Doc Reid needs to answer some questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2009
Belgrave
AFL Club
Geelong
Hird has laid it on the line.

Doc Reid needs to man up an answer questions. How much did Reid know, and when did he know about it? Hird has told that the players did tell Reid what they were injected with. He needs to admit he was complicit. Like Hird says.

Why isn't he being asked this in the media?

Doc Reid needs to man up an answer questions. How much did Reid know, and when did he know about it? Hird has told that the players did tell Reid what they were injected with. He needs to admit he was complicit. Like Hird says.

It is amusing and quite telling that each different party who gets on the media tells a vastly different memory of events. The only way to nut it out would be to have all the parties together publicly.

CAS was comfortably satisfied that Reid was bypassed and not complicit.

None of the participants, other than Hird has said anything different. Until players start coming out and stating categorically that they informed Reid, then I can't see see that he really has that much to answer. Maybe he should have done more to follow up but then again maybe he was kept so far out of the loop that he wasn't in a position to do anything.

Could the AFL have dropped the action against him because he was going to spill the beans on everything before EFC and the AFL could dilute the suspension impact?
there was a deal done to save his career
the old coot should have retired last year and all would have disappeared

It is amusing and quite telling that each different party who gets on the media tells a vastly different memory of events. The only way to nut it out would be to have all the parties together publicly.

always said McD should have interviewed hird, I'm guessing it would have started on stage and finished in the carpark

Tell you what, IF JAMES HAS ANY MORE CHILDREN I'm tipping old Reidy won't be getting near them.

Forceps birth.

probably because Hird is a pathological liar? CAS basically cleared Reid. It was a key part of why they found the players guilty - they were deliberately by passing him.

CAS was comfortably satisfied that Reid was bypassed and not complicit.

None of the participants, other than Hird has said anything different. Until players start coming out and stating categorically that they informed Reid, then I can't see see that he really has that much to answer. Maybe he should have done more to follow up but then again maybe he was kept so far out of the loop that he wasn't in a position to do anything.

Was CAS there? No they weren't.

Hird was there and he said Reid was involved, and did know about the injections. Based on that, he must have given approval. Reid can't know they were given injections, and not have given his approval first.

Reid needs to clarify this publicly, otherwise the AFL will look like a joke. And we can't have that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird was there and he said Reid was involved, and did know about the injections. Based on that, he must have given approval. Reid can't know they were given injections, and not have given his approval first.

Reid needs to clarify this publicly, otherwise the AFL will look like a joike. And we can't have that.
How would Hirdy know? He wasn't involved...

Hird was there and he said Reid was in involved, and did know about the injections. Based on that, he must have given approval. Reid can't know they were given injections, and not have given his approval first.

Reid needs to clarify this publicly, otherwise the AFL will look like a joike. And we can't have that.

Well maybe but based on that 'interview' I'd have to say that nothing else stood up to scrutiny so there is little reason to suddenly have faith in these comments. Reid may know a lot more than he is saying but CAS found him to be a credible witness and Hird seems to somewhat less than credible in my view

probably because Hird is a pathological liar? CAS basically cleared Reid. It was a key part of why they found the players guilty - they were deliberately by passing him.
OK. But Hird has said that Reid did know. Hird trusted Reid.

It doesn't matter what you or I think of Hird. It stands that a key member of that affair has said this. For Reid to keep quiet is the same as agreeing.

Well, yes. But it is clear Hird trusted Doc Reid to do his job, he has knowledge that Reid was aware of the program - otherwise why would he say it. It's out there now. Hird has put Doc Reid right in it. Silence from Reid means Hird was right.

Seems like Hird has gotten the result he desired - deflecting the heat from himself. Considering the players all said they kept Reid out of it, I suspect there was a good reason they did that - Hird, etc, didn't want him to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back