Do you want the McClelland Trophy?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we want it, better hope the Crows show up next week because Port in Adelaide isn't going to be easy at all.

I am so hoping adelaide do WCE - As they have more at steak than WCE - If Crows loose that one then there out of the 8 and have to win vs cats which is away in Melbourne. Some Come ON TEX WALKER - do us a favour and light them birdie EAGLES.

I am so hoping adelaide do WCE - As they have more at steak than WCE - If Crows loose that one then there out of the 8 and have to win vs cats which is away in Melbourne. Some Come ON TEX WALKER - do us a favour and light them birdie EAGLES.

If the crows win, we can send B team to AO

I want the trophy and there are many reasons why:
  1. It's a trophy - I want it!
  2. If we don't win it, the Eagles will - worst!
  3. We'd get to play fourth in the QF
  4. If we finish second I can see us losing the QF and then being out in straight sets or knocked out by WC in a prelim - nightmare!
  5. If we finish first and win the QF we get a Friday prelim, complete with an extra day off before the Granny
  6. We get to wear purple right through
  7. I'm booked to go down south on prelim weekend - I could go down on the Saturday morning if we get a Friday night prelim, but I doubt I could make a Saturday prelim
That's 7 reasons, so that's a yes from me. Go Crows!

Don't really care for it but for the fact that if we don't finish first then the slime will - and after being top for most of the season.
Ultimately it only really matters if we get the flag so resting players in round 23 is going to be more important - unless of course Adelaide do us a favour and pummel the corporate knobs for us this week then we can have the best of both worlds.

I would prefer to finish 1st but I'm not as concerned as others if we finish 2nd. I still believe our A game will beat the Hawks over here, if we don't bring our A game in a home QF well we don't deserve it.
Bottom line, if we can't get back to our best footy it doesn't matter who we play in the finals, we'll probably get beaten. If we do get back to our best footy we can beat anyone.

It's funny - there's something fascinating in symbolism and subconscious imagery insertion that can take hold of a man's mind.

The trophy itself means nothing, receiving it, observing it, and holding it can do crazy things to the deep unconscious... a man can see a bar of gold and leave his family for an epic treasure hunt.

It could just about create the belief and hunger we need to get over the line - so yes I want it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main reason I am happy to finish second is that I believe we can beat the Hawks at home, I am not so sure of our freinds down the road.
Yes they are playing some good footy but are having to spend a lot of tickets just to get to the pointy end.
There is also a famous saying "dont believe the hype" and finals are a different ball game, lets see some of them handle the step up to finals pressure.
In fact as a team they are relatively inexperienced when it comes to big games.
We all love to bag out Ross's game plan but it generally stands up when the finals pressure comes.

The beauty of beating the hawks in the first week of the finals is they are then guaranteed two trips west in the finals.
If the hawks play the eagles first week and win then they have a smooth run to the GF.

I dont buy the whole needing a trophy either as there is only one trophy that matters, without it the other awards mean nothing.

All I care about is getting to the GF. I don't care how we do or by what permutations.

Its the only thing that matters. Finishing first after H&A is nice but who remembers that after a few years?

All I care about is getting to the GF. I don't care how we do or by what permutations.

Its the only thing that matters. Finishing first after H&A is nice but who remembers that after a few years?

So true, not after a few years bloody who finished first last year i dont remember.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back