Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next 2 years will tell us whether he's worth what he's asking. But if he just keeps plodding along like he has recently then his price will be clear. Needs to average at least 25disposals if he wants his price to go up IMO.

He's probably had his best year since being at the club this year. I would think that having disposal averages linked to financial contracts is a ridiculous notion. It would only lead to selfish behaviour and disrupt team harmony....

That's funny I went out and splurged on a DVD the other day. You guessed it, that classic piece of Australiana......The Castle. Only watched it a couple of nights ago. My favourite scene was when the policeman asked him if he'd been anywhere that night after he'd just gone out and ripped this guys gates off with his tow truck. He says no mate everyone in this house will tell you I've been here. Cop finishes talking with him then says...mate might be an idea to drive those gates round the back. The he leaves.....
:D

He's probably had his best year since being at the club this year. I would think that having disposal averages linked to financial contracts is a ridiculous notion. It would only lead to selfish behaviour and disrupt team harmony....
You're saying contracts arent performance based?

You heard it first here.

Ralph Carr has now dug his heals and wants at least $750k plus reimbursement for 2 x Sydney flights and car hire.

Carr has demanded that Richmond either accept this or he will commence negotiations with the Rabbitohs, Perth Glory and the Melbourne Vixens.

You heard it first here.

Ralph Carr has now dug his heals and wants at least $750k plus reimbursement for 2 x Sydney flights and car hire.

Carr has demanded that Richmond either accept this or he will commence negotiations with the Rabbitohs, Perth Glory and the Melbourne Vixens.

Vixens are early front-runners according to my sauce

http://web.stagram.com/n/dustinlmartin/

Click on the first pic, it's a video. That's a NSW beach... uploaded yesterday.
This one has me puzzled, I thought he was spotted out and about Sat night in Melbourne? Did he fly back to NSW yesterday? No way this was taken the day of his GWS meeting. It was not hot that day, 18 degrees (if you remember Dustin was in a black jumper).

It is Tamarama. One cove around from Bondi.

Please Tiger71, Enlighten us with your inside information... or has your work disabled your use of the internet at work???

Tiger71 = has as much inside info as my left nut...

we all know who is gonna sign.. its just a matter of when

Vixens are early front-runners according to my sauce

I think you are correct. It's no secret that the Vixens have been waiting for Irene Van Dyk to be on the end of a Dusty "don't argue" for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only thing that sucks buddy is that you will never have a chance with her :thumbsu: ..... shes not on it because she needs to be, so dont go down talking my sister on a footy forum. Also, for what its worth, i have it to, and believe you me,its the easiest place in the world to pick up

Yeah. That's what I was referring to you goose. Settle down.

so in 2 years time when he's really worth $600k, he'll then want $800k and hold out again. This bloke is selfish, immature, misguided and not a team player. He's trouble, he plays for himself, not the team.

lol RFC supporters can't see the forest from the trees on this one.

I've become too emotional on this issue.

Fixed

Yeah...pretty sure I read somewhere today that things (i gather meaning contracts) will be looked at again over the course of this week.

Need some inside info Tiger71 we starting to get restless :eek:

Hey wart101,

I'll rehash what I know which mind you has already been mentioned now by media sources. The main thing in life I live for is to make sure posters like kozi01 have full and utter faith in my posts :p.

I had mentioned in a conversation that Hardwick was meeting Martin - I believe he met him friday for a beer. Anyone that is in my conversation group feel free to confirm that I posted that on Monday last week :). I had heard Leppa would be with him but it seemed only Hardwick saw him.

I confirmed the players were texting martin to stay. Again reported in the media that Cotch and co did.

I mentioned that the offer was not pulled as such. We just said, this is the deal and you have till Friday to let us know if your staying to resume negotiations. posted that as well Monday I believe and that was confirmed that there was a deadline in the media first via lade then via the "jurnos".

I mentioned on Friday, was the reason I had to wait till 3pm that Martin came back and told us he wants to stay. That was confirmed like 20 mins later from SEN then now the press is all about how he is staying.

My source was very clear. We have a agreement in place for Dusty to stay. What I have heard the original offer of 2 years at 500k most likely will evolve to 3 years at 500k. I am not the only that have heard that. We are in no rush as the agreement was a informal acceptance it is still a acceptance. The formals only need to be signed off on- Again I stated all this Thursday Friday last week.

Just be happy and watch this play out. Now I apoligise I am vague on some points, I need to protect my source. I will say, re read my post very late in the night and then replay the events that happened the week after. That should put your mind at ease.

Also just check my Adams info. Then check the time line. Then make a decision of you decided to believe me or not :)

EDIT- I just re read this and I want to make it clear. I just fell into the trap where it looks like I just big noted myself. That is not the case! I wont be defending myself again, really there is no point. If you have followed what I have said during all this then you either are happy with my info or not, I cant change that BUT I wont be made to look like a tool by seeming to big note myself or my source when i try to defend posts having a go.

So put me on ignore or not, up to you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back