Hawthorn by 3 points
Point Cook by 17 points

Ressies
Canterbury by 11 points
Manningham by 70 points
Westbourne by 138 points
Hawthorn by 1 point
Chadstone by 2 points

Looking forward to 2 huge games against West Brunny!

Canterbury over North Brunswick by 45pts
Manningham over Box Hill by 9pts
Westbourne over Dragons by 30pts
West Brunswick over Hawthorn by 6pts
Point Cook over Chadstone by 55pts

Some ripping games this week with manningham box hill to be as interesting as the wb hawthorn game.
This week should really show where the dragons are with their recent improvement as they come up against westbourne.

Point cook and canterbury to win comfortably

Match of the season to date with Point Cook taking on the Synners!! I mean West Brunswick taking on the Hawks!! By the look of things the reserves will go the way of Brunswick and the ones will go to Hawthorn. Tips as follows......

Canterbury by 12 goals
Manningham by 6 goals
Westbourne by 3 points
Hawthorn by 2 goals
Point cook by 100

Doing a little research these boys out of 6 for some and 7 for others have been in their clubs best at least 5 times. I notice West Brunswick and Hawthorn only have one player each with 4 times in the best mentioned. This looks to point straight to depth quality. Makes it impossible to pick a league best and fairest.

Carl Chesterman, Michael Culliver and Adam Salamane (Westbourne)
Barry Langley (Point Cook)
Simon Mair (North Brunswick)
Brett Polkinghorne, Nicholas Boothman (Chadstone)

Anyone want to take a stab in the dark for the medal? My guess in Tremewen back to back

14_08_d4.gif

:thumbsu: Pt Cook

Well it looks like that D4 in both Seniors and Reserves has been settled. Comprehensive statements by the looks by both the undefeated teams. Fosters assume you were there - thoughts? A 'Golden' (apologies for the attempted pun) performance by the Hawks, surely must make them unbackable now. Certainly tightens up those playing for 2nd now with West B, Cant and Manningham at about even odds.

Interesting question, who will the bye be best for?

I'd think West B and Westbourne will be loving it, whereas Manningham, Point Cook, Dragons & Canterbury would love the momentum to keep going.

Looking forward to Rnd 9:

How big will Manningham v Canterbury & WB V BHN be in shaping the final 4.

If that is true and the seniors of WB are not great but the Ressies are superior then why are there not more ins and outs each week. Surely that much pressure on the players in the ones from below would drive performances up. Or are many twos players simply not looked at?

If that is true and the seniors of WB are not great but the Ressies are superior then why are there not more ins and outs each week. Surely that much pressure on the players in the ones from below would drive performances up. Or are many twos players simply not looked at?

Maybe they just had a bad day... It happens!

true and hopefully for the competition that's the case. Results would suggest their reserves are untouchable so just thinking many of these blokes would boost the ones having seen both sides earlier in the year.

Hawks looking great! Who is that full forward? 40 odd goals, on track for a 100 goal season? that'll be great for D4 footy...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was there on the day. Battling away in the ressies.
WB 2's are very very good. A lot of players who could easily slot in to most clubs seniors.
Both games were excellent standard. The seniors was a great contest up until 3/4 time with the margin never more than 3 goals. Not sure what happened to them in the last.
I think they must have gone home because there were no WB players at the after match....

some mixed bag of games to come this weekend..
couldnt see WB going down two in a row Vs Box hill
Dragons will take it out over chadstone one's may be a closer game not the two's

The cobras vs canterbury would have to be match of the round woulndt it?

North to beat point cook and keep there finals hopes still there

Westbourne would be a long hop to pull something agaisnt the hawks wouldnt they..?
the 2nds although may be a tough one for hawks would like to see that.

you cant beat Sam gold from last week can ya moving to CHF and kicking a bag full agaisnt the only other
good team in the comp

Hi all,
Been a very long time since my last post. But thought I'd let those interested know that over the weekend the cobras lost one of their club legends. Rod "Rocket" Sheehan died in a ski racing accident. Rocket is a 40 year veteran/legend/life member, and current Vice President of the club.
All at the Cobras are grieving the loss of such a passionate supporter.
Many of you will have dealt with, played against or simply been yelled at by Rod.
RIP Rocket.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...at-murray-bridge/story-fnii5yv4-1226946749218

some mixed bag of games to come this weekend..
couldnt see WB going down two in a row Vs Box hill
Dragons will take it out over chadstone one's may be a closer game not the two's

The cobras vs canterbury would have to be match of the round woulndt it?

North to beat point cook and keep there finals hopes still there

Westbourne would be a long hop to pull something agaisnt the hawks wouldnt they..?
the 2nds although may be a tough one for hawks would like to see that.

you cant beat Sam gold from last week can ya moving to CHF and kicking a bag full agaisnt the only other
good team in the comp

These sort of statements were floating around about the Mighty Hawks last year.....

Hi all,
Been a very long time since my last post. But thought I'd let those interested know that over the weekend the cobras lost one of their club legends. Rod "Rocket" Sheehan died in a ski racing accident. Rocket is a 40 year veteran/legend/life member, and current Vice President of the club.
All at the Cobras are grieving the loss of such a passionate supporter.
Many of you will have dealt with, played against or simply been yelled at by Rod.
RIP Rocket.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/...at-murray-bridge/story-fnii5yv4-1226946749218

I had forgotten his name until now, but I know that I played (and umpired) against Rod in the reserves a bunch of times. I'm sure he was loved by all at Bulleen, probably as much as he was loathed by all the opposition club umpires and reserves players. I'm sure I sent him off for umpire abuse the last time I was at Bulleen! Sad to hear this news, it puts things like that in perspective. Thanks for sharing that Plugger. RIP Rod.

I had forgotten his name until now, but I know that I played (and umpired) against Rod in the reserves a bunch of times. I'm sure he was loved by all at Bulleen, probably as much as he was loathed by all the opposition club umpires and reserves players. I'm sure I sent him off for umpire abuse the last time I was at Bulleen! Sad to hear this news, it puts things like that in perspective. Thanks for sharing that Plugger. RIP Rod.
Waz - if it was umpire abuse; well, you've got the right bloke!

A super clubman, friend & tormentor of all not Manningham. He was ever present around the place & will be sorely missed.

My tips for round 9.
Seniors
Dragons 30 points
Canterbury by 5 points
North Brunswick 8 points
West Brunswick 45 points
Hawthorn 48 points

Ressies
Dragons 45 points
Canterbury 16 points
North Brunny 11 points
West Brunswick 87 points
Hawthorn 27 points

Few close matches this week I think. Will be good to see where everyone is at after playing everyone once.

My tips for round 9.
Seniors
Chadstone v Dragons 64 points
Manningham v Canterbury by 15 points
West Brunswick v Box Hill North 28 points
Point Cook v North Brunswick 8 points
Westbourne v Hawthorn 78 points

If West Brunswick and Manningham salute, can basically shut the door on the final four.
Ressies
Chadstone v Dragons 23 points (you heard it first here)
Manningham v Canterbury by 64 points
West Brunswick v Box Hill North 168 points
Point Cook v North Brunswick 58 points
Westbourne v Hawthorn 6 points

Chadstone v Dragons 60 points
Manningham v Canterbury by 28 points
WB v Box Hill North 32 points
PC v North Brunswick 21 points
Westbourne v Hawthorn 90 points

Just throw a few more tips out there to spread out peoples opinions.

People really rating manningham and box hill at this stage of the year, is great to see them having success after previous years. However is it possible that the quality of the mid range teams this year has dropped off compared to last year?

Curious to know people opinions of the standard of the comp overall compared to previous seasons.

round 9

Tough slog at water logged point cook in horrible conditions. Credit to the North Brunswick guys who had heaps of blokes and supporters hang around for a beer.

Scoreless both sides in horrendous conditions where you could not see the other side of the ground in the last quarter to tie in with the world cup.

Would have been easy for blokes to get home into the warmth, but they stuck around. Good work lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back