Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I forgot about Tippett being potentially suspended and got Nankervis confused with Naismith haha.

Yeah if pyke cant play and tippetts out i want another ruck/fwd

Nankervis it is i guess...

Out
Derickx
Buddy
Tippett
Shaw (wishful thinking)

In
Naismith
Nankervis
Towers
Newmann (wishful thinking)

Hoping to see some heart

Surely Tippett just gets fined, it was pretty careless, definitely not intentional. Surely if Furry-toe just gets fined for punching buddy in the head then Tippo getting rubbed out would be ridiculous.

In: Pyke, towers, McGlynn (if fit)
Out: Buddy, Drex, Jones (pending mcglynn. )

Jones should get dropped for mouthing off to the umpire. The property steward should be dropped for packing the wrong boots. Derickx should be dropped for being Derickx. Bring back Paul Chambers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching live I thought Tippetts action was worse. Buddy did move off the ball, but put the shepherd on in the way that the Swans played near would have a better opportunity to gather the ball. Also thought Bud aligned his body to minimize damage for the Tiger. Probably still get a week each tho.

Rhys Shaw under the scope is warranted and predictable. His weaknesses have been masked by tbe game plan, as well as a midfield that at least usually holds it on. As of now Rhys probably is in our best best finals team, but his spot shouldn't be assumed. With Laidler in the back six I don't see why they haven't tried a few different things, especially in games we were never going to lose (eg Carlton)

As is I think our midfield mix is too forward oriented - most of them are capable forwards, and Longmire bangs on about playing multiple roles but how many can play at half back?

Our forward line is dysfunctional at the moment and if Buddy and Tip are rubbed out that might be the impetus for better, more considered inside 50's but I'm not counting on it.

I fully expect the group to do whatever it takes and beat Port Adelaide, but I'm not sure the way we have gone about this season is maximizing our chance to produce our best football in finals.

Three weeks and we're playing Hawthorn again in a game that will go along way to deciding top 4, but unless we improve some areas we'll just be making up numbers anyway.

If pyke Tippett and buddy all miss we have some serious problems.

I can see us getting well beat actually. I don't know where we get a score from.

Kennedy/Parker out of full forward.
Reid more chf time?
Rohan, maybe Towers..

Fortunate we are playing Port really, I think if Bud and Tip do miss it will be more about restricting Ports (Wingards) scoring than anything else.

What is tippetts record like? He may be able to get off with a reprimand if he has a good record
Yeah you never know, the tribunal is a bit of a guess at best. Buddy I can't see getting off but Tippett can't really say he went for the ball either... Would rather be playing a full strength side really, either easy Port 2015 is a bit of a rabble. So it's wet up their?

Still shattered by last night and full impact of yesterday now hitting home.

Reserves game Bird does a shoulder and Robinson a bad ankle so those two out.

Buddy gone and Tippett probably.

McGlynn now been out for a few weeks and surprisingly didn't play yesterday, no certainty for next week

Heeney pulls up sore from training means he is in reality given the type of injury and time off the track still weeks away

Naismith still injured with a groin

Could be the most changes we've had to make in years and little depth to choose from. Not the time to be dropping Shaw.

You boys will win easy

Are form is on a spiraling downwards path

Chances of Mitchell keeping his spot

still think tippett will be availible, his wrist hit first, he genuinely looked surprised when chaplain remenstrated with him which says to me he did not intend to hit or didnt realise he did. Cant think of the last time he was rubbed out so a good record will be on his side

I reckon Tippett will be ok, actually didn't see much in that, although it was reckless. Should be fine/d!

Would like to see Nankervis in for Buddy. Shaw out for McGlynn.

I wonder is Abe Davis will get a run.

Sam Reid will have to be the main forward target against Port.

Reid usually plays on Westoff, who roams all over the field.

It would be a tough ask, but could Davis tag Westoff and play his natural game from the wing?

It could be a tense, close game against Port.
I don't even want to think about a Shaw vs Wingard match up, arrghh....
Shultz, Gray and Westoff are more than a handful as well.

I don't think this is going to be as easy a game as some people are putting it out to be. Port's finals chances hinge on this match and they'll come out breathing fire. We just need the win, don't care if it is a 1 point win just get the win.

still think tippett will be availible, his wrist hit first, he genuinely looked surprised when chaplain remenstrated with him which says to me he did not intend to hit or didnt realise he did. Cant think of the last time he was rubbed out so a good record will be on his side
Don't think good/bad records from prior years are relevant these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back