Unrestricted Free Agent Elliott Himmelberg [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t he linked to GWS and his brother?
Yeah Adelaide rejected the trade even though both Elliot and GWS were very keen.

Crows wanted Chol and when he went to Hawks they said No to letting Elliot leave as they had no replacement

As a UFA I suspect GWS may go back in. In saying that having locked down a spot and with a huge uncertainity over Thilthorpe and even whether he plays again, Himmelberg probably will get a nice contract to stay. More then he would get at GWS.

Expect he stays

I was a bit surprised to see him in the Crows AFL team this year, then surprised that he seemed to play fairly well.
Always had someone else in his ideal role really. Best suited to the 3rd tall forward role and Adelaide kind of bounced between Jenkins then Thilthorpe in that spot so never had a actual run at it.

Not too surprised he is playing well in the sense this is his first full on opportunity for his best spot

Yeah Adelaide rejected the trade even though both Elliot and GWS were very keen.

Crows wanted Chol and when he went to Hawks they said No to letting Elliot leave as they had no replacement

As a UFA I suspect GWS may go back in. In saying that having locked down a spot and with a huge uncertainity over Thilthorpe and even whether he plays again, Himmelberg probably will get a nice contract to stay. More then he would get at GWS.

Expect he stays
Thilthorpe has a knee injury so what is the uncertainty?

Expect he stays
He wANts To PLay WitH HIs BrOtHeR

(I’ve always wanted to say that regarding an opposition player coming to the Giants - just so I can have the real nuffy Big Footy experience)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though we can't match a deal I am hopeful that we might get decent compo if he does leave as I think he's shown decent form over the past month and he's in a role (KPF/2R) that is highly valued from a structural POV. Wouldn't surprise me if he snagged a three or maybe even four year deal at reasonable coin ($500K).

Expect he stays

pretty likely he goes to the giants

Crows should have taken what they could get last year.

why ? crows will probly get more in compensation then they would in a trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back