Review Dogs down Blues 79-59

Remove this Banner Ad

They are obviously different types of players, however I feel genuinely safe when Ed is in a position to impact a contest. It's the same feeling I had when Morris was in the side.

He's a robot. Does not make a mistake. Genuine star of the competition now.

Libba is just incredible to watch live. The amount of times the ball is in dispute, surrounded by a group of players and he's the first/only one willing to borrow in and get the footy. Will never get tired of seeing it.

They are obviously different types of players, however I feel genuinely safe when Ed is in a position to impact a contest. It's the same feeling I had when Morris was in the side.

Libba is just incredible to watch live. The amount of times the ball is in dispute, surrounded by a group of players and he's the first/only one willing to borrow in and get the footy. Will never get tired of seeing it.
I will seriously ugly cry the day he announces his hanging up the boots. Until his kid is ready the Dogs just aren't the same without a Liberatore on the list.

I was saying to a mate yesterday that I recon he is the third best bulldog player I’ve seen* behind (in no particular order) Grant and Bont.

*Memories date back to 1990, but I am excluding Doug Hawkins as I do not remember him and I would have only caught the end of his career.

Seems insane that Richards wasn't selected in the 2021 grand final side (and wasn't injured). His progress in the 30 odd games since has been remarkable.
I know he was officially injured for the final v. Essendon.

I know he was officially injured for the final v. Essendon.
He played 5 games up to round 21 before being dropped for rounds 22 and 23. Missed the first half of the season with an ankle, and had a shoulder for the first final but couldn't force his way into the side for the later finals (maybe wasn't 100% because of his earlier setbacks). Would be one of the first picked now.

Not sure what game you watched but all 3 of our backline talls stood Curnow through out the game including the last qtr... Nothing changed? When Carlton went in there fwd fifty 29 times in the 1st half for 1 goal (yep 1 goal) nothing changed, if curnow went up the ground Keith would generlly be the one to pick him up, if he went deep Gardy got the job most of the time (depending on the rest of the make up of Carltons fwd line). In the last qtr Curnow started deep and Gardy stood him, late in the game when Curnow started around 30 mtrs out Jones stood him. Curnow actually had 2 of his 3 last qtrs scores on Jones (free kick on the 50 for a point & a snap in the fwd pocket for another behind). I get it you don't like Keith and the coach but don't tell people to wake up who have differing opinions specially when yours may not be as accurate as you want them to be?
Well well, look who’s been dropped this week champ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back