Injury Ed Curnow - Shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the insight :p

McLean licking his lips?:D

Seriously though, it was heavily strapped. Bit annoyed that we played him for so long when he could barely move his arm.

Hope he's in for a speedy recovery.

Loved the way the boys flew the flag for him and then each other at quarter time.

He wouldn't have come back on if he'd really done the shoulder. Hopefully just an A.C sublux like Murph last week, fingers crossed he'll be right after the bye

Looked like he was in pain..fingers crossed. should have made him the subbed.

He has stretched ligaments in the shoulder, I did the exact same thing it takes 2-3 weeks to recover from and your fine again.

Basically its painful to move the arm but it feels ok when its relaxed, he will only miss the bye/geelong game and be back the week later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe the stupidity of sending him back out.

As soon as he ran out he looked like he couldnt raise that arm more than a few inches from his side.

****ing ridiculous situation when the other side were always going to target him and his injury when back out there.

Hope it isn't season ending...a shoulder can be a prick of an injury. Certainly could have used a bit of Curnow's roughness in the 3rd when the Saints startred murdering us inside.

AC joint damage can be very severe - separated shoulder, rupture all (3 I think) ligaments, or quite minor - slight sprain, similar to a rolled ankle.

The fact that they strapped him up and sent him back out indicates that the injury is a minor AC joint sprain and shouldn't see him miss more than 1 or 2 games at the most.

From personal experience, when you're warmed up and in the thick of the action you can keep going, but when you cool down at the end of the game you can't move your arm and end up having a few weeks off.

Didn't look great with him coming back on the field. Happy that we bit the bullet though and got him off within a couple of minutes.

Hope he is right for Geelong.

The positive thing would be that if he actually does miss we have an adequate replacement in McLean raring to go.

Depth is a wonderful thing.

Get well soon Ed, your a champion bloke and a fantastic addition to our team.

What did Montagna do? Nothing.

Had a shot at his shoulder when Curnow came back on after the injury. Probably a little low but at the same time I guess he was fair game considering Carlton put him back on the field with an injury.

EDIT: I stand corrected, was definitely right after he injured it.

My gut feeling says he'll be fine. Probably looked a lot worse than it looks. Most of the pain was probably from the nerves getting crunched, they call it a stinger. Will be stiff and sore for a bit but I recon he'll do most of training and play next match.

Thank god next week is the bye and we have McLean up our sleaves.

It's a pity teams often come back lacking intensity after a bye and lose. It would be great to give geelong their first loss (providing they win next week).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back