Past Dylan Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dylan Buckley - 2011 Father-Son selection

I see that other people have noticed how skinny this kid looks too. I'm sure working with the training staff and nutritionists will get him stronger and bigger in no time though. I doubt he will ever be huge, but at the same time, guys like Matty Lappin and Kade Simpson have/had pretty good careers without being very big guys though. I don't know much about him as a player, but from what I can gather, I'm assuming he is/will be a sort of speedy outside mid who uses the ball well?

With the number situation, we have the #7 available, so maybe they will give him that number in 2012?

Dylan ran 2.84 seconds to lead the Knights in their 20m trials in November

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_i...ask=DETAIL&articleID=14196918&sectionID=55090

Would be equal 5th if he was at last years Draft Combine which was the fastest ever.

Blues to bypass skinny draft with sons of guns

The Blues have been working with Buckley since early last year and he has just started playing again after completing a six-week rehab program on an injured shoulder.

He will continue to spend time with the club this year but the Blues are mindful of how much football he plays, given he is completing high school and will line up for Vic Metro and the Northern Knights.

Blues to bypass skinny draft with sons of guns

Calder Continues Winning Ways

The Knights, however hit back with three straight goals to Ricky Mullins, Nathan Hrovat and Dylan Buckley to close the margin to only seven points at the half.

For the Knights Nathan Hrovat kicked three goals, Douglas Morris was prolific in the midfield and Dylan Buckley demonstrated his trademark dash.

Northern Knights

Goal Kickers:N. Hrovat 3, N. Maric 2, D. Buckley 2, W. Gleeson , S. Bolger , A. Bonaddio , J. Newnes , R. Mullins , J. Kroussoratis , D. Morris
Best Players: N. Hrovat, D. Morris, T. Totevski, W. Gleeson, D. Buckley, J. Kroussoratis

Calder Continues Winning Ways

Cannons blaze

He said the performance of Dylan Buckley, who had not played a match this year, was encouraging with the son of Carlton champion Jim kicking two goals.

Cannons blaze

Buckley is skinny?

Dylan+Buckley+TAC+Cup+Rd+9+Northern+Knights+K22PKpmbM_Ul.jpg

Dylan+Buckley+TAC+Cup+Rd+9+Northern+Knights+JE7lC6YSok8l.jpg

Dylan+Buckley+TAC+Cup+Rd+9+Northern+Knights+Rx0PuXqyb9Ml.jpg

The club should put Buckley on a diet of chicken fillets and Musashi for the next 12 months.

If the likes of Jaryd Blair, Shane Edwards, Lewis Jetta and Jeff Garlett can survive, then Buckley shouldn't have a problem making the grade.

I would be rapt if he ends up half as good as Brent Harvey.

Smalls can survive if they have blistering pace, smarts and skill.

Another speedy midfielder will fit in very nicely with our developing inside mids in Robbo, Curnow and Cachia. ;)
Once he enters his second or third season, I hope we play him in the backline like Yarran to deliver the ball and run it out.

Couldn't be any worse than Harbrow in that role. :D

Buckley is skinny?

Dylan+Buckley+TAC+Cup+Rd+9+Northern+Knights+K22PKpmbM_Ul.jpg

Dylan+Buckley+TAC+Cup+Rd+9+Northern+Knights+JE7lC6YSok8l.jpg

Dylan+Buckley+TAC+Cup+Rd+9+Northern+Knights+Rx0PuXqyb9Ml.jpg

The club should put Buckley on a diet of chicken fillets and Musashi for the next 12 months.

If the likes of Jaryd Blair, Shane Edwards, Lewis Jetta and Jeff Garlett can survive, then Buckley shouldn't have a problem making the grade.

I would be rapt if he ends up half as good as Brent Harvey.

Smalls can survive if they have blistering pace, smarts and skill.

I'm sure he will survive as well. I was simply saying that it would be nice and would probably help him if he could add some more size without messing up his pace.

I'm sure he will survive as well. I was simply saying that it would be nice and would probably help him if he could add some more size without messing up his pace.
Which you would expect when he fills out like most adults do plus getting on a weights program at a professional AFL club.

Which you would expect when he fills out like most adults do plus getting on a weights program at a professional AFL club.

True. I'm sure he will get bigger and stronger as he matures and gets into full-time training as an AFL player. He just seemed to be even more skinny than most young kids you see coming into the AFL though, which is why I mentioned it.

Dylan Buckley was named in the best for the Northern Knights today:

Northern Knights

Goal Kickers: M. Atta 3, A. Corr 2, N. Maric 2, B. Lee 2, B. Longer 2, T. Totevski , M. Mascoulis , T. McEwan , A. Bonaddio
Best Players: A. Corr, B. Longer, T. Totevski, D. Buckley, L. Apted, D. Morris

http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=120004033&c=1-3020-0-150804-0&pool=1

Stats aren't up yet but he's had a quiet start to the season (statistically, at least) thus far, so promising to see him get named in the best. :thumbsu:

Largely irrelevant, let's see how he goes in the big stuff for Vic Metro. I'll definitely get to watch him again a few times this year, was impressed last year with his speed, skills and decision making off half back.

any 2011 news on Dylan Buckley??

I'm not exactly sure where to look or who he is playing for? I'm interested to get some form info on Dylan Buckley for the early part of 2011. Has he grown anymore yet? what position has he been playing? Has anyone seen him play live before?

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon that the club might trade away the first pick this year in some sort of deal, as we only have to use our first available pick on Dylan, and you can bet that one of the clubs that finished below us ,or even GWS would bid with their first pick for Dylan, which would mean we would have to use our first. We have already committed to taking Dylan so i don't think a rival club would hesitate in testing us out.
No, the bidding is done before trade week.

I thought the F/S bidding was conducted before the trade week as to prevent clubs from doing exactly that BiB. You have to lock down that pick before trade week so you can't try and trade it

EDIT: WOW that took a long time to post. PC connection must be a little f'd

I don't think clubs will bid unless it is a legitimate bid. For some reason I don't think a club would snake us like that, not sure why though.

I don't think clubs will bid unless it is a legitimate bid. For some reason I don't think a club would snake us like that, not sure why though.

They absolutely would. It means there won't be surprises for the other 17 clubs drafting.

I'd be surprised if GWS didn't bid one of their many first rounders to force us to use ours.

They absolutely would. It means there won't be surprises for the other 17 clubs drafting.

I'd be surprised if GWS didn't bid one of their many first rounders to force us to use ours.

Are the GWS able to bid for f/s picks this year ??? For some reason I thought they wern't able to due to the number of 1st rd picks they have.

Are the GWS able to bid for f/s picks this year ??? For some reason I thought they wern't able to due to the number of 1st rd picks they have.

Pretty certain they cant bid for the reasons you mentioned.
We do not have to take Buckley if another club does put in say a 1st round bid and we dont want to use this on him. We only asked the AFL for permission to be able to bid for him or else he would have signed up by GWS as a 17 yo last year.

Pretty certain they cant bid for the reasons you mentioned.
We do not have to take Buckley if another club does put in say a 1st round bid and we dont want to use this on him. We only asked the AFL for permission to be able to bid for him or else he would have signed up by GWS as a 17 yo last year.

On the flip side the AFL will probably be pissed if we don't take him as we prevented him foing to their love child (GWS) as a 17 yr old ...........

At this stage we look like going far enough into September to end up with late picks. Does that mean that an opposition club can bid a second rounder and we will have to use our first OR does it mean that our second rounder will be sufficient if clubs only bid their second rounder?

I figure the answer is the first one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back