Do we consider selling home games?

Should we consider selling home games?

• No, 11 games at the Gabba is essential, even if we're at the bottom of the ladder

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Yes, but only 1 or 2.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Yes, Hawthorn/Launceston or Giants/Canberra style deals.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, AFL expansion fails, blame the Queenslanders for being band-wagoners.

It's purely a Qld thing too btw. Now that Port have started winning, maybe we can borrow some of their bay covers.

Then do you agree/disagree there is a bandwagon type attitude in brisbane?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you're not going to bother to read replies to your posts and instead just parrot your talking points, you're not actually contributing anything to the discussion and might as well move along - consider this a warning. But for the record, here's the reply I posted 12 hours ago:

They do. Same as Sydney. In both towns you see it time and again, with only a few exceptions - the crowds for the Roar and the Reds were paltry, then they started winning and they skyrocketed. We used to sell out the Gabba until we started dropping off - now our crowds are a fraction of what they were. Sydney FC has the same experience, Swans as well - when I first came down here in '04, there were almost more Lions supporters than Swans at a game at the SCG. Most of the NRL teams in Sydney have similar fair weather supporters. The Broncos are basically the only exception to the rule in either town, and that's really unlikely to change.

Stockland Park at Kawana can be configured for AR games. The Sunshine Coast QLD Cup team uses it and looks pretty schmick with a couple of grandstands.

Looks like potential, central location & surrounding space to develop.

Even if we could get 2% of the locals interested in the club, that's 5000 potential extra members, plus some more sponsors.

haha, "The Hill"
SONGs-Toon-OlBoy-Club.jpg

I know the Lions give quite a few junior memberships away. My son got two three game memberships (Adult & a Junior) for playing under 10s at Coorparoo last year and this may have been repeated across a number of clubs and districts.

I know the Lions give quite a few junior memberships away. My son got two three game memberships (Adult & a Junior) for playing under 10s at Coorparoo last year and this may have been repeated across a number of clubs and districts.

Probably highlights the point that like a lot of things, just because you don't see it happening or don't know about it doesn't mean its not or at least being looked into.

Back