Status
Not open for further replies.

Bifrost

All Australian
Sep 14, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
OK, so I'm new to SuperCoach and I've joined a league with my brother-in-law and one of his mates has decided to test out the following cheat (see below). Does anyone know if this is going to work or if he's screwed himself?

Clearly this cheat stuffs you in terms of overall points (you score a big, fat 0 points for Rounds 1 & 2), but if you're only in the game for bragging rights on your mates and they either don't notice or don't care, then this can make you some big bucks and give you a big boost to winning your league:
=============================

1. Pre-lockout for Round 1, you pick a few (maybe 22) players. You leave all your emergencies empty.
  2. You suck up 0 points for 2 rounds.
  3. Pre-lockout for Round 3, you check all the BEs of all the players in the league and pick up absolutely every one of the top 8 rooks/mid-price improvers.
=============================

He's also said that at the moment his team screen still reports unlimited trades available (don't know how this works).

Is this common? Has anyone tried this? Does it work? How bloody dodgey is it?

It's not a cheat because you don't need to have signed-up prior to round 1.

You can actually register at any stage during the competition.

That's hilarious!

There is a slight problem, however, seeing as you only have 20 trades once your side is locked in. I am assuming that after rounds 5 or 6 he will trade in two new premiums a week using excess cash and price increases?

Even being brutal regarding player abilities, I would say that my team (at creation) has 11 premiums (although a couple more probably are too). that means for your friend to have a team which only equals my current one (not that it is necessarily special), he will have to waste 11 trades, and wait until half way through the season. Even then, he will only have 9 trades left for the year, when I currently have 20 - plus, I also currently have some great rookies and mid priced players.

To get to that number of premiums (say 11), it would probably take him until after rounds 11 or 12. By that time, I would hope to have at least another 5 or 6.

So by the end of round 11 or 12 say, the best teams in the comp are likely to have somewhere around 17 premiums (give or take one or two). Your mate's team is likely to only have 11 or 12 by then, and he won't have many trades left.

Sounds like fun, but I don't think it's as good as he thinks it will be.

Same thing has happened in one of the cash leagues im in. Two players didnt submit a full side pre round 1. Now I think they get the advantage of selecting a side in round 2 or 3. I see this as massive advantage i.e picking all the gun rookies, not picking someone who is injured or had poor form for their first game or two.

Its a massive disadvantage if your trying to win the whole comp, but if ya just trying to win ya league you can really get off to a flyer...

Its done my head in also! Coz i figure if i did the exact same thing my team would be way stronger come round 4 for the league games.

That's hilarious!

There is a slight problem, however, seeing as you only have 20 trades once your side is locked in. I am assuming that after rounds 5 or 6 he will trade in two new premiums a week using excess cash and price increases?

Even being brutal regarding player abilities, I would say that my team (at creation) has 11 premiums (although a couple more probably are too). that means for your friend to have a team which only equals my current one (not that it is necessarily special), he will have to waste 11 trades, and wait until half way through the season. Even then, he will only have 9 trades left for the year, when I currently have 20 - plus, I also currently have some great rookies and mid priced players.

To get to that number of premiums (say 11), it would probably take him until after rounds 11 or 12. By that time, I would hope to have at least another 5 or 6.

So by the end of round 11 or 12 say, the best teams in the comp are likely to have somewhere around 17 premiums (give or take one or two). Your mate's team is likely to only have 11 or 12 by then, and he won't have many trades left.

Sounds like fun, but I don't think it's as good as he thinks it will be.
No he can pick any team he likes even if he entered in round one. There is no limit to picking your team if it's empty or half full.

No he can pick any team he likes even if he entered in round one. There is no limit to picking your team if it's empty or half full.

I was talking about after the lockout for round three when his team is set in stone. Then he will only have 20 trades, and will have a team entirely full of rookies with some mid priced players.

I was talking about after the lockout for round three when his team is set in stone. Then he will only have 20 trades, and will have a team entirely full of rookies with some mid priced players.

The issue is actually that the team selected will be the best of the premiums, middies and rookies and he will still have 20 trades left in round 3. As you do not verse anyone for first 3 rounds he doesn't care. The only downside is he loses any chance for the ultimate prize. However, if it is a cash league and they have no sense of fair play, then its a legitimate tactic that is very biased for the late entrant.

The issue is actually that the team selected will be the best of the premiums, middies and rookies and he will still have 20 trades left in round 3. As you do not verse anyone for first 3 rounds he doesn't care. The only downside is he loses any chance for the ultimate prize. However, if it is a cash league and they have no sense of fair play, then its a legitimate tactic that is very biased for the late entrant.

Exactly!

Ahh. I missed the '8' in the original post! :) oops! :D Teaches me to post after going to the pub at lunch!

Well the tactic is in fairly poor spirit, but it's technically legit. He will have an advantage early on, but it doesn't mean he is a certainty for your premiership. A huge part is how good/lucky your upgrade targets are and how many unexpected injuries you get.

Last year I brought in P Burgoyne, Sam Mitchell, Cooney, and Milburn mid season as very high priced upgrades who failed dismally after I got them in. Then Chad, Pav, & Porp self destructed. My team was 22nd in the whole of Supercoach after r16, and I didn't even win my league in the end!

It's all about the trades, so hopefully the OP can make better trades and still beat his brother-in-law.

Sounds like something Carlton would be interested in Arrr ha ha ha ha ha ha I said it and it's ok cause I'm a Carlton supporter!!!

Seriously, I think it is very sneaky and devious.......I love it!! :D

Well there's no cash changing hands in our league, so for us it's not devastating, but my point was that it's a pretty big hole in the system if you are playing for cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who has finished in the finals the last 4 years of super coach but never won the Grand Final!! I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to do this exact thing........My mates are of the opinion that i couldnt log into Supercoach at the last minute rush!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:):thumbsu:

Someone who has finished in the finals the last 4 years of super coach but never won the Grand Final!! I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to do this exact thing........My mates are of the opinion that i couldnt log into Supercoach at the last minute rush!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:):thumbsu:

You dirty swine! :D

One of my bros mates asked me last night if I could remove his team from my league and then he would be able to re-enter it and make his team from scratch cause it sucked! :eek: I replied back to him and said "I don't have the power to remove you, I can only remove Sheeds!" Some dill kept on adding Sheeds all the time when there were only a few spots left. :rolleyes:

I told him even if I could remove him then it wouldn't be fair on the rest of the league if he could just re-enter and make his team all over again.

My last word to him was "You have 20 trades mate, I suggest you start using them!" :p

His reply was "I'll have a pretty good team by round 12 but no trades left. Lucky I will have good bench players!" :D

Should be interesting watching his team this season. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back