Rumour Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Because Cruize was an inside midfielder who wanted to go home and Campbell was cut for disciplinary reasons.
Campbell was very hard done by. Who here can say if the opportunity presented itself that they wouldn't push a Posty off his bike and go for a spin? :stern look

I still don't understand why we want him. If we want him so bad, then why did we get rid of Garlett and Campbell last year?
Cruize was never given the chance to play forward and Flash was an idiot (but I've forgiven him now he's playing we'll for the mighty Roosters!)

Whilst I agree an outside mid is the priority who exactly would play on Betts?

When we are not playing a defensive forward we might line up with LT, Betts, Harvey up forward.

To me it similar to the 3 talls policy and matchups being exploited. People being dragged to the square and so on.

Similarly 3 smalls would give some quality assists, F50, tackling pressure along with goals.

You only need for the talls to take a couple of marks before done defenders go 3rd man up.

Whilst I agree an outside mid is the priority who exactly would play on Betts?

When we are not playing a defensive forward we might line up with LT, Betts, Harvey up forward.

To me it similar to the 3 talls policy and matchups being exploited. People being dragged to the square and so on.

Similarly 3 smalls would give some quality assists, F50, tackling pressure along with goals.

You only need for the talls to take a couple of marks before done defenders go 3rd man up.

Because Cruize was an inside midfielder who wanted to go home and Campbell was cut for disciplinary reasons.
Yeah that's right, I remember now. Campbell was the one that hit the piss, and Cruize never fit into our midfield and packed his bags.

Campbell was very hard done by. Who here can say if the opportunity presented itself that they wouldn't push a Posty off his bike and go for a spin? :stern look

It is something that should be considered appropriate, especially if they deliver unwanted mail.

But I actually thought Cruize was hard done by. Would have much preferred keep him on the list than a few others that we have.

It is something that should be considered appropriate, especially if they deliver unwanted mail.

But I actually thought Cruize was hard done by. Would have much preferred keep him on the list than a few others that we have.

Cruize was offered a contract but he decided to head back to WA.

Cruize was offered a contract but he decided to head back to WA.

Yeah, I forgot about that mate. Was it only one year though - thought he wanted more from memory?

Not saying he deserved more, but I think we have been generous for others in that regard.

Yeah, I forgot about that mate. Was it only one year though - thought he wanted more from memory?

Not saying he deserved more, but I think we have been generous for others in that regard.

Yeah it was just the one year from memory. Pretty sure he was going to go home regardless though, seeing as he decided to turn down the contract and head back to WA without attracting any real interest from the two clubs over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't understand why we want him. If we want him so bad, then why did we get rid of Garlett and Campbell last year?
Because Betts is a significantly better player than both of those.

Interesting read through this thread, hindsight is great, the overwhelming opinion was betts was not worth 500k a season and that LT was better value and you guys should go for daisy Thomas instead. Consider betts kicked 51 last year and well on his way to 60 this year do you guys still feel he is not worth 500k?

Interesting read through this thread, hindsight is great, the overwhelming opinion was betts was not worth 500k a season and that LT was better value and you guys should go for daisy Thomas instead. Consider betts kicked 51 last year and well on his way to 60 this year do you guys still feel he is not worth 500k?

Still not an unreasonable argument given we already have Thomas. Would Betts kick 51 alongside Thomas (who kicked just under that from memory last year)? I know that the media love Eddie for all the same sh*t that Thomas cops it but they are very similar and similarly performed players.

No doubt he is a good player though.

You are aware you guys simply outbid right? Plenty of us rated Betts too in case you read properly.

Absolutely pointless thread revival.

Nahas is now playing the role we would have had Betts play.

He's not on Betts level, but Betts output would be different along side LT.

We got Nahas for nothing.

You are aware you guys simply outbid right? Plenty of us rated Betts too in case you read properly.

Absolutely pointless thread revival.
Ok, I wasn't try to start anything, it may be pointless but it was a general footy discussion, which is what forums are about.
From what I read in articles the bids were equal. See here http://heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e...his-asking-price/story-fni5f5nx-1227350887824
There weren't many that rated him for 500k at all.
Anyway as you say it's pointless. Cheers

Ok, I wasn't try to start anything, it may be pointless but it was a general footy discussion, which is what forums are about.
From what I read in articles the bids were equal. See here http://heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e...his-asking-price/story-fni5f5nx-1227350887824
There weren't many that rated him for 500k at all.
Anyway as you say it's pointless. Cheers

I'm sure someone with good oil at the time said you outbid us by 50k.

But if you didn't then it's even more moot, he simply chose your club - clearly we rated him because we made an offer.

Personally LT presents better value to us as a side because of his team acts and passion. That's not saying that he's a better player than Betts if purely judged as a small forward.

And yes hindsight has proven Betts was a much better, um, bet, than Daisy. That actually pleases me because I'd happily watch the crows win 10 flags in a row before wanting carlton to experience a modicum of success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back