News Eagles Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He really bristled at the contested possessions stat and straight out called the journo wrong (even though I think we are 18th)

Seemed to me that he was well aware of some of the criticism in the press and wasn't happy with it - hopefully that attitude transfers to the players and they do something about it
Interesting listening to that and then hopping over to the ins and outs for the game.
I like a bristling Simmo. Portrays meaning business.
Liked the response to Watson question re playing...'won't be playing for East Perth', after saying Cat B, lots to work on.
Took that as Watson was injured, being rested.
Best of luck to Francis. May dampen the talk of bad drafting in recent years on the board...maybe. Can only hope.

Edit; apologies, Ochre taunt. Got me. Damn

It needs to flow not trickle all 3 of our games have been hardly convincing ..
I thought the boys showed some grit in the last quarter & the latter part of the 3rd last week. Can remember at the time, thinking where has this endeavour been all year? Hurn needs to show more grunt like he did against Buddy. Can only hope it continues and sets the example, he being the captain and all.

hahaha old mate casually dropping the big JC in the review, I'm sure they'd normally try and avoid that sort of thing because there's bound to be someone who doesn't like it - but it must have slipped through the editing process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson on SEN Saturday morning
Scroll down to:
"36:36 Crunch Time 13/05/2017 - Adam Simpson"

Thanks for putting this up

Must admit I was a bit reluctant to keep going with it at first - Brereton, Robinson and Wallace didn't inspire confidence that it would be worthwhile

Boy was I wrong. Really interesting discussion and whilst I didn't agree with everything they said it was a lot better analysis than I've become accustomed to. Simpson doesn't join the conversation until about halfway but when he does there's some great insights into what we're doing

Simpson admits to a shift in focus since the hawthorn loss and one comment that stuck in my mind was that Masten is playing more like a man or words to that affect. Also touched on a shift in philosophy to give the younger players more opportunity

Great listen and actually very encouraging on where we're heading

Simpson admits to a shift in focus since the hawthorn loss and one comment that stuck in my mind was that Masten is playing more like a man or words to that affect. Also touched on a shift in philosophy to give the younger players more opportunity

Love the fact he has repeatedly mentioned giving younger players more opportunities recently and he has backed it up via team selection too. Also, the fact that Priddis' role has lessened and we are rotating more players through midfield and trying different setups. Hopefully, this evolution continues throughout the season.

Thanks for putting this up

Must admit I was a bit reluctant to keep going with it at first - Brereton, Robinson and Wallace didn't inspire confidence that it would be worthwhile

Boy was I wrong. Really interesting discussion and whilst I didn't agree with everything they said it was a lot better analysis than I've become accustomed to. Simpson doesn't join the conversation until about halfway but when he does there's some great insights into what we're doing

Same. I mentioned that in another thread after I heard it on Saturday.

Simpson on SEN Saturday morning
Scroll down to:
"36:36 Crunch Time 13/05/2017 - Adam Simpson"
Excellent, thanks very much Godson.
The commentators were very knowledgable..Dermot so much better than listening to at a game. Knows his stuff Derm.
Robbo talking way more about WCE than on his 360 platform by a zillion percent & good questions.
Simmo gives answers to a lot of what is speculated on this board.
Gee, made me very upbeat listening to Simmo.
Cheers again mate.:thumbsu:

Looking forward to Simmo on the couch tonight & Sumich with Sheenan tomorrow.
You obviously enjoy pain

On the couch will be a series of questions about why we struggle in Melbourne

Half on the interview with Sumich will be questions about us using steroids in the early 90's. The other half will be about why our 2006 premiership is tainted

Actually some of it will be about the choked too, Sumich thought that was the end.

More looking at Simmo's body language. composure and reading between the lines.

Also if JB will tell him directly the team is soft as he has stated (may be paraphrasing there)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back