanting a player or 2 to fly under the radar. I may be a poor judge but have seen a few games this year where more than 1 good player on the day hasn't appeared in a team's best.

Progressive 42/55

Eltham v Prahran - 6 points. Cracking game this and match of the round. I expect a hard hitting affair that will probably not be suited to Sleight or Ciavola to be kicking a lot of goals. This game will come down to mid fielders and half backs battling it out on the big ground. I think Prahran will just have their measure in this but the game could go either way. Brown to get top honours for the home side but wont be able to get them over the line.

St Marys v La Trobe - 15 points. School holidays always hurt the students but have been putting on some brave performances of late. I'll go out on a limb and think they will notch up their first win for the season. I'm not sure of his name but that 55 for La Trobe(anyone know his name? We don't get listed in the record any more) is very handy and will dominate across the half back.

Parade v Emmaus - 45 points. Parade to dominate this game for 4 quarters. Whilst they only won by 2 points last time these teams met I expect a much different result this week. Giddings is the stand out player who Emmaus will struggle to match up and he will probably add another couple of goals to his tally.

South v Therry - 9 points. Souths are on the improve and I wouldn't be surprised if they take a couple of bigger scalps before the season is out. With the likes of Griggs, Costello and Mahony in good form I'm tipping another upset this week in front of their home crowd.

Bulleen v Monash - 24 points. I suggested a few weeks ago that Bulleen were coming back to the field and I think recent results reflect that. They certainly are not the unbeatable juggernaut they seemed to be at the start of the season. I think Monash will want to atone for last weeks result and will come out firing as their season is on the line. I expect Monash to be right in this at 3 quarter time but after then Bulleen to kick away in the last, as they have been able to in the past few weeks. Stella and Edsall to share BOG honours.

Good luck all this weekend. I hope you enjoy it as it's going to be a cold and crappy day with thunderstorms and hail.

Progressive 44/60

Went out on a limb and got slaughtered in the tips last week. Two out of 5 is a bit rough and hurts my average. Will try and pick it up this week. 4 really big games as teams strive for finals or try to fight their way out of relegation.

Emmaus v La Trobe - 6 points. I really wanted to tip La Trobe this week and would have if they were playing at home. Emmaus have slightly better losing form getting closer to Parade and Therry. Emmaus also need this win to get out of the relegation threat so have a lot more to play for. The Baranello boys look like they are hitting some form so will get them across the line.

Monash v Eltham - 18 points. Big game for Monash if they wish to keep remote chances of finals alive. I just think the bigger boys of Eltham on the smaller ground will make it difficult. Fantastic win by Eltham last weekend will spur them on further and they are genuine contenders with the best defense and offense in the comp as their percentage shows. Tim 'Tiger' Woods to be the third forward which Monash wont have an answer for.

Therry v Parade - 15 points. Genuine 8 pointer as Parade look to solidify their finals spot and lock out any remaining contenders. Will be tough playing away and I expect a close game all day with both teams lacking a bit up forward and have miserly defenses. I talk about him a lot but Giddings would have to be a chance to take out the league BnF with his form this year. Seems to be left out in a lot of the top 10's posted in this forum and should be up there.

South v Prahran - 27 points. Could be an upset looming here. Prahran haven't had great form of late and Souths have been pushing the top teams and will be playing for their chance to stay up in D2. It's just their result against Therry last week that has me concerned for Souths. I agree with Arthur McArthur that Parsons hasn't had a great year and that Sleight and Musster are the ones to stop. Musster is very hard to match up on and for a small guy has a lot of run and heart.

Bulleen v St Marys - 54 points. Really the only game this week that wont have a bearing on how the ladder plays out. I expect a one sided affair and Bulleen to lead all day even though they have been slow starters for the second half of the season. Cherbakov is definitely a better player than Cowell. Add in his partner in crime Khouri, who is regaining form after having a spell a couple of weeks ago, and Bulleen should kick a decent score.

Good luck to all for what should be a rippa day at the footy tomorrow.

Ill take your point on Parsons. Im probably adding too much weight to his GF performance last year.
He does seem a little more unfit this year.
OK Ill move him from 2nd spot to 12th and bring in Pell PA into 10th. Although has missed half the games this year.
And the russian chess master Cherbakov into 11th spot.
Very impressed with Whiteside ELT. Doesn't look like a footballer but seems to get loads of it.

Round 12 Preview

Eltham over PA by 22 Pts (Certainly match of the round, but the Turtles boast a percentage that is the envy of all and should win on their home patch).
SMS over Latrobe by 46 Pts (The Trobers were better last week, but the truth is the Gryphs were awful. St Mary's to win and if Autio plays, by plenty).
Paradians over Emmaus by 57 Pts (Surely this can only go one way).
Therry over South by 3 Pts (Real danger game for the Lions, but they have enough class players to get them over the line).
Bulleen over Monash by 35 Pts (The Gryphs have not travelled well all year and expect no difference in this one).

Round 12 Review

Another week, another 5/5 (46/60 cumulative) sounds cocky I know, but most of us do not get on such a good run! Truth is, there have been few upsets in recent weeks.

The most surprising result arguably came at Lindsay Hassett where the Bloods presumably had to play Norma & Ethel from the Social Club on the back flank as injuries and unavailability’s caused the club to have a day it would rather forget. Two goals in two games of football in front of the adoring South faithful is not typical of the club of late, but gave a healthy percentage boost to the Lions.

Other results were expected, but the ease of Eltham’s destruction of The Four Blues must be of concern to those at Toorak Park with these combatants likely to meet again in Late August. The Gryphs, Trobers and Emmaus all made their opponents earn the points but were outclassed as expected.

Round 13 Preview

Emmaus over Latrobe by 13 Pts (Latrobe have been far more competitive in recent weeks and it is rare for a side to go through a season without even one win so expect the Red & Blacks to push the Bennettswood Boys all the way. However, an Emmaus win is crucial in the relegation battle and they should do enough. I’ll take either Baranello for best afield).
Turtles over the Gryphs by 22 Pts (Monash defeated the Turtles at their last outing to East Caulfield back in 2009, but both squads are vastly different now and Eltham are the league leaders for scoring this season. Seb Ciavola may be kept quitter than normal by Lee Wells, but the truth is the Turtles possess a plethora of scoring options and will be too strong).
Paradians over Therry by 2 Pts (I called the four a coup-le of weeks back and stand by that claim still. However, if the Lions can hold off Parade at JPF Reserve I will eat some humble pie. With the stakes as high as they are, this could be one of the best games of the season and midfield dominance and contested ball win will be crucial. I see Parade having slightly better structures at stoppages than the home team and expect them to get home in a thriller. Giddings and Tulipano to be prominent).
PA’s over SMD by 31 Pts (There is no doubt that the Red and White’s will give a better effort than last week, but Prahran will also be keen to atone from their humbling at Eltham College. Expect a close first half, but Musster and Pell to dominate in the Premiership quarter).
Bulleen over SMS by 77 Pts (Even if Autio plays, expect the Bullants to pulverise their opponents in this one. Some on this forum seem to have forgotten how dominant Bulleen were early in the season and as their players return from injury, they will begin to hit top gear again).

Good Luck to all

Quasi

Ill take your point on Parsons. Im probably adding too much weight to his GF performance last year.
He does seem a little more unfit this year.
OK Ill move him from 2nd spot to 12th and bring in Pell PA into 10th. Although has missed half the games this year.
And the russian chess master Cherbakov into 11th spot.
Very impressed with Whiteside ELT. Doesn't look like a footballer but seems to get loads of it.

Johnny - why don't you look in your own paddock for some of the best blokes running around? Guys like Bryce Griesheimer, Todd Mackie, Mark Tapscott, Greg Munro and Kyle Hawker all have country pedigree's and are all elite players of the competition.

Very subjective topic Johnny, but please, you have stars like the ones I mentioned under your nose and you haven't even acknoledged them.....

I am beginning to doubt the legitimacy of your comments ol' Johnny

Boys I've been following this forum for a while now as I am a long time vafa supporter and currently have an interest in Division 2. I don't usually do this sort of stuff but I had to put in my two bobs worth, especially regarding Richard Hummerston. I couldn't agree more with Rocket66, Rich's pieces in the vafa follower are often unreadable and to put it simply, shit. However I felt in unecessary for Rocket to share this in a public forum. Keep it to yourself mate, just reflects poorly on yourself.

On a lighter note, im tipping Parade to go deep into the finals with Boundy leading them through to the big one.

Fellow posters,
I've found this forum to have taken a turn for the worst as this tit-for-tat battle continues. Gone are the days of posts regarding the on field play (and the occassional ump bashing - all in good fun of course). It is all good and well for these comments to fly into cyperspace, but I wonder if they would hold such a firm view should they be held accountable. Let's discuss the football again like the good old days. I've seen too many comments focussing on the Monash Gryphons, and I must say for such a middle of the road team there is no need for them to attract so much attention. Sides like the Old Paradians have flown under the radar (except of course for the above post), and I think more time should be spent focussing on their on field success.

Yours in Football,
Emile

I don't usually do this sort of stuff but I had to put in my two bobs worth, especially regarding Richard Hummerston. I couldn't agree more with Rocket66, Rich's pieces in the vafa follower are often unreadable and to put it simply, shit. However I felt in unecessary for Rocket to share this in a public forum. Keep it to yourself mate, just reflects poorly on yourself.

On a lighter note, im tipping Parade to go deep into the finals with Boundy leading them through to the big one.

After giving your "two bobs worth" of a spray towards Rocket66 about berating a volunteer columnist in a public forum, you have proceeded to further slander the kid. Get it together mate your credibility has been shot to pieces from your first post

The rubbish being spoken on this forum is deplorable, any danger of some genuine footy talk?

Should be a cracking round, match of the round being the Paradians v Therry blockbuster. Must win for Therry but tipping the bigger bodies of Parade to run over the top late. Very much looking forward to Saturdays games

Johnny - why don't you look in your own paddock for some of the best blokes running around? Guys like Bryce Griesheimer, Todd Mackie, Mark Tapscott, Greg Munro and Kyle Hawker all have country pedigree's and are all elite players of the competition.

Very subjective topic Johnny, but please, you have stars like the ones I mentioned under your nose and you haven't even acknoledged them.....

I am beginning to doubt the legitimacy of your comments ol' Johnny

I agree Mark Tappscott could be one of the competitions elite players but first he needs to get something from the wizard of Oz.

Boys I've been following this forum for a while now as I am a long time vafa supporter and currently have an interest in Division 2. I don't usually do this sort of stuff but I had to put in my two bobs worth, especially regarding Richard Hummerston. I couldn't agree more with Rocket66, Rich's pieces in the vafa follower are often unreadable and to put it simply, shit. However I felt in unecessary for Rocket to share this in a public forum. Keep it to yourself mate, just reflects poorly on yourself.

One Raiders person supporting Young Rich for his support of his love-child Dave Boundy !

Fellow posters,
I've found this forum to have taken a turn for the worst as this tit-for-tat battle continues. Gone are the days of posts regarding the on field play (and the occassional ump bashing - all in good fun of course). It is all good and well for these comments to fly into cyperspace, but I wonder if they would hold such a firm view should they be held accountable. Let's discuss the football again like the good old days. I've seen too many comments focussing on the Monash Gryphons, and I must say for such a middle of the road team there is no need for them to attract so much attention. Sides like the Old Paradians have flown under the radar (except of course for the above post), and I think more time should be spent focussing on their on field success.

Yours in Football,
Emile

Another Raider person, or RainOnMyParadiams with a new ID., still giving love to Young Rich for his pumping up of Dave Boundy:

After giving your "two bobs worth" of a spray towards Rocket66 about berating a volunteer columnist in a public forum, you have proceeded to further slander the kid. Get it together mate your credibility has been shot to pieces from your first post

The rubbish being spoken on this forum is deplorable, any danger of some genuine footy talk?

Should be a cracking round, match of the round being the Paradians v Therry blockbuster. Must win for Therry but tipping the bigger bodies of Parade to run over the top late. Very much looking forward to Saturdays games

Okay, this is getting boring - yet another Raider person, or one or all of the above, also throwing his support behind Young Rich ! ! ! Interesting that they are all new members of BF !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back