Ellinbank vs KWR

Remove this Banner Ad

There could have been a midweek evening match organised for the two teams between up-coming rounds. I know that there are some concerns with overworking country footballers and 3 games in 8 days is a lot to come to terms with, but it could have been done.

I know it is only Under 14 footy, but recently a fellow had a heart attack between an under 12 and under 14 game and was on the ground. The competing clubs decided to abandon the game on the day, and after 6 weeks, played the fixture at Moe under lights. I know that its only junior footy, but surely NNG and LL could organise the fixture to be played a Casey or somewhere that would have sufficient lighting.

Better still, someone could have contacted The Footy Show or the Ted Whitten Foundation and the senior game could almost have been considered as a curtain raiser for the Legend's game at Etihad!!! Headline: "Floods create headaches for country footy: Game to be played at Etihad"

I also understand the significance of the game for NNG. If it was Darnum V Nyora then you probably wouldnt worry too much about it, but if NNG were to miss the top 2 by 2 points it would seem grossly unfair that other options were not looked at.

Sounds a bit like not much has changed at EDFL league headquarters.

I can't be bothered giving a full reply but well said Mayhem, Willo and Robbo.

Saint Leo, you're a knob mate. You just don't get it.

Langy called the game off when the ground was playable and access to the ground was available. Why did they do that? Nothing to do with missing a few key players this week was it? The league didn't inspect the ground before agreeing to cancel the game and awarding 2 points each. They then inspected the ground on the Saturday and it was fine to play on. Lang Lang and the league are at fault, not NNG so why should they be penalised? Either a re-schedule of the game or 4 points to NNG would've been the fair result.

Well written tumbleweed.

Saint Leo, you are plain ignorant and refuse to read the posts in an open minded way.

Definitely shows that Lang Lang lied. They need to be held accountable.

If a ground is looking unsafe, clubs are usually notified as early as possible and an alternative plan is usually arranged. Quite often a ground can be deemed unsafe on a weekday and then an agreement to assess the ground on game day before a final decision is made. This might cause inconvieniance but only if the game is cancelled, which is very rare.

Well written tumbleweed.

Saint Leo, you are plain ignorant and refuse to read the posts in an open minded way.

If a ground is looking unsafe, clubs are usually notified as early as possible and an alternative plan is usually arranged. Quite often a ground can be deemed unsafe on a weekday and then an agreement to assess the ground on game day before a final decision is made. This might cause inconvieniance but only if the game is cancelled, which is very rare.

Im not sure NNG were penalised. They were right for the picking, Lang Lang would have beaten them....

Well written tumbleweed.

I am open minded, i couldnt give a s**t if NNG or LL won the game. But why does everyone just believe what NNG have said? People hear things 3rd hand and assume its fact.

The league said they called it off beacuse of the condition of the ground and the access to the town and LL have said the same thing all along.

There was none or very limited access to the town when they called it off, driving on those roads was unsafe. If there was more rain overnight or the next day then the roads would have been blocked again and idiots would be driving though flood waters to play footy, its not worth the risk!!

I am open minded, i couldnt give a s**t if NNG or LL won the game. But why does everyone just believe what NNG have said? People hear things 3rd hand and assume its fact.

The league said they called it off beacuse of the condition of the ground and the access to the town and LL have said the same thing all along.

There was none or very limited access to the town when they called it off, driving on those roads was unsafe. If there was more rain overnight or the next day then the roads would have been blocked again and idiots would be driving though flood waters to play footy, its not worth the risk!!

Geez St Leo.

A lot of if's and buts coming from you.

Reading the facts available and after exploring vicroads. The facts are quite clear. Lang Lang's ground was cherry ripe. Roads were open. If roads are openafter being closed then it is safe to assume that there was no risk as far as getting to the ground.

Interesting isn't it that Lang Lang have not uttered a word. Seems that they might be laying low to avoid the flack.

Your point about NNG being penalised is correct. Lang Lang could have quite easily won so it is their loss as much as NNG's but the fact that they called the ground as being unsafe was totally wrong and therefore technically a forfeit as they were the one's who asked for the game to be cancelled.

Geez St Leo.

Reading the facts available and after exploring vicroads. The facts are quite clear. Lang Lang's ground was cherry ripe. Roads were open. If roads are openafter being closed then it is safe to assume that there was no risk as far as getting to the ground.

Interesting isn't it that Lang Lang have not uttered a word. Seems that they might be laying low to avoid the flack.

Your point about NNG being penalised is correct. Lang Lang could have quite easily won so it is their loss as much as NNG's but the fact that they called the ground as being unsafe was totally wrong and therefore technically a forfeit as they were the one's who asked for the game to be cancelled.

You say its interesting that LL have not uttered a word? They are laying low?... Based on what? The fact they havent posted here on Big Footy?.. Haha righto...

Sounds like NNG got the rough end of the stick with how things were handled (I've only heard/read 2nd & 3rd hand info), but that comment made me laugh.

Geez St Leo.

Vicroads website full of crap, plenty of stuff on there that wasn't correct. Nyora vs NNS that week and everyone turned up coming through Langy. LL vs Goon game should not have been called off due to roads or ground. Wrong procedure and decision by league here!

this thread is becoming a joke, worst case scenario, a player is washed away / burnt in potential flood waters / bushfire or similar and passes away on route to a footy / cricket / tennis / bowles / pony club and no action was taken early enough the comp / accomdating club becomes a bunch of assholes for letting it happen. its a lose, lose.

this thread is becoming a joke, worst case scenario, a player is washed away / burnt in potential flood waters / bushfire or similar and passes away on route to a footy / cricket / tennis / bowles / pony club and no action was taken early enough the comp / accomdating club becomes a bunch of assholes for letting it happen. its a lose, lose.
Gotta watch out for those nasty floodwaters. Seems that friction from the water moving so fast can set you alight ;)

Why couldn't the game be played on Sunday?I know some people have church on Sunday's, but the league didn't do much to help, seems easier to call a game off .I think div 2 yarra vally had a game cancelled due to the ground being 20mm under water.

There are and were heaps of options. But none were as good as playing a game of footy on Saturday like we always do. The floods did more than just stop a game of footy, so many people involved in this game were effected.

MjRob and Clint Williams, bad luck for missing out on your match payments for that week but my family lost huge amounts of money due to floods in the area. They love nothing more than volunteering their time at the local footy but they, along with many others around Lang Lang, had bigger issues to attend. Think about the bigger picture boys.

We were glad it was called off and don't care how it happened - right decision was made at the right time. I would love for the game to be replayed now that we are back to normal and I hope it can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are and were heaps of options. But none were as good as playing a game of footy on Saturday like we always do. The floods did more than just stop a game of footy, so many people involved in this game were effected.

MjRob and Clint Williams, bad luck for missing out on your match payments for that week but my family lost huge amounts of money due to floods in the area. They love nothing more than volunteering their time at the local footy but they, along with many others around Lang Lang, had bigger issues to attend. Think about the bigger picture boys.

We were glad it was called off and don't care how it happened - right decision was made at the right time. I would love for the game to be replayed now that we are back to normal and I hope it can.

My thoughts go out to you and anyone affected, I hope all is well and recovered....

But, I dont play for NNG buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back