Dud Brothers

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Sam Power can still be a player, he's just a bit like Hahn / Hargrave, in that its hard to find a good matchup for him week in and week out. Hopefully he continues to push for selection though, its always handy to have someone like Sam who can play utility off the bench and do whatever is required for the coach on game day.

Go_Dogs said:
I think Sam Power can still be a player, he's just a bit like Hahn / Hargrave, in that its hard to find a good matchup for him week in and week out. Hopefully he continues to push for selection though, its always handy to have someone like Sam who can play utility off the bench and do whatever is required for the coach on game day.
I would have thought that Hargrave is such a versatile player as he can play on smalls and talls and therefore easy to find a matchup for him.

At this point, I would liek to remind everyone we also had the Bassett brotehr on our list for a while too.

Jury still out on Power for mine. At some other clubs he would be starting 22.

Probably can add in Ayce as well sadly.....
At least we managed to keep the god one in that scenario. Ditto Grant & Atkins.

That's the secret - we have to draft both. Worried about what happens if we draft Curnow

At least we managed to keep the god one in that scenario. Ditto Grant & Atkins.

That's the secret - we have to draft both. Worried about what happens if we draft Curnow

Technically, even if both are total duds - you will still get both the good and the bad one in that situation - the real challenge lies in making sure at least one of them is actually at AFL standard....

Power was incredibly unlucky to be dropped this week. Watch the replay and see how many goals he dished out. He had at least 4 goal assists that I can remember.

He's no dud.
We had too many mediums up forward at the time.

If we had a young Power now he'd be a gun across half forward/wing

Was pushed out due to being surplus.

Love this bump Mof, short but good read

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy seeing 10+ year old thread resurrection.

I'm offended by old threads getting bumped

http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/crying/fullsize/Baby-4decaf42ef33c_hires.jpg

We've Got Sam Power

[To the tune of 'He's Got The Power' by the Exciters, early 60s]

Our Sam can do things Luke just cannot do
Our Sam can play like Luke just cannot play
No matter what the Lions might say
We can't stop saying we adore him
Can't stop raving about him
We've got Sam Power, Sam Power - the best of the two

Sam saves the day in every match we play
He dares to go where others dare not go
For us he'd go to hell and back I know
And we can't stop saying we adore him

His bro could never catch him
So suck on that ol' Lethal Leigh
The Doggies fans just love him
And cheer him when he shows us
He's the player Luke could never be -
Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Our Sam can do things Luke just cannot do
Our Sam can play like Luke just cannot play
No matter what the Lions might say
We can't stop saying we adore him

A little bit off the topic but somewhat related - in 1999 as part of a century of football the Herald sun did a series of footy lift outs on each club. In the Western Bulldogs one there is part of an article that starts ..."The Dogs lost other players, too, through ineptitude mainly. When geelong star forward Lindsay White became available the club's talent scouts wasted no time tearing down the highway to sign him up, but somehow signed his brother instead. White went to South Melbourne and was instrumental in the Swans' first semi final win over the dogs in 1942."

No mention is made of the brother's career so not sure if he comes under the dud brother clause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back