D2 Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only surprise with the results were some of the margins, especially given the weather. With the exception of a feint hope for Therry the 4 looks to be set. The Therry v Monash game this week will see if Therry can keep that hope alive. With the Gryphs coaches' jobs on the line (according to Johhny) it will be interesting to see how they go.
Only other interest until finals time will be the relegation battle. Which team will join La Trobe in Div 3?
Skeed, She aint over until the fat lady sings... Still a small glimmer of hope for the yo yo's

Hey Rocket - I heard a couple (2) of blokes chatting about you after a game that I was at on the weekend - BT supporters/ players etc would be most interested to know who you really are.... as I am sure others would as well.

I'm out at Bulleen in a couple of weeks - I might just drop your real name in the hope you venture that way again soon as well...... Im sure they would love to make you feel welcome!!!!
I look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks down at the nest big Al. Might have a few quiet ones while we watch BT beat your mob.

But quiet again. This weeks games all seem to be pretty predictable, bar the Therry vs Monash game which I think is clearly match of the round. Both sides looking to keep their finals hopes alive, should be a cracker

Tips for this weekend
Eltham vs Emmaus, Eltham
Bulleen vs Sth Melb, Bulleen too good by 10 goals
Therry vs Monash, therry too much firepower in a tight one, 2 goals
Parade vs Latrobe, Parade to bounce back, 8 goals
Prahran vs St Mary's, prahran to make it two on the trot by 10 goals

Agree arthur a bit quiet. Also agree with your tips.
Eltham by a lot over Emmaus who are real relegation candidates.
Bulleen to be too strong for SMD and at thier home ground by a considerable margin.
Therry over Monash by 15 points. Too much to play for. Being 4 points out of the for is obviously way better than 8. A monash win would end both teams chances of finals action. Johhny/rosejam and others will have to concede after this week.
Parade's defence too strong and won't allow La Trobe to kick a score. Will win comfortably
If the track is dry Prahran will annihilate St Mary's

Progressive 47/65

South v St Marys - 8 points. Could end up a draw like round 8. Souths will want the win to get out of relegation zone so will want it more.

Emmaus v Bulleen - 48 points. Bulleen too strong. I kind of hope Emmaus get relegated.

Eltham v Parade - 13 points. Awesome game this. Eltham to bounce back after last week in front of the home crowd.

La Trobe v Therry - 2 points. La Trobe to push Therry all the way to the final siren at home.

Prahran v Monash - 19 points. Monash hitting a purple patch. They don't seem to play the big grounds well, so might be a struggle but think they have the form.

Good luck.

Progressive 51/70

Eltham v Emmaus - 54 points. Turtles too strong at home. My Emmaus relegation prediction has come in to fruition. Will be interesting to see the race for the Coleman and hope Ciavola can kick a bag to put him in front.

St Mary's v Prahran - 54 points. St Mary's have absolutely nothing to play for here. Prahan will be wanting a big win to give them a hope of the second chance come finals time. The other side to the Coleman chase as well so will be wanting to feed through Sleight.

Parade v La Trobe - 54 points. Parade will be wanting to quash all hopes of other finals contenders. Unfortunately they lack they fire power to get a big enough score, even against La Trobe. So the low percentage and only four points ahead will have them nervous as they do have Bulleen and the last game against Monash who are technically a possibility. Dan Mahony to BOG as he makes a late run for the Parade BnF.

Therry v Monash - 24 points. Match of the Round. Whilst unlikely, both teams are technically a chance for finals. Will be tough but Monash have an interesting ability to pull off games they shouldn't. If a miracle happens and they do make finals, there will be a lot of nervous teams. Therry have decent fire power up forward with the likes of George, Costello and Bannister and I think there will just be a few too many for Monash to contain. This and poor form on the bigger grounds makes me think Therry will run away with it.

Bulleen v South - 54 points. Will Bulleen start giving some blokes a bit of a rest in the lead up to finals? Try and argue whether there is any benefit to this or not at our grade and we can dedicate a whole forum to it. So it will be up to the coaching staff to determine if it's needed or not, but the fact is they can certainly afford to. Still an easy win for the Bullants.

Good luck this weekend.

Round 14 Preview
South over SMS by 14 Pts (At the risk of sounding too much like Dwayne Russell, the Bloods are “playing for their season” at least in relation to staying in this grade and this should be enough to get them over the line in a slog. I am making this assessment regardless of whether the combine have Autio playing or not. Matt ‘Dustin’ Hoffman to be prominent up forward).Bulleen over Emmaus by 46 Pts (The presumably wet conditions are likely to have this margin shy of a blowout, however it could be a case of 12 goals to 4 at the final siren. Khouri and Cherbakov to dominate and make sure The Leos are never in the contest).Turtles over Parade by 8 Pts (Dan Madden exclaimed that Parade were the strongest team he had seen all year after their demolition of Therry at Oak Park, and whilst this response may have been a little reactionary there is no doubt the Raiders can match it with any team in the competition. Eltham at home and on the rebound with the double chance up for grabs should prove too tough however, in a contest that is sure to go down to the wire. Feben and Crooks to be the difference).Therry over Latrobe by 10 Pts (I give the home side a real chance of providing the upset of the round here as a similarly placed Gryphons outfit were very lucky to get the points a few weeks back. If the Trobers can be as efficient in their scoring this week they will win, but The Lions are no slouches and have played some pretty dominant football against the weaker teams this season. Expect Therry to hold on in a close contest).Prahran over Monash by 16 Pts (Arguably the most intriguing fixture of the week as these two are beginning to establish a friendly and passionate rivalry. The Gryphs won at East Caulfield earlier in the year, but The Four Blues are a far more formidable opponent at Toorak Park and should be a little more clinical when it counts. Monash will look to quell the influence of Musster so expect others like Pell and Matheson to shine).

Round 14 Review

5/5 (54/70 cumulative)for another clean sweep of the card, but the round delivered nothing we did not already know. Big winners for the weekend past were certainly the Bloods, who are proving to be far more competitive at the pointy wend of the season. The form of Aquilina, Foley and Lane may be just enough for South to avoid the drop. As for St Mary’s, one wonders how they have won four and half games as their percentage reflects a side at the foot of the table. The Bullants crushed Emmaus as predicted – Khouri and Cherbakov prominent yet again. Eltham outlasted Parade in the best contest of the day, only breaking the Raiders in the final 15 minutes to record a win that keeps the double chance secure for the moment. As for Parade, a valiant effort and one which suggests they are worthy finalists. Therry played well at Latrobe but may have left their run too late as they require Parade to slip up twice in the final four games as well as remaining undefeated themselves. Finally, the Four Blues beat the Gryphs far too easily for the liking of many at East Caulfield. Monash will more than likely take one more scalp ranked above them in the final four games, but they are simply not consistent enough to make the four.

Round 15 Preview

Turtles over Emmaus by 95 Pts (Even if the track is still heavy I suspect Eltham to show no mercy to their visitors as they unleash hell on the men from Bennettswood. Coach Sutherland has them administering their stoppage structures with great aplomb and their spread is the envy of all in the competition. Seb to kick 8 and Matty Feben to be best afield yet again!)

Prahran over SMS by 44 Pts (The Four Blues must keep winning if they wish to get a crack at the Second Semi; however, me thinks this is less than likely. Still, Jimmy Musster and Lenny Pascoe should tear the Saints apart and have this game won early).

Parade over Latrobe by 66 Pts (Expect another one sided affair as Parade cannot afford to give Therry a sniff of finals. Boundy's men are amongst the toughest at the ball in this division and should be far too strong for their Bundoora neighbours. Luke Dore to continue his fine run of recent form).

Therry over Monash by 10 Pts (I agree with Terence, that Monash are likely to rebound and win against the odds in this one, so I am hardly confident in selecting the Lions. There is no doubt the Gryphs will come out and play finals type, in close and accountable football and the jury is still out as to whether this will unsettled the lads from Oak Park. Still, I am inclined to select Therry at home as I feel they have more players that can use the footy precisely and smartly in the clinches and they may just hold on to win. Stefanou for best afield).

Bulleen over SMD by 55 Pts (As much as South have improved, I cannot see them getting even close to The Bullants who will ease down in the final furlong and cruise to victory. Bobby Edsall to be best on ground).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Old Eltham vs Emmaus St Leos - The Turtles are absorbing the pressure from the other teams to hold on to the double chance and should be able to easily account for the Leo-the-Lions here.
St Marys Salesian vs Prahran - The Two Blues are still eyeing the double chance and won't give any leeway to the Saints here.
Old Paradians vs La Trobe University - The Raiders should retain the Plenty Road Cup from the Students and keep that one step, read win, against their pursurers.
Therry Penola vs Monash Gryphons - A game with many twist of an outcome - a Grypos win would put both them and the Lions two games behind the Raiders with three to play while a Lions win would keep them snapping at the Raiders heels but doom the Grypos. Plenty at stake and in a very close one giving it to the home team to keep the interest in the lower part of the top four.
Bulleen Templestowe vs South Melbourne - Can't see the Bloods upsetting the red-hot premiership favourite Bullants even though they must grab another win before the months out to ensure they avoid the drop.

Agree arthur a bit quiet. Also agree with your tips.
Eltham by a lot over Emmaus who are real relegation candidates.
Bulleen to be too strong for SMD and at thier home ground by a considerable margin.
Therry over Monash by 15 points. Too much to play for. Being 4 points out of the for is obviously way better than 8. A monash win would end both teams chances of finals action. Johhny/rosejam and others will have to concede after this week.
Parade's defence too strong and won't allow La Trobe to kick a score. Will win comfortably
If the track is dry Prahran will annihilate St Mary's

Not just yet...

Not just yet...
Another interesting round just passed. SMD not only winners but easily. Did they have ant sand spread all over the ground? Something frightened Bulleen.
Gryphs are "technically" still alive rosejam and johnny with a good win over Therry. However needing to win all 3 remaining games including Old Parade in last round while relying on old Parade losing 2 of last 3, and inferior percentage anyway means an almost impossible task. You have made it to base camp but a long way from the summit.

Another interesting round just passed. SMD not only winners but easily. Did they have ant sand spread all over the ground? Something frightened Bulleen.
Gryphs are "technically" still alive rosejam and johnny with a good win over Therry. However needing to win all 3 remaining games including Old Parade in last round while relying on old Parade losing 2 of last 3, and inferior percentage anyway means an almost impossible task. You have made it to base camp but a long way from the summit.
Yes Skeed its tough but Parade still have to play BT then Monash in the last round.
It may come down to the last game with Monash having to win by 60 to get in! You never know.
How did SMD beat BT. Anyone see that game?

Saw BT vs SMD and frankly the footy BT were playing La trobe would have stood a chance. Just wondering if BT taking the foot off the pedal leading into the final home and away games *resting players* cough, cough. Must have a bad cold!

Saw BT vs SMD and frankly the footy BT were playing La trobe would have stood a chance. Just wondering if BT taking the foot off the pedal leading into the final home and away games *resting players* cough, cough. Must have a bad cold!

Not going to read too much into the bulleen loss on Saturday, still the team to beat and looking forward to the challenge this coming saturday. Should be a cracker! Monash knocking off Therry made the chance of playing finals hard for both, but both can mathmatecally still make the four. Monash vs parade may well be very interesting.

Tips for this week -

Bulleen vs Eltham - Eltham in the match of the round
Prahran vs Therry - Prahran by 6 goals
Parade va St Mary's - Parade by 10 goals
Emmaus vs Monash - monash by 5 goals
Latrobe vs Sth Melb - Sth Melb by 8 goals

It would appear the Monash yo-yo's (is there sponsorship potential there) aren't the only team having consistency issues.
Eltham might just have the game plan to defeat a rebounding Bulleen. 1 to 2 goals
Come the end of the season Monash will rue the day they lost to Emmaus earlier this year and will be looking to exact some revenge. Should win comfortably (need as much percentage as they can get). 45 points
St Mary's v Parade will be a one sided affair with Chips' team to win easily by over 50 points and increase %.
Souths will be too strong for La Trobe, especially if they repeat last week's form. 35 points
Expect the possibility of the double chance will be enough motivation for Prahran. Therry may have lost a bit of will after last week's loss to the gryphs. 2 blues by 25 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 15 Preview
Turtles over Emmaus by 95 Pts (Even if the track is still heavy I suspect Eltham to show no mercy to their visitors as they unleash hell on the men from Bennettswood. Coach Sutherland has them administering their stoppage structures with great aplomb and their spread is the envy of all in the competition. Seb to kick 8 and Matty Feben to be best afield yet again!)
Prahran over SMS by 44 Pts (The Four Blues must keep winning if they wish to get a crack at the Second Semi; however, me thinks this is less than likely. Still, Jimmy Musster and Lenny Pascoe should tear the Saints apart and have this game won early).
Parade over Latrobe by 66 Pts (Expect another one sided affair as Parade cannot afford to give Therry a sniff of finals. Boundy's men are amongst the toughest at the ball in this division and should be far too strong for their Bundoora neighbours. Luke Dore to continue his fine run of recent form).
Therry over Monash by 10 Pts (I agree with Terence, that Monash are likely to rebound and win against the odds in this one, so I am hardly confident in selecting the Lions. There is no doubt the Gryphs will come out and play finals type, in close and accountable football and the jury is still out as to whether this will unsettled the lads from Oak Park. Still, I am inclined to select Therry at home as I feel they have more players that can use the footy precisely and smartly in the clinches and they may just hold on to win. Stefanou for best afield).
Bulleen over SMD by 55 Pts (As much as South have improved, I cannot see them getting even close to The Bullants who will ease down in the final furlong and cruise to victory. Bobby Edsall to be best on ground).

Round 15 Review

3/5 (57/75 cumulative)was a fair return considering we encountered arguably the biggest upset of the year at Ted Ajani, where South defeated the Bullants with the type of football that has typified their approach in recent weeks. Josh Lambert and Gary ‘Dim’ Simm were awesome as the Bloods have all but guaranteed their safety in Division 2. No need to panic for Bulleen, but it just goes to show, if you are 5% off you can be beaten no matter who your opposition is. The other interesting result came at Oak Park, where the Gryphons (even I may begin to call them the Yo-Yos) proved they are the best side out of the finals with a stirring win against Therry. Veteran Dan Baxter had the ball on a string and Dan McConville was elusive up forward as Monash won by five goals. Parade, Prahran and Eltham all had relatively easy wins and it has meant that not only are the finals a foregone conclusion, but so is relegation with Emmaus a game and a half from safety.

Round 16 Preview

Prahran over Therry by 55 Pts (Sleight, Musster and Pell fired last week and hence the Four Blues crushed SMS to the tune of 21 goals. I am not suggesting that Therry is of the low standard of the Combine but when Prahran are at their best they are awesome to watch. The only interest left in the season is to see if they can pinch the double chance off Old Eltham – unlikely I know – but they will start with a big win here).
Monash over Emmaus by 48 Pts (Johnny will argue otherwise, but the Gryphs have been out of the running realistically for weeks and still rue the fact that they lost this corresponding fixture at Bennettswood earlier in the year. Emmaus have to win at least two of their last three to avoid the drop so they are sure to show some fight early but a Lee Wells ‘Best on Ground’ performance in front of the Past Players Luncheon will be enough to see the Gryphs run away in the end).
Parade over SMS by 77 Pts (Let’s be frank, St Mary’s are the weakest team in the competition at present and unless there is a complete form reversal, will be thrashed again tomorrow. Shifty Millar to be best afield for the Raiders as they prime themselves for the finals).
Bloods over Latrobe by 10 Pts (One gets the feeling that South may need to keep their egos in check as not only will their spirits be up, but their opponents have realistically only one opportunity to win in the final three rounds. The Bundoora ground should be pretty heavy as well so I do not expect the Bloods to run away at any stage. T. S. Eliot Costello to continue his good run of recent form).
Bulleen over OE by 10 Pts (A little birdie told me that The Bullants rested a few key players last time out to freshen them up for the visit of the Turtles, a match that many consider to be a precursor to the big dance. Having said that, Eltham are the best coached team in the competition and Alan Sutherland would love to grab top spot for the psychological advantage coming up to the finals. I reckon the Bullants will look to quell Ned Harper and force Seb Ciavola to try and win the game off his own boot. Should be a tight finals like slog between the two heavyweights and I favour the home side in a classic).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Prahran vs Therry Penola - The Lions season is hanging by a thread and the Two Blues will cut that last thread with a solid win here.
Monash Gryphons vs Emmaus St Leos - The Gryps are still hanging around and wouldn't want to slip up here against the Leo-Lions who look headed for the drop.
St Marys Salesian vs Old Paradians - The Raiders probably need just another win to all but secure their finals spot and should do so here against the Saints.
La Trobe University vs South Melbourne - The Swans have lifted themselves out of the relegation zone and a win here would secure their spot for next season.
Bulleen Templestowe vs Old Eltham - The premiership favorite Bullants will be looking to hit back after last weeks shock loss and get the opportunity to test themselves against another finals contestant in the Turtles.

Long-time reader, new member and first time poster...

This forum makes far to much mention of the Monash "yo-yo's" who with 17% to make up (provided they can even beat Parade) are out of finals contention.

The finals are set both it's participants and their order in my opinion, like-wise the relegation battle, 6 points from St Marys I don't see Leos catching them even if they win this Saturday.

So let's focus on the finals because it's looking fairly even to me, all the teams are beatable and have their respective matchwinners, I think the ground draw will play a big part.

Bulleen (Florence and Cherbakov surely the key to their success)
Eltham (A defence full of 6ft'ers and the comps best forward in Ciavolas)
Prahran (know how to win finals, with Musster and Pell (if he plays) the key here)
Parade (The ever-brilliant D.Boundy headlines the comps stingiest defence)

FinalsFocused

This forum makes far to much mention of the Monash "yo-yo's" who with 17% to make up (provided they can even beat Parade) are out of finals contention.

The finals are set both it's participants and their order in my opinion, like-wise the relegation battle, 6 points from St Marys I don't see Leos catching them even if they win this Saturday.

So let's focus on the finals because it's looking fairly even to me, all the teams are beatable and have their respective matchwinners, I think the ground draw will play a big part.

Prahran (know how to win finals, with Musster and Pell (if he plays) the key here)

FinalsFocused

Too much mention of Monash and yet your first post mentions them...

Too much mention of Monash and yet your first post mentions them...

Another great one-liner from rosejam, right up there with "not just yet" and "hahaha" as some of your recent posts.

How about you give us an outsiders view of how finals will pan-out, after all I am a little biased to Galivn and his collegians.

Another great one-liner from rosejam, right up there with "not just yet" and "hahaha" as some of your recent posts.

How about you give us an outsiders view of how finals will pan-out, after all I am a little biased to Galivn and his collegians.

I'm flattered that you have taken notice of my posts. Was just an observation.

Finals if the yo-yo's don't make it.

BT to win in GF playing PA
Eltham and Parade to do very little

if the yo-yo's do make it, it will be on the back of some amazing form
Therefore BT to win in GF playing Monash

So are you yet another person from Monash?

FinalsFocused

Good too see another poster not from Monash! This thread has been taken over by yo-yo's..
Also congrats on getting more than a sentence out of rosejam, who has had limited impact on discussions recently.

I am very much looking forward to an exciting finals series, and will put in a few tips here.

Bulleen are shoe-ins to make it through to the big dance, hiccup last week will only make them stronger come finals.
Eltham have begun to falter slightly, and cracks are appearing. Watch this space..
Prahran proven finals pedigree, with match winners on every line. Parsons, Musster and Sleight hold the key
Parade havent been given much of a chance on here, but with D.Boundy in career best form, the Raiders are primed for a run at the cup

Good too see another poster not from Monash! This thread has been taken over by yo-yo's..
Also congrats on getting more than a sentence out of rosejam, who has had limited impact on discussions recently.

I am very much looking forward to an exciting finals series, and will put in a few tips here.

Bulleen are shoe-ins to make it through to the big dance, hiccup last week will only make them stronger come finals.
Eltham have begun to falter slightly, and cracks are appearing. Watch this space..
Prahran proven finals pedigree, with match winners on every line. Parsons, Musster and Sleight hold the key
Parade havent been given much of a chance on here, but with D.Boundy in career best form, the Raiders are primed for a run at the cup

Jerry, your boys would want to kill the yo-yo's finals hope off this weekend with a win otherwise the final round at ECR will be very nervous for your boys.. Last time they meet the yo-yo's finished with 1 fit player on the bench (this was from half time mind you) with their No1 ruckman going down with an ACL. Your coach was quoted as saying he has "never seen anything like it" in terms of our injuries. With big Jimmy Ogden filling the void in the ruck the gryphs still have high hopes for another finals tilt for a 3rd year running..... Your boy boundy wont be allowed to sit a kick behind with no man on him this time around

You just have to admire the boundless optimism of Monash supporters. I kind of hope they can pull off a miracle and make it however that will not happen.
I predict Parade to be the first ones out of the finals race. It's ok to stop teams scoring but you have to make an impression at the other end.
Bulleen will be the first team through to the GF so it will be down to Eltham v PA to see who battles with the Turtles for the title. Fancy PA have a game plan that can be changed around and therefore they will be in the GF.
Unfortunately for them they will be runners up this year.

Round 16 Preview

Prahran over Therry by 55 Pts (Sleight, Musster and Pell fired last week and hence the Four Blues crushed SMS to the tune of 21 goals. I am not suggesting that Therry is of the low standard of the Combine but when Prahran are at their best they are awesome to watch. The only interest left in the season is to see if they can pinch the double chance off Old Eltham – unlikely I know – but they will start with a big win here).Monash over Emmaus by 48 Pts (Johnny will argue otherwise, but the Gryphs have been out of the running realistically for weeks and still rue the fact that they lost this corresponding fixture at Bennettswood earlier in the year. Emmaus have to win at least two of their last three to avoid the drop so they are sure to show some fight early but a Lee Wells ‘Best on Ground’ performance in front of the Past Players Luncheon will be enough to see the Gryphs run away in the end).Parade over SMS by 77 Pts (Let’s be frank, St Mary’s are the weakest team in the competition at present and unless there is a complete form reversal, will be thrashed again tomorrow. Shifty Millar to be best afield for the Raiders as they prime themselves for the finals).Bloods over Latrobe by 10 Pts (One gets the feeling that South may need to keep their egos in check as not only will their spirits be up, but their opponents have realistically only one opportunity to win in the final three rounds. The Bundoora ground should be pretty heavy as well so I do not expect the Bloods to run away at any stage. T. S. Eliot Costello to continue his good run of recent form).Bulleen
over OE by 10 Pts (A little birdie told me that The Bullants rested a few key players last time out to freshen them up for the visit of the Turtles, a match that many consider to be a precursor to the big dance. Having said that, Eltham are the best coached team in the competition and Alan Sutherland would love to grab top spot for the psychological advantage coming up to the finals. I reckon the Bullants will look to quell Ned Harper and force Seb Ciavola to try and win the game off his own boot. Should be a tight finals like slog between the two heavyweights and I favour the home side in a classic).

Round 16 Review

4/5 (61/80 cumulative) with the only miss being the Trobers barnstorming finish against a disappointing Bloods who as expected thought it was all just going to happen, forgetting about the hard work required to a win a game. Curwood and Joyce starred for the home side who are certainly finishing off games with much aplomb in recent times. Prahran and Monash were the other home winners, but both had to win ‘ugly’ against oppositions who were far more determined for much of the day. Both won the game in the third term however, only one has really benefitted from the weekend’s results. In the match of the day at Ted Ajani, it was the third term again that proved crucial as Bulleen booted six goals to zip and eventually ran out four goal winners – Cherbakov the star. Parade defeated the hapless St Mary’s by 10 goals without doing performing anything novel in the process. The four has been set for weeks, the relegation zone also a forgone conclusion, the only interest remains in whether the Four Blues can pinch the double chance.

Round 17 Preview

Emmaus over SMS by 54 pts (The Animals clearly match up well against the Gryphs and played some pretty accountable and effective football last week, so if they can keep that intensity going for another round they will do this in a canter. The wet conditions the only thing keeping it from being a complete thrashing. Lawrie Virgo to be best afield).

Parade over Bulleen by 8 Pts (Call me crazy, but I feel the Bullants may be a little flat in this one as top spot is a forgone conclusion and the Raiders fancy themselves in every contest – especially at home. Boundy’s men are tougher at the contest than any and may be suited to the slow track. Sage and Millar to be the difference).
Therry over Eltham by 5 pts (I feel it could be a round of upsets and Therry were far from disgraced last time out. Eltham are a very good side, but may not make the 33 km cross town trip too easily. Will be close all day but Doyle and Biddlestone will ensure the Oak Park faithful finish their home season with a win).

PA over Latrobe by 22 Pts (The motivation levels are still sure to be high at Orrong Rd, so no upset is likely, however, the Trobers will be keen to try and get one more scalp and a final home game is their outside chance. Poor conditions will keep scoring down, but the Four Blues will do enough in a mediocre contest).

Monash over South by 10 Pts (The Gryphons inconsistent form will likely have them drop this, but coaches McDonald and Warren will still be clinging to mathematical possibilities and will have kept their charges focused enough during the week. The Bloods similarly have a mixed bag of form and will look the winner at some stage however I feel the Gryphs will just get the chocolates. Daniel McConville to relish the wet conditions and be defining in the outcome).

Good luck to all

Quasi

Therry over Eltham by 5 pts (I feel it could be a round of upsets and Therry were far from disgraced last time out. Eltham are a very good side, but may not make the 33 km cross town trip too easily. Will be close all day but Doyle and Biddlestone will ensure the Oak Parkfaithful finish their home season with a win).
Quasi is clearly not from the Northern suburbs and has never heard of the Ring Road! HUGE cross town trip, probably take all of 30-35 minutes. If he is right, it will be an arm wrestle, Turtles to bring home the win by 8 points. Good luck to all for the weekend and finals, those who may or may not make it after this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back