Recommitted Dylan Moore - [signed to 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, but that's not the point.

I'm not sure why there's such a whinge over the statement that player X is more likely to leave than player Y because player Y has a contract and player X doesn't.

It's basic logic. That doesn't mean though that player X will leave.
I get that but all SYL is saying is as secure as you think Daicos is there is even less chance that Moore is leaving.
An absolute Hawthorn tragic and a probable vice captain and potential future captain won't be leaving. In many videos with a young player that has been produced by the club in the last year Moore has been along side them. Would be absolute culture killer if he left

If we are wrong then I am sure we will be seeing this thread bumped in October but I'm extremely confident it won't happen

Sure, but that's not the point.

I'm not sure why there's such a whinge over the statement that player X is more likely to leave than player Y because player Y has a contract and player X doesn't.

It's basic logic. That doesn't mean though that player X will leave.
lol exactly

not hard to understand that generally a player out of contract is more likely to leave than a player in contract

I get that but all SYL is saying is as secure as you think Daicos is there is even less chance that Moore is leaving.
Logically that’s just not true though.
If we are wrong then I am sure we will be seeing this thread bumped in October but I'm extremely confident it won't happen
There’s nothing to be wrong about. There was no statement that he would be leaving.

How does Moore feel about wasting a year of his career in a side that is clearly tanking? Will this influence his decision?

Seems like a kid who wants to win and get the best of himself.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

How does Moore feel about wasting a year of his career in a side that is clearly tanking? Will this influence his decision?

He's fine in regards to a team rebuilding (not tanking, silly to think otherwise)

Will be re-signed, no worry at all

Nope. He's a lifelong Hawk's tragic, favoured to be named vice captain.
This is a business decision - not about who he supported growing up.

Ablett - Daniher were also lifelong Cat and Bomber tragics but made business decisions. It’s only fans that think about contracts in a romantic way.

This is a business decision - not about who he supported growing up.

Ablett - Daniher were also lifelong Cat and Bomber tragics but made business decisions. It’s only fans that think about contracts in a romantic way.
False equivalency on both accounts.

Let’s not even think about comparing Moore to Ablett and the money he was being offered. Apples and oranges those scenarios.

Daniher was struggling to get on the field and was unhappy at Essendon.

Moore is a Hawk tragic, playing for the club he loves under a coach he loves, getting plaudits and raised as a possible captain in waiting. He’s no chance of leaving, no matter what people write here.

Moore is a Hawk tragic, playing for the club he loves under a coach he loves, getting plaudits and raised as a possible captain in waiting. He’s no chance of leaving, no matter what people write here.

When will he re-sign then?

Seems he is holding out for more money and/or seeing how deep 2023’s tanking goes.

A future captain who loves the club as much as you say he does would’ve signed by now.

Seems he is holding out for more money and/or seeing how deep 2023’s tanking goes.

A future captain who loves the club as much as you say he does would’ve signed by now.
Didn’t cripps wait till mid year to re-sign? He actually was captain wasn’t he? Guessing he also loved the club

Didn’t cripps wait till mid year to re-sign? He actually was captain wasn’t he? Guessing he also loved the club

I’m not making the same strong claims about Cripps. I have no doubt he thought about leaving Carlton and I have no doubt Moore is assessing his options too.

Had an extraordinary 2 seasons. His manager will know he wants to stay but will also know he's due for a big payday. The Hawks won't feel the need to rush anything on their end either knowing he bleeds brown and gold.

Unsurprising that he hasn't re-signed yet. But it will get done in due time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanking? The season hasn't started and yet we are tanking?

I am sure he will be okay with being sold the fact that we are looking to build in to contending during his prime.

False equivalency on both accounts.

Let’s not even think about comparing Moore to Ablett and the money he was being offered. Apples and oranges those scenarios.

Daniher was struggling to get on the field and was unhappy at Essendon.

You don’t need Ablett type money to be life changing. It’s probably more life changing for guys on the lower amounts who take an extra $1-200k. Moore will be 24 at the end of next year and would’ve made absolutely stuff all out of his career to this point. I’d say it’s a very unlikely that he moves but who knows.

You don’t need Ablett type money to be life changing. It’s probably more life changing for guys on the lower amounts who take an extra $1-200k. Moore will be 24 at the end of next year and would’ve made absolutely stuff all out of his career to this point. I’d say it’s a very unlikely that he moves but who knows.
Agree - the kid will be getting advice from an agent who will want to maximise his earnings. More than likely will stay but you can’t rule it out completely that he can make a move.

What’s top dollar? Is he now looking at 600k? Or is that a stretch? He is in the right team for a front ended pay day.

His manager would know and he’d also know that he is in the right place at the right time to absolutely cash in.
Hawks don’t really have much choice other than to cough up if they want to keep him given the circumstances …

His manager would know and he’d also know that he is in the right place at the right time to absolutely cash in.
Hawks don’t really have much choice other than to cough up if they want to keep him given the circumstances …
Well yes that's how FA works, if Moore and his management demands are too great then we will let him walk (he wont) and will we walk away with another top 5 pick, Picks 1 and 2 as your friend likes to insinuate.

Well yes that's how FA works, if Moore and his management demands are too great then we will let him walk (he wont) and will we walk away with another top 5 pick, Picks 1 and 2 as your friend likes to insinuate.

Reports are he’s a hawthorn guy so would likely want to stay and no doubt the hawks would want to retain him.
That said, he’s a professional and he/his management are in perfect position to cash in and the hawks still have to meet salary cap minimums.
The hawks will pay and Moore will stay …

Band 1? Not sure he is an 800k player. Band 2 is much more likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back