Ellinbank FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any practice matches scheduled for this weekend or next??? will have a clearer picture on how everyone is travelling after first praccy matches

I think we play Korumburra-Bena this thursday night, probably wont be a full 2 games I dont think with cricket still going on. We play Dalyston as well.

2 very tough hit outs I would have thought and with a few new blokes and a coach from Burra-Bena it should be interesting.

rumours floating around that nilma darnum have offered big money to a neerim 18 year old?? any truth?? may just be me but that pushes the limit when you are trying to buy a teams youth that they have spent up to 8 years producing first chance they are out of 18s system. must be struggling at bomber land

rumours floating around that nilma darnum have offered big money to a neerim 18 year old?? any truth?? may just be me but that pushes the limit when you are trying to buy a teams youth that they have spent up to 8 years producing first chance they are out of 18s system. must be struggling at bomber land

If he is worth the cash then why not? Get an 18 year old you might have them for life.

Whats the deal with Bunyip juniors and all the transfers to Warragul Junior League?

If he is worth the cash then why not? Get an 18 year old you might have them for life.

Whats the deal with Bunyip juniors and all the transfers to Warragul Junior League?

I don't see the problem with paying an 18 year old either, it's the rumours of clubs paying under 18s that is really not on.

I believe Bunyip have pulled their fifths out of the EDFL as league rules only state that you need 2 of the 3 junior teams. Pretty poor if you ask me, will leave fifths kids of their opponents without a game each week when they are capable of fielding a side.

I don't see the problem with paying an 18 year old either, it's the rumours of clubs paying under 18s that is really not on.

I believe Bunyip have pulled their fifths out of the EDFL as league rules only state that you need 2 of the 3 junior teams. Pretty poor if you ask me, will leave fifths kids of their opponents without a game each week when they are capable of fielding a side.

Thats ridiculous, so other teams might only get to play 12-14 games a year because they have pulled a team out. WDJFL has u/10, u/12 and u/14.5s, which teams will they have.

League needs to sort this mess out,

Thats ridiculous, so other teams might only get to play 12-14 games a year because they have pulled a team out. WDJFL has u/10, u/12 and u/14.5s, which teams will they have.

League needs to sort this mess out,

I think they will field all 3 age groups in the WDJFL. I assume the kids then go up to the EDFL fourths from there. Clearly a move that is for the benefit of their own club to the detriment of everybody else.

We had talks with a couple of blokes from Neerim but a money amount was never discussed but would of been if they had come, we had clubs chase our 16 year old kids offering them money to move. The kid did move but not for any money just to play with mates.

Any exciting praccy matches happened or happening?

We played a round robin/night series type thing VS Wandin, belgrave and Frankston Bombers. All 4 teams were pretty even. Rained the whole night!!

Frankston said their match last week VS Poowong had to be finished early,which isnt good for our comp....
Heard a couple of the lower teams are stuggling which isnt great to hear.

Dont the catch up games start this week?

Any exciting praccy matches happened or happening?

We played a round robin/night series type thing VS Wandin, belgrave and Frankston Bombers. All 4 teams were pretty even. Rained the whole night!!

Frankston said their match last week VS Poowong had to be finished early,which isnt good for our comp....
Heard a couple of the lower teams are stuggling which isnt great to hear.

Dont the catch up games start this week?

Why did it finish early??

We have played Korumburra-Bena and Dalyston, both likely top 3 sides in Alberton League. Beaten by both bit fairly competitive by all reports.

Dalyston have picked up BRad Fisher from carlton. Burra Jay Neagle, Uries, Morrow I think.

We played Ellinbank on Wed night, Our 3rds lost by about 2 or 3 points and the Seniors were very even but I think Ellinbank would have just got up. We had alot of 2's blokes in the squad though. Being a Wed night it was hard to get everyone there. We play Newborough this Fri night at Darnum.

any results from weekends praccy matches. two floggings to start the year off which most would have tipped. where to from here for poowong and ellinbank??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought i'd have a crack at tips this week and have come up with the following-
Bunyip by 45pts
Catani by 75 pts
Cora Lyn by 135pts
Garfield by 87 pts
Koo wee rup by 74 pts
Nar Nar Goon by 28 pts
Neerim by 7 pts (upset)

Any one else want to have a crack

Bunyip by 15 points
Catani by 20 points
Cora Lynn by 90 points
Garfield by 40 points
Koo Wee by 25 points
Nar Nar Goon by 36 points
Neerim South by 24 points

Rito, we are back again.
Plenty happening at most clubs over per season.
My predictions for the year are:
Ladder
Garfield (premiers, easy!)
Cora Lynn
Catani
Bunyip
Dusties
Nng

Kwr
Neerim
Nyora
Lang Lang
Longwarry
Buln buln
Ellinbank
Poowong
Nilma

League medal
1. L.walker
2. A. Soumilas
3.B.McCullum

Roughie: M.Whyte

Other prediction for 2013
- gwynne sacked
- a team will fold in edfl
- grand final back at Cora Lynn
- everyone excited about two tier league in 2014

Good luck to all teams on Saturday. By all reports, fine and sunny.

Other prediction for 2013
- gwynne sacked
- a team will fold in edfl
- grand final back at Cora Lynn
- everyone excited about two tier league in 2014

Good luck to all teams on Saturday. By all reports, fine and sunny.

I hope the 2 tier league comes in or else there will be clubs starting to fold in the near future. If 2 tiers doesnt happen in the EDFL in will happen another way very soon.

I hope the 2 tier league comes in or else there will be clubs starting to fold in the near future. If 2 tiers doesnt happen in the EDFL in will happen another way very soon.
I agree with you Leo..... the EDFL seriously needs to look at a 2 tier system or a completely create a new league as there are teams that must play each other every year (e.g. Nyora vs Poowong) & if you have a relegation/promotion system these teams might not play each other. Also the gap between the top teams & the bottom teams is far too great. Having teams being beaten by 15-20 goals is not a highlight for the League as it's too hard to recruit new players to these teams. I think the clubs are going to discuss & vote on this at tomorrow nights League Delegates meeting, so it would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall there.

The league will be a 2 tier competition by 2015, there is a steering committee that every club has a delegate at to try and get a solution for clubs to vote on. I know our club is know where near folding we have great Senior numbers and Netball numbers and our Juniors numbers are slowly growing.

Good to hear progress is being made. Why 2015 Piezy, why not in 2014?

I dont think it matters in the short term if its a seperate league or 2 tiered competition, either is a huge improvement on what we have now. Every year it gets even harder to recruit, what player would come to nyora for 500 a game when they realistacally cant win a flag when they can go somewhere closer to home for 900 a game who will play finals? Culture is good and blokes wanting to play with mates by in the end that amount of money is too good for blokes to refuse.

The MPNFL went with different leagues but had a provision to review every few years.

Good point Leo.
I wonder why the sudden turn around from League President. No less then 12 months ago he was against the idea, made league secretary (Keane) redundant for pushing the idea of two tier comp and for being too innovative and "forward thinking". It sounds like all clubs are on board with it now.
In my opinion, I would really like to see a relagation/promotion system. It will certainly make every game interesting, logistically it will be ok, we can't complain about travelling either. A couple more teams will have to join us. Those teams I'm not too sure. I know Killy bass and PI have been mentioned but they seem very set in he Alberton League.

Good point Leo.
I wonder why the sudden turn around from League President. No less then 12 months ago he was against the idea, made league secretary (Keane) redundant for pushing the idea of two tier comp and for being too innovative and "forward thinking". It sounds like all clubs are on board with it now.
In my opinion, I would really like to see a relagation/promotion system. It will certainly make every game interesting, logistically it will be ok, we can't complain about travelling either. A couple more teams will have to join us. Those teams I'm not too sure. I know Killy bass and PI have been mentioned but they seem very set in he Alberton League.

Yeah the whole thing has been a mess really. But looks like things are starting to improve as the clubs are starting to push this more. I think relegation is better too, otherwise clubs that I would think would sit in the middle LL, Catani, KWR, Dusties might vote against it as they would be unsure where they would end up. The more powerful clubs Garfield, NNG and Cora Lynn should all be for it, less travel and more competitive better standard of footy. And the smaller clubs Nilma, Buln, Ellinbank, Poowong, Nyora, Longwarryetc would all be for it too as most have been battling for a long time.

Tooradin I think would likely be keen to come into the league making 16 teams. If that was split 8 and 8 in the first year I dont see an issue. Gives some flexibilty moving forward for other teams to join. Clubs need to look 5-10 years ahead, not just next season which is what most do.

Thats just what was said at the AGM mate, who knows it could change tho. The league pres was quoted in the Weekly Times saying that the Juniors eg 10's 12's 14's would have there own comp and go back to 16's and 18's haha. It was only ever tabled as a "maybe" in the juniors delegates meeting but none of us Junior committee want to vote on anything until we know about the 2 tiered leagues. It also has a massive bearing on Netball with most of the successful clubs being from down our way and Poowong.

Longwarry by 15 points
Catani by 40 points
Cora Lynn by 100 points
Garfield by 80 points
Koo Wee by 25 points
Nar Nar Goon by 30 points
Dusties by 40 points

Not really good signs for the league when there are predictions of 5+ goal margins in the majority of the games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back