GARVEY OVAL 11:45am SAT 10/9
Parkside
South Melbourne DistrictsParksideSouth Melbourne Districts
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
ElsternwickEmmaus St LeosEmmaus St Leos
Emmaus St Leos

Last edited:
View attachment 1490640

Provisional congratulations to Gia77 for taking out the tipping! Will be confirmed prior to the awards ceremony in a couple of weeks.

Thanks OTP - nice to be on the winners board. I believe this is my 2nd, possibly even 3rd year in a row of tipping glory

Cheers all and looking forward to a great finals series. I'll be away this weekend but hope to watch the following weeks games

Finals Tips.

Any team can or could beat any other team on their day. I feel as though past outcomes won't be factor in these finals. Great work by all of these clubs.

SMD
Canterbury

I was there and I thought the siren went just before the ball hit his boot as did everyone that I spoke to after the game from both clubs.
The Canterbury players didn't complain and I though they took the loss rather well considering it was a shattering way to lose.
Canterbury can consider themselves very unlucky but they had their chances in the last Quarter and just couldn't take them.
I thought Parkside played better on the day and they too would have been unlucky if they'd lost.
It was a great game and both sides should be proud of their efforts, does anyone know where the preliminary final will be played ?

Any case for an appeal?
Don’t know if there’s a previous case of appeal by Instagram story.

I was there and I thought the siren went just before the ball hit his boot as did everyone that I spoke to after the game from both clubs.
The Canterbury players didn't complain and I though they took the loss rather well considering it was a shattering way to lose.
Canterbury can consider themselves very unlucky but they had their chances in the last Quarter and just couldn't take them.
I thought Parkside played better on the day and they too would have been unlucky if they'd lost.
It was a great game and both sides should be proud of their efforts, does anyone know where the preliminary final will be played ?
Was interesting game. Early thoughts were that Parkside may have had the better cattle but the cobras were the better set up team. Any word on #2 for Parkside? Saw that he had ice on the hamstring early in the game.

I’ve heard it’s gonna be at Garvey.

Congratulations to South Melbourne and Parkside on their promotion to D2. Great effort by Parkside in particular to go from 4th to a Grand Final.

Unlucky to not have Parkside reserves in the GF, EStLthrough to another reserves grand final, stacking blokes in their 2s seems to be a yearly ritual for that mob. Hopefully a change in club name & logo will promote a better of culture.

Westbourne to D4 and I am guessing NB will make a stance to stay in D3 being unlucky 2nd last.

Parkside & SMD in D2 for 2023
Powerhouse & Yarra/Manningham in D3 for 2023
Would leave 9 teams in D2 per traditional system of 2 up, 2 down.

Westb & NB in D4 for 2023
Plus Swinburne and La Trobe coming up from D4 for 2023.. This would leave 9 teams for D3 per traditional system of 2 up, 2 down.

Westbourne & NB in D4 for 2023
Leave same amount of teams as 2022 - making 7 teams total. Perhaps 1 club might come up for clubbies? But 7 teams would suffice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parkside & SMD in D2 for 2023
Would leave 9 teams in D2 per traditional system of 2 up, 2 down.

Westb & NB in D4 for 2023
Plus Swinburne and La Trobe coming up from D4 for 2023.. This would leave 9 teams for D3 per traditional system of 2 up, 2 down.

Westbourne & NB in D4 for 2023
Leave same amount of teams as 2022 - making 7 teams total. Perhaps 1 club might come up for clubbies? But 7 teams would suffice.
Surely we go back to even competitions...surely?

Interesting to see Theo & Kosta Gallos from Parkside reported last weekend. 2 weeks each for umpire abuse.
Thing is Theo Gallos is listed as player but Kosta isnt!
Supporter, coaching staff, water boy???
Parkside lost the game by a point! Hopefully this incident wasnt a key factor?

Interesting to see Theo & Kosta Gallos from Parkside reported last weekend. 2 weeks each for umpire abuse.
Thing is Theo Gallos is listed as player but Kosta isnt!
Supporter, coaching staff, water boy???
Parkside lost the game by a point! Hopefully this incident wasnt a key factor?
Was after the final siren I’m pretty sure it’s father and son and the father was boundary umpire that day.

Surely we go back to even competitions...surely?
They also need to eliminate the 11th team in Prem C

Prem A to Prem B: 2 down, 2 up
Prem B to Prem 2: 2 down, 2 up
Prem C to Div 1: 2 down, 1 up
Div 1 to Div 2: 2 down, 1 up
Div 3 to Div 2: Either 2 down, 2 up or 1 down, 1 up.
Div 3 to Div 4: 2 down, 1 up

They also need to eliminate the 11th team in Prem C

Prem A to Prem B: 2 down, 2 up
Prem B to Prem 2: 2 down, 2 up
Prem C to Div 1: 2 down, 1 up
Div 1 to Div 2: 2 down, 1 up
Div 3 to Div 2: Either 2 down, 2 up or 1 down, 1 up.
Div 3 to Div 4: 2 down, 1 up
1 down from Prem B will fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back