Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with connors on this one, there are a lot of richmond flogs about

I'll proudly admit to being a Richmond Flog, if Dan Connors ADMITS to being a Failed Richmond Footballer Flog.

Hack grade footballer & Twitter biatch.

We paid your wages and you bombed Connors.

Just be thankful this isn't Cotchin, he would probably be eligible for tax exempt status ;)

If the club actually, as reported went up to $550,000, after Commission and Tax, he would get $323249.15, which is only $24,750 less than what he would get on a contract worth $600,000 like he wants. Seems absolutely petty to do this for $25,000.

Might be a strange way of looking at it, bit Ralf Carr being an entertainers manager is used to handling clients with no social restrictions at all as they are free to do (with in reason) what ever they want in their own time, maybe its him (with a little prodding from Dusty) who is driving this agenda with Richmond and putting a spanner in what should be a fairly straight forward contract.

It has been reported that Carr is gobsmacked at just how one sided AFL contracts are and how clubs can have a say on who players can and can't associate with.

Martin is not just a midfielder he is a forward as well:rolleyes:

If he was just a midfielder would we be having this discussion?:cool:
Agree he is midfielder and forward ........however if we're talking total package, he's also really high maintenance and questionably a bad influence and culture sapping. All these things need to be considered when weighing up potential value.

If the club actually, as reported went up to $550,000, after Commission and Tax, he would get $323249.15, which is only $24,750 less than what he would get on a contract worth $600,000 like he wants. Seems absolutely petty to do this for $25,000.

No doubt there has to be more than money involved

Club offered $500,000, so, with Carr's commission ($50,000), and the current tax level ($54,547 + $0.45 for every dollar over $180,000) leaves Dustin with a tad under $300,000.

$500,000
- $50,000 (Carr's commission)
- $54,547 (Flat Tax)
- $96,953.85 (Tax per dollar over $180,000)
= $298,499.15

Dusty wants $600,000.

$600,000
- $60,000 (Carr's commission)
- $54,547 (Flat Tax)
- $137,453.85 (Tax per dollar over $180,000)
= $347,999.15

So, Dusty/Carr may be holding out for another $100,000, but in essence, Martin is only going to be making an extra $49,500 a year at another club than he would at Richmond, which seems pretty petty, given how much time and effort we have put into him. Doesn't seem worth it, especially if he gets shipped of interstate, which means he is going to eat into that profit just setting himself up.
Send this to Dusty on Twitter. ...

It has been reported that Carr is gobsmacked at just how one sided AFL contracts are and how clubs can have a say on who players can and can't associate with.
Carr is an idiot if he doesn't realise that those stipulations are in Dusty's best interests. Displays a complete lack of understanding of the expectations of the footy industry.

Club offered $500,000, so, with Carr's commission ($50,000), and the current tax level ($54,547 + $0.45 for every dollar over $180,000) leaves Dustin with a tad under $300,000.

$500,000
- $50,000 (Carr's commission)
- $54,547 (Flat Tax)
- $96,953.85 (Tax per dollar over $180,000)
= $298,499.15

Dusty wants $600,000.

$600,000
- $60,000 (Carr's commission)
- $54,547 (Flat Tax)
- $137,453.85 (Tax per dollar over $180,000)
= $347,999.15

So, Dusty/Carr may be holding out for another $100,000, but in essence, Martin is only going to be making an extra $49,500 a year at another club than he would at Richmond, which seems pretty petty, given how much time and effort we have put into him. Doesn't seem worth it, especially if he gets shipped of interstate, which means he is going to eat into that profit just setting himself up.

Without getting too indepth tax nerd style, sportsmen have their own tax concessions the ATO gives them such as income averaging and he'd be getting a tax deduction from the massive player agent fees and a myriad of other things so I think his take home income would actually end up quite a bit more inflated than the above but I do think the representation of the incremental differentiation is close enough and does show he's making a big deal over not a huge gain.

Without getting too indepth tax nerd style, sportsmen have their own tax concessions the ATO gives them such as income averaging and he'd be getting a tax deduction from the massive player agent fees and a myriad of other things so I think his take home income would actually end up quite a bit more inflated than the above but I do think the representation of the incremental differentiation is close enough and does show he's making a big deal over not a huge gain.

I thought you said you weren't going to get "too indepth tax nerd style"??? ;)

Hey Ralph....
Do you realise that you are dealing with a club and players and supporters that are united.

What exactly are you united with? What are you values?

I suggest everyone feel free to call, mail, drop by and have a chat with him..... if he is not 'on holidays'. I'm sure he would be happy to discuss how he has Dustin Martin's long term interests, as a person as well as a footballer as his number one priority.... and of course not sh*tting on the clients he deals with (ie. the RFC, that will also serve as an example to all the other clubs he may ever have to deal with..... nice job with Cloke at Collingwood.... I'm sure they love you).

RCM Australia Office, Lennox House
229 Lennox Street, Richmond
PO Box 2319, Richmond, Victoria 3121, Australia
phone +61 3 9428 4862
Ralph Carr contact rc@ralphcarr.com

Now this just makes me sad......

RFC_Values.jpg

Jesus Dusty..... do you not see we (and all the staff and players) think of you as family and want you to stay as such.... to be rewarded as part of a successful team, and to be nurtured as a human being?
Money does not ultimately make people happy. It's success, family and love that do. You will have all that at RFC..... 65,000 of us showed that the last game you played.
And our president and captain had you live with them. Choco has nurtured you.
Get it?

Dude do you work for H&R Block?.. So complicated :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is not just a midfielder he is a forward as well:rolleyes:

If he was just a midfielder would we be having this discussion?:cool:

There are genuine replacements for a mid/forward...
You said there could be household trades and how do we sell a premiership window to the likes of Lids! T

THE CLUB IS BIGGER THAN ONE INDIVIDUAL.....

I guarantee if we lose Dustin Martin, it will not spark household trades and we will still be on the right track.
Enough with the negativity, the way you are talking seems like we will back down the bottom again.... Spare me the dribble please.

Fastest thread to 60 pages ever! And still flying. Just sign up Dusty so that we can trade you for Tom Boyd or keep you if you promise to keep on the straight and narrow!

Carr is an idiot if he doesn't realise that those stipulations are in Dusty's best interests. Displays a complete lack of understanding of the expectations of the footy industry.

More a lack of respect rather than understanding.

Only in it for the $$. With the massive escalation in player payments he saw it as a huge opportunity for him rather than relying solely on trying to make a quid out of a struggling local entertainment industry.

Hope we give him $20 to catch the bus to Footscray and a feed.

Give him $520,000 and be done with it.

He'll sign for that much and he's worth it. He can come live with me in Seddon if he likes too.

when the fat controller weighs in, ala the james hird should stand down statement ,you should listen

having said that the arguments about an extra 25k nett may not apply, many indigenous players have walked away from footy and suffered much greater monetary loss - simply because they didn't like the constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back