Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've slept and am a little more relaxed and rational now.

OUT:
Tippett
Franklin
DRex

IN:
BJack
Towers
Nankervis

Everyone needs to chill out and let the boys respond before question our top 4 and top 2 credentials. We could win 13 straight again, or we could continue to stutter with our form for the rest of the season... who knows? Let's wait until next week before making any bold statements. :thumbsu:

Assuming Tippett gets off and Franklin has a break, there might be a silver lining where players learn to hit up people not named Buddy Franklin. Tippett also played his best without bud, so a chance to find form maybe?

I dont know exactly what he said but If Zak Jones was a high profile player I doubt the 50 would have been paid. Players mouth off at the ump all the time. I like the aggression so I hope he hangs around for next week.

Any news on Pyke?

I dont know exactly what he said but If Zak Jones was a high profile player I doubt the 50 would have been paid. Players mouth off at the ump all the time. I like the aggression so I hope he hangs around for next week.
Umps were also way to whistle happy all game

There is no way Tippett should get suspended, should be a fine... worst case should be 1 down to none with an early plea. But the media witch hunt won't allow it and he'll probably get a week, funny how Firritos got laughed off by the commentators when his as a far worse action against Buddy...yet Carey and Ling last night immediately began with the should be suspended talk...Fyfe/Ablett/Selwood does that and you can guarantee they'd be defending him as much as possible saying it should be a fine at worst. If he does get off they'll make it sound like some conspiracy and he was very lucky.

Buddy will almost certainly miss the next 2, no doubt there'll quite a few people trying to him 3 though (no need to guess why:rolleyes:).
The Jones mistake was extremely stupid and normally wouldn't mind seeing him get dropped for that, as a fringe player to make a point, but he's probably legitimately best 22 next week through lack of options. Should be replacing Shaw, but he won't get dropped, but something needs to be done there even if he does a Goodes and just spends a few weeks in he NEAFL finding form (won't happen though). Don't know how fit Newman is, but as a mature ager he's quite possibly the one who could step in and have an immediate impact.

Derickx has to go regardless of whether Pyke is fit, Lobbe (Ryder too if he's back) will tear him apart, Nankervis as the only other option has to come in, he'll get torn apart too more than likely but at least there is the potential for future upside by giving him some exposure. Derickx is a stop gap only and he didn't even do that properly.

Going to be certainly be the weakest side we've fielded this year by a long way, just have to find a way to win can't drop this one if top 2 is any chance. Port are probably one team the bye came at a good time for, expect them to play well this week.

Tippett shouldn't get suspended for that. Fined sure but he didn't have a closed fist and even though he was really late it looked like he was trying to hit the ball out.

As for Buddy, I hope they factor in that he is about half a foot taller so of course he was going to hit him high.

The good thing is neither Tiger player had to go off or was injured.

Who watched the reserves? The truth of the matter is we really need to reward the two best performing reserves players over the past few weeks who are not currently injured. Not doing so sends a wrong impression.

Derickx is not even a stop gap, I genuinely think towers does a better job in the ruck than him, atleast towers jumps an knees the other ruckman, derrickx stands there like a step ladder

Tippett shouldn't get suspended for that. Fined sure but he didn't have a closed fist and even though he was really late it looked like he was trying to hit the ball out.

As for Buddy, I hope they factor in that he is about half a foot taller so of course he was going to hit him high.

The good thing is neither Tiger player had to go off or was injured.
What does a close fist have to do with an elbow? Personally I think he will get fined because he didn't hit him flush but just a stupid thing to do nonetheless

Who watched the reserves? The truth of the matter is we really need to reward the two best performing reserves players over the past few weeks who are not currently injured. Not doing so sends a wrong impression.
If only we had a Reserves thread where such information could be disseminated...

Top 2 gone? WTF?
We are still equal second with a game in hand over 4th.
Can't win the flag? 2nd quarter my wordy lordy we can. 2nd half my wordy lordy we can't.
Still can't believe how bad Drex is, how did he get a contract extension. FMD.
2005 premiership team 1 tenth of the talent, 1 thousand times the ticker.

The whole AFL community is piling into the Swans. What a bunch of sad, miserable f?cks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how many weeks for

Buddy

Tippett

Goodes

Buddy will get 3 and Tippo 1.

Buddy shouldn't get any weeks. I would like to see someone run full tilt then try to stop their momentum in 2 strides. Didn't bump, braced for contact. What was he supposed to do heatbutt him? Tigers played silly buggers getting Edwards concussion tested, that is low and indicative of the type of sh!t the Swans will have to put up with.

Buddy will get 3 and Tippo 1.

Buddy shouldn't get any weeks. I would like to see someone run full tilt then try to stop their momentum in 2 strides. Didn't bump, braced for contact. What was he supposed to do heatbutt him? Tigers played silly buggers getting Edwards concussion tested, that is low and indicative of the type of sh!t the Swans will have to put up with.

Interesting that Edwards didn't get taken off the field straight away, couldn't have been that badly affected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back